Created new avatar off secondlife. How can i upload it?

riverjoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The answer there was to send the post here because it dealt with Creation issues.  The original forum section of Avatar is not typically used for creation related questions.

I must have seen both questions before either was answered.  Not in a US timezone.

6 hours ago, riverjoy said:

COLLADA (".dae") files ?

Sorry am quite new to this al

Maybe you should drop back to the basics of how to create and build in/for SL

Go here:  https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/ --- pick a different language on the right if you  want.

Scroll down and start reading:

image.png.32d4cdf30d8187e096162f691d5af88d.png

36 minutes ago, riverjoy said:

So i changed format to .dae but now its saying i need to upgrade to a paid membership to upload it?

Does it say you need to be a premium member ("paid membership") or does it say you need to have payment information on file?  Those are two different things - you do not need to be a premium member in order to have payment information on file.  There will be a L$ cost for uploading a mesh object.

You might want to take a look at Uploading a mesh model - English - Second Life Community  for any requirements and the steps in the process. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:53 AM, riverjoy said:

Hey all,

I have been getting help creating my avatar for secondlife and i need to know how I can upload it into the game and play with it

On 1/23/2021 at 8:18 AM, riverjoy said:

Thank you.

Can you tell me the type of file i need to upload? As my file is not listed when i try to upload it. 

Is it .rar ?

You got help *creating* an avatar, and you don't know what file formats a 3d app can output, also asking if the extension is of an archive file? This stinks of downloaded content, next questions will be why the model doesn't move when worn. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.