Are There New Lelutka Heads Out?

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there four new Lelutka heads out or not?  I'm not sure...  I just went to the Lelutka store and the last time I was there, which was last year for the Black Friday sales, I did not see these four heads I see now.  

Edited by FairreLilette

10 hours ago, Amely Amethyst said:

Yes, they are new, though there were hints and a WIP pic in group chat during that sale. The demos should still be in group notices.

edited to add more info

I'm not sure what you mean by the demos should still be in group notices as the heads are available for both demo and purchase in the store now?

I was surprised!  I saw at least 4 I did not see for the Black Friday sales.  

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yay for Irina! But I like my head so much, I will probably not change. Fabulous new male head, too...

I haven't demoed them yet.  I probably will this weekend.  I still like Ryn a lot though and might like to have Ryn one of these days.  I think in SL, just in general, should put a lot of the older stuff to a permanent sale price or cheaper price.  If heads were cheaper I'd play more.  At higher prices, no, it's too much money.  I don't understand the logic with some creator's and their high prices.  Why not sell two or three at a cheaper price than none?  

Edited by FairreLilette

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the demos should still be in group notices as the heads are available for both demo and purchase in the store now?

That piece of info was meant to save you a tp back to the store and also for those people like me who hate arriving in a full store with avatar bits and pieces flying around for quite a while and vendors taking ages to rez. 😊 Also in groups with a ton of notices every day I usually have them switched off to check them manually, but keep forgetting to check it and this way miss info sometimes. Sorry for the confusion!😳

1 hour ago, Amely Amethyst said:

That piece of info was meant to save you a tp back to the store and also for those people like me who hate arriving in a full store with avatar bits and pieces flying around for quite a while and vendors taking ages to rez. 😊 Also in groups with a ton of notices every day I usually have them switched off to check them manually, but keep forgetting to check it and this way miss info sometimes. Sorry for the confusion!😳

Oh yeah!  That's a great idea!  Thanks for sharing that.  Easy get demos from the notice.  

I gotta say I couldn't be happier with the Eastern European look of SASHA and the thinner lip.  I can't wait to try it! 

I still believe some creator's should consider having their older lines be more affordable but my saying this is not just meant for Lelutka.  There is an older Catwa head I'd like to have but at 5K lindens it's a no-can-do for me; if it were a cheaper older Catwa head, they'd have a sale from me.  

• Like 2

The Evolution line is not LeLutkas "older" line it's their new line, gets regularly updated with nice features.

They dropped the price from 5k to like 3.9k, and at Black Friday you were able to get their heads for dirt cheap 2k.

And there were two completely free heads. Sorry but what else do you want?

If they didn't have "a sale from you" as you put it, at 2k, they never will and likely they won't care.

As rude as this may sound 😆

I still believe people should stop complaining about how certain designers price their items, if its too expensive for you aka not worth it for you than this certain brand or product might just not be for you, period.

People here tried to be helpful to you in this thread but all you wanted actually was a woe is me I want cheap stuff thread.

And I personally don't think that 3k,4k or even 5k+ is too expensive when you think about how much work went into such an item.

I am hoarding heads xD I own all the Genus ones, 5 Lelutka and about 6 or 7 catwa (those I haven't even touched in aaaages but still they were worth it at the time I got them because I enjoyed them)

I loved switching alot and atm I am wearing one certain Lelutka all the time. And considering that people usually are like that meaning getting one head and loving it long and dirty xD and not like me hoarding heads, 5k is just a fair price for designers.

Or actually it isn't xD when I think about my hourly wage in RL I wouldn't want to trade with them...they would have to sell alot of heads per hour to reach a fair monthly pay, so I'm happily paying them what they ask for because they bring me fun and I want them to be happy and also update my beloved heads for as long as possible xD

• Like 6

On 1/22/2021 at 6:36 PM, FairreLilette said:

Oh yeah!  That's a great idea!  Thanks for sharing that.  Easy get demos from the notice.  

I gotta say I couldn't be happier with the Eastern European look of SASHA and the thinner lip.  I can't wait to try it! 

I still believe some creator's should consider having their older lines be more affordable but my saying this is not just meant for Lelutka.  There is an older Catwa head I'd like to have but at 5K lindens it's a no-can-do for me; if it were a cheaper older Catwa head, they'd have a sale from me.  

I don't think the heads are priced too high at all; L$5,000 is £18. Remember the head is something you likely get a lot of use out of, maybe wear daily for a year or more (I had my last one for almost 3 years and wore it every day). I believe I saw @Skell Dagger say it took a YEAR for Catwa's latest head to be created! Think about it, a whole year of work and this may the the creator's rl income.

Even if priced lower, there will always be some who can't afford it or simply don't think it's worth that to them

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

The Evolution line is not LeLutkas "older" line it's their new line, gets regularly updated with nice features.

When I said their older line, I meant the origins line and then added I would pay half for an older Catwa head at half price of 2.5K but at 5K I will pass on that price.  

I know how long it takes to create items but with a possible vicious global economic downturn looming some creators might consider putting their older items on sale.  Once items are created they just copy over and over and over until forever, no limit.  It's better to sell 2 or 3 of an item at a lower price than none, and I've heard creator's had a bad year overall last year.  It could get worse.  Do they have any plan B or even C to weather such an economic downturn?  

I thought it worth mentioning as an idea about older items which I know don't sell quite as much.  

The best part of a free market is one gets to decide for their self if something is priced too high and not buy it, which usually means it isn't worth the money to those not buying. If the majority of people agree and vote by not spending money, the seller has the choice of not selling or dropping the price. If an item is under priced, lots of people are likely to vote with L$ and buy it, meaning it is more than worth the money. The seller can make money on volume or try raising the price to slow sales.

In RL each item/copy has to be made and that incurrs a cost. The law of supply and demand works very well in RL. In SL there are aspects of it that fall apart. But the buyer and seller choices work very well in both RL and SL.

The thing is all are free to make their own decisions. The free market doesn't have a place for one person to demand something from another.

The Lelutka people think they have their products priced correctly. We get vote on whether they do or don't. Complaining to the other buyers out here on the forum is swimming upstream. They have already made the decision to buy, or vote, and more of them are likely happy with their decision than not.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The best part of a free market is one gets to decide for their self if something is priced too high and not buy it, which usually means it isn't worth the money to those not buying. If the majority of people agree and vote by not spending money, the seller has the choice of not selling or dropping the price. If an item is under priced, lots of people are likely to vote with L$ and buy it, meaning it is more than worth the money. The seller can make money on volume or try raising the price to slow sales.

In RL each item/copy has to be made and that incurrs a cost. The law of supply and demand works very well in RL. In SL there are aspects of it that fall apart. But the buyer and seller choices work very well in both RL and SL.

The thing is all are free to make their own decisions. The free market doesn't have a place for one person to demand something from another.

The Lelutka people think they have their products priced correctly. We get vote on whether they do or don't. Complaining to the other buyers out here on the forum is swimming upstream. They have already made the decision to buy, or vote, and more of them are likely happy with their decision than not.

It's not complaining.  LOL  I'm presenting it as a possible plan B to shore up cash now for creator's overall and it wasn't even really directed at Lelutka.  I found a few companies recently that do have their older clothing line at reduced prices and thought that's not a bad idea.  As far as coronavirus and it's aftermath, it's been said it's going to be "a new world".  A new world is on horizon.  What that new world post-coronavirus will be...it's not known yet.  It might be prudent to shore up some cash now.  Look how many shoppers went out for the Black Friday prices, it was a lot and sales could allow creators to shore up some cash as well as keep the lindens flowing.  And, this was no typical Black Friday.  It was a coronavirus world Black Friday.  

Sorry if people see it as complaining.  It was more a plan B thought out loud.  However, each seller will, of course, decide how to price their items as this "new world" emerges.  

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It's not complaining.  LOL  I'm presenting it as a possible plan B to shore up cash now for creator's overall and it wasn't even really directed at Lelutka.  I found a few companies recently that do have their older clothing line at reduced prices and thought that's not a bad idea.  As far as coronavirus and it's aftermath, it's been said it's going to be "a new world".  A new world is on horizon.  What that new world post-coronavirus will be...it's not known yet.  It might be prudent to shore up some cash now.  Look how many shoppers went out for the Black Friday prices, it was a lot and sales could allow creators to shore up some cash as well as keep the lindens flowing.  And, this was no typical Black Friday.  It was a coronavirus world Black Friday.  

Sorry if people see it as complaining.  It was more a plan B thought out loud.  However, each seller will, of course, decide how to price their items as this "new world" emerges.  

Aaah... not a problem. Some things are lost from thought to written worlds.

I think Lelutka has played the cards really well. For years, they have been in the shadow of Catwa, then Genus too.

All the new skins and makeups was for Catwa, then Catwa/Genus, and once in a while a Lelutka skin. For a while I believe Genus took over Catwa as number one in new skins and makeups. Lelutka was parked well behind them.

Reducing the prices to 3800 was a good start. Instead of having the lower price one or two weeks, it has lasted. The new Evolution line look great, and they have the same low price. Then a 50% sale, and on top of that, a giveaway of both a male and female head.

Suddenly it is Evolution products everywhere. It is not just that Lelutka wanted to be kind, but it is a great way of doing business. Skin and makeup creators find out that the Lelutka owners has multiplied. So they start to produce for the new line. People that's looking to buy a new head, see products for Evolution everywhere. If they like the skins they see, they have to buy a Lelutka head...

They have been really productive too. Simone head was the first Bento head, and it took a really long time before Lelutka made new Bento heads. 4 new heads now, so soon, came as a surprise. 17 Evolution heads! All in a year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Aaah... not a problem. Some things are lost from thought to written worlds.

Yeah, the new world economies are something I have been wanting to discuss BUT since they are not here yet it's more like creators and buyers will cross those bridges when they get to them I guess.  Having sales is a large part of business in the real world.  That is how business' in the real world make it by enticing buyers in.  It's just a fact of business.  I was also wondering 'what if' creators could put a few items on sale at BUY IT NOW prices and when they are gone, they are gone.  Sort of like sellers on Ebay do with their buy it now feature, but not quite.   

41 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yeah, the new world economies are something I have been wanting to discuss BUT since they are not here yet it's more like creators and buyers will cross those bridges when they get to them I guess.  Having sales is a large part of business in the real world.  That is how business' in the real world make it by enticing buyers in.  It's just a fact of business.  I was also wondering 'what if' creators could put a few items on sale at BUY IT NOW prices and when they are gone, they are gone.  Sort of like sellers on Ebay do with their buy it now feature, but not quite.   

This really isn't the thread for that discussion. Start a thread in the appropriate forum section for that discussion. Let me know if you do.

33 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This really isn't the thread for that discussion. Start a thread in the appropriate forum section for that discussion. Let me know if you do.

Merchants section?  I was thinking that too.  I will think about starting one.  Not right now though because I have plans.  But, I'm also thinking it seems we will cross those bridges when we get to them.  At least that seems to be the plan in play for the time being until more are vaccinated at least.  

I love to look at all the heads, I think they show a great variety when I see them all together.

https://lelutkasl.com/evolution-heads/

I tried demos of heads and thought I should buy one in the sale, but I could not find any head I like more than the Lake head. I am much more "loyal" to my mesh self than I was to my "classic" self. I used to get a new skin almost weekly, and changed shapes too. I jumped between brands, a skin from here, a skin from there. I think the mesh avatar look so much better, I don't need to chase around. I am settled. 

But I will try the new demos. Just in case. 😉

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I love to look at all the heads, I think they show a great variety when I see them all together.

https://lelutkasl.com/evolution-heads/

I tried demos of heads and thought I should buy one in the sale, but I could not find any head I like more than the Lake head. I am much more "loyal" to my mesh self than I was to my "classic" self. I used to get a new skin almost weekly, and changed shapes too. I jumped between brands, a skin from here, a skin from there. I think the mesh avatar look so much better, I don't need to chase around. I am settled. 

But I will try the new demos. Just in case. 😉

My go to will probably be Catya from Catwa for awhile.  I bought AIDA at the Black Friday sales because she's cute and not too young looking as Baby Face from Genus can be, and I wanted something that would be for the age of about 18 to 20 as my avi's were about 35 for a long time and I needed a change.  And, fitting BOM skins to the origins line is not so easy, so I went back to applier with AIDA.  I will definitely get RYN as I absolutely love it and I think RYN will be my 2nd favorite to Catya.  I cannot wait to try these new heads though.  SASHA and IRINA are said to be designed after EASTERN EUROPEANS on the Lelutka webpage which is part me as I am half Polish in origin (no pun intended).  

Edited by FairreLilette

It's cute how you talk about "looming epidemic crisis" and that creators should think about that their customers have lower income ...maybe. (my husband and I for example have not lost any income, more the other way around luckily and I think we are not alone in this, so you can not use this argument to cover up your cheapskateness xP)

And the creators? Are they not people that deserve an income and food? Such a weird logic to me.

And you said you wanted the Ryn head, and that's not an old line that's a from the Evolution line. Period. 

Lelutka lowered their prices from initially 5k to 3.9k because of the pandemic, but as I said not only customers deserve and need money. If you use that argument you should always see both sides. And if you do not understand that point you clearly just think that creators in SL owe you cheap stuff, and are unhappy about the fact that they don't give you the head you want for free. Because really as I said before Ryn was out already at Black Friday and if they didn't see a sale from you for 2k than they will never, and mostly won't care.

Everyone in here is really nice and helpful and you are just like "bUt mY mOneY iS sO MuCh mOrE wOrth thaN yOur WorK"

And to me that's highly disrespectful.

It's totally ok to say "hey this one thing is cute but for me it's too expensive\not worth it" but parading about how everyone owes you and telling them how to price their stuff is not.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.