White Screen issue with SL Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dan Linden said:

@Fredz Faulkes Some things to try:

If you have more than one monitor, see if SL will start on one.

Unplug any additional monitors, and see if SL starts.

Work through https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056230/intel-nuc.html

Try adding the SL viewer to Nahimic's BlackApps.dat list as mentioned in https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-227725

I do currently have an external monitor connected to my laptop but even with it unplugged the result is the same, a white page.

I don't have Nahimic installed. Not even sure what that is or what it's for.

Edited by Fredz Faulkes
added details

• Lindens

Nahimic is virtual sound software and is preinstalled on some systems. You'll need to look for the folder mentioned in the last comments of BUG-227725 bug or look for a Nahimic service running in the Windows Task Manager to know if it's installed.

• 4 weeks later...

On 3/5/2021 at 8:08 PM, Dan Linden said:

Nahimic is virtual sound software and is preinstalled on some systems. You'll need to look for the folder mentioned in the last comments of BUG-227725 bug or look for a Nahimic service running in the Windows Task Manager to know if it's installed.

Had a look for anything Nahimic and there's nothing installed or running with that name. 

Both Firestorm and SL Viewer give me the same white screen. I've even disabled my Firewall just in case it might be that but it had no effect.

Really at a loss as to what it might be. SL used to run fine for many years on my PC...don't know why after a forced version update of the Viewer it all went sideways.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.