LINDEN REALMS AND DATA AND PAYMENT

MillenaRaphaela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Everything about Linden Realms and Paleoquest suggest LL is discouraging players, by making the time spent in the game not worth it.  A result of new ownership counting the pennies?

I would imagine what they are trying to do is make it unattractive to the people that use bots, armies of alts or whatever to milk L$50 a time out of the realms 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I would imagine what they are trying to do is make it unattractive to the people that use bots, armies of alts or whatever to milk L$50 a time out of the realms 

Is it profitable for some of the players to make a bot with payment information? since the game Linden Realms and Paleoquest is closed for free players (which many undeservedly call a bot) these * BOTS * are no longer there

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Quenata said:

Is it profitable for some of the players to make a bot with payment information?

If someone wants to give any number of alt accounts payment info used status which i believe is now required if you wish to cash out in addition to the weekly they can do if they feel it's worth it

17 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If someone wants to give any number of alt accounts payment info used status which i believe is now required if you wish to cash out in addition to the weekly they can do if they feel it's worth it

For payment information, you need to provide your passport, residence documents, Paypal account, your payment card to buy Linden dollars .. How do you imagine making such an opportunity for several avatars (Alternatives), which you call *bot* - of the same person?

Edited by Quenata

1 minute ago, Quenata said:

For payment information, you need to provide your passport, residence documents, Paypal account, your payment card to buy Linden dollars .. How do you imagine making such an opportunity for several avatars (Alternatives) of the same person?

You only need to add and use an accepted payment method you don't need to do anything else you mention unless you want to try and turn L$ in to RL money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Вам нужно только добавить и использовать принятый способ оплаты, вам не нужно делать ничего другого, о чем вы упоминаете, если только вы не хотите попытаться превратить L $ в деньги RL.

To buy Linden dollars, you must provide everything that I have listed (including your passport). Some time ago, Tillia reported about this, and already many people have come across this to buy lindens, for people who are many years in their second life, they must again provide their personal data.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Quenata said:

To buy Linden dollars, you must provide everything that I have listed (including your passport). Some time ago, Tillia reported about this, and already many people have come across this to buy lindens,

I can't find any info that says you have to provide personal details beyond an accepted payment method to buy L$ or whatever only if you wish to withdraw L$ to RL and that's to comply with relevant financial regulations

Edited by Claireschen Hesten
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Quenata said:

To buy Linden dollars, you must provide everything that I have listed (including your passport). Some time ago, Tillia reported about this, and already many people have come across this to buy lindens, for people who are many years in their second life, they must again provide their personal data.

I put a card on my alt account and had to provide none of that.  As @Claireschen Hestensaid, the rest is only needed to cash out Ls to USD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Я положил карту на свой альтернативный аккаунт и не должен был предоставлять ничего из этого. В качестве@Claireschen Hestenсказал, что остальное нужно только для обналичивания Ls в доллары.

sorry for the question, have you been doing this for a long time? a few months ago, there were requirements that I wrote about.

9 minutes ago, Quenata said:

sorry for the question, have you been doing this for a long time? a few months ago, there were requirements that I wrote about.

I just started a new account now.  Added payment method with NO addition information aside from credit card info.  It does say under your Account..

We may need some additional information in order to process credit from your Tilia account.  You do not need to submit any additional information if you are adding a payment method.

Process credit is selling Lindens.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Я только что завел новую учетную запись. Добавлен способ оплаты без дополнительной информации, кроме информации о кредитной карте. Там написано под вашей учетной записью ..

Нам может потребоваться  дополнительная информация  для обработки кредита с вашей учетной записи Tilia. Вам не нужно предоставлять дополнительную информацию, если вы добавляете способ оплаты.

Процессный кредит - это  продажа  Lindens.

thank you for information . this is good news, it may have been simplified

• Like 1

Just now, Quenata said:

thank you for information . this is good news, it may have been simplified

It's been like that for some time.  I think people don't seem to understand what process credit means or they want to collect Ls in the game and cash out to RL.  THAT requires additional information as always.  If you only plan to use Lindens inworld, there is no need to fill out anything additional.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's been like that for some time.  I think people don't seem to understand what process credit means or they want to collect Ls in the game and cash out to RL.  THAT requires additional information as always.  If you only plan to use Lindens inworld, there is no need to fill out anything additional.

I found out that the information about payments, necessary for these games and other things, will be saved in the profile only if you buy Linden dollars and your means of payment will be permanently attached. only then will it be valid. At the stage of buying lindens, some people have a problem with identity and personal data, which require all documents to be provided. I don’t know, maybe it’s not for everyone. have you tried to buy lindens? didn’t require personal documents?

[20:56:36] The Pad:
 Sorry. You need to have a Payment method on file, and you need to have used it at least once to buy L $. Click on this link https://accounts.secondlife.com/billing_information and follow the instructions. Once complete please wait 10 minutes before claiming your reward.

3 hours ago, Quenata said:

I found out that the information about payments, necessary for these games and other things, will be saved in the profile only if you buy Linden dollars and your means of payment will be permanently attached. only then will it be valid. At the stage of buying lindens, some people have a problem with identity and personal data, which require all documents to be provided. I don’t know, maybe it’s not for everyone. have you tried to buy lindens? didn’t require personal documents?

[20:56:36] The Pad:
 Sorry. You need to have a Payment method on file, and you need to have used it at least once to buy L $. Click on this link https://accounts.secondlife.com/billing_information and follow the instructions. Once complete please wait 10 minutes before claiming your reward.

Using the payment info IF it is valid, will not require any further information.  

You must have a payment method on file with Linden Lab and you must have used it at least once before you can use either the Daily or Weekly payout pads

Once you put payment info on file, you could purchase the minimum amount of Lindens then never use it again.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

Possibly LL demand extra info from people living in certain countries? I know that living in the UK all I need is a Paypal address to buy lindens but I have no idea what the requirements would be elsewhere.

I tend to feel that halving the weekly payment will double the amount of alts, but maybe that's the desired effect. Maybe they're under pressure from the new owners to increase user numbers.

1 hour ago, usagihara said:

Possibly LL demand extra info from people living in certain countries? I know that living in the UK all I need is a Paypal address to buy lindens but I have no idea what the requirements would be elsewhere.

In The USA, your paypal account must be verified and attached to a valid bank account before LL will accept the paypal account for PIOF.  Are those with many alts in the Realms or Paleoquest at once all using the same verified paypal account?  Paypal bank accounts must agree with the name information you provide paypal, even if you use different email addresses for the paypal account.  LL does not normally see your banking information from paypal, but they do have the paypal account info (email address).

Those using ****1. ****2, **** 3, up to ****99 as PIOF accts must have figured it out. (where **** is some combination of characters).

2 hours ago, usagihara said:

I tend to feel that halving the weekly payment will double the amount of alts, but maybe that's the desired effect. Maybe they're under pressure from the new owners to increase user numbers.

As long as LL refuses to enforce the "following" alts (attached to one main alt) in PaleoQuest and Linden Realms, that could be the case.  I don't think that LL intended to increase user numbers, by penalizing everyone because of the few cheaters.  This will decrease user numbers, if anything.

IF they are under any pressure from the new owners, it is to increase revenue and profits, by weeding out the non-paying customers.  The ideal SL resident would be a fully employed unmarried male in his 20's to 40's, who spends $500 USD/month on his hobbies.  The hard core gamer and online sex seeker, in other words.  

Newbies with no lindens contribute nothing to the LL bottom line, and by cutting their main source of income, they hope they will leave (or find a RL job).  The Realms has already been reduced from 6 estates of 12/regions per estate, to only 2 estates.  By taking 4 of the LR estates offline, they have saved the cost of running 48 regions.  This also reduces the number of crystals available, making the crystal collecting slow and frustrating.  This discourages more players.  Soon they can cut another LR estate off, leaving just one left.  The plan seems to be to slowly kill the games entirely, by providing zero incentive to play.

The main focus now is selling $99/yr Premium accounts, and adding new regions in Bellessaria for the Premium members.

The official reason for cutting the Quest payouts in half was to discourage the cheaters.  But since this also discourages the majority of honest players, and they must know that, I believe the real reason was economic.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

As long as LL refuses to enforce the "following" alts (attached to one main alt) in PaleoQuest and Linden Realms, that could be the case.  I don't think that LL intended to increase user numbers, by penalizing everyone because of the few cheaters.  This will decrease user numbers, if anything.

IF they are under any pressure from the new owners, it is to increase revenue and profits, by weeding out the non-paying customers.  The ideal SL resident would be a fully employed unmarried male in his 20's to 40's, who spends $500 USD/month on his hobbies.  The hard core gamer and online sex seeker, in other words.  

Newbies with no lindens contribute nothing to the LL bottom line, and by cutting their main source of income, they hope they will leave (or find a RL job).  The Realms has already been reduced from 6 estates of 12/regions per estate, to only 2 estates.  By taking 4 of the LR estates offline, they have saved the cost of running 48 regions.  This also reduces the number of crystals available, making the crystal collecting slow and frustrating.  This discourages more players.  Soon they can cut another LR estate off, leaving just one left.  The plan seems to be to slowly kill the games entirely, by providing zero incentive to play.

The main focus now is selling $99/yr Premium accounts, and adding new regions in Bellessaria for the Premium members.

The official reason for cutting the Quest payouts in half was to discourage the cheaters.  But since this also discourages the majority of honest players, and they must know that, I believe the real reason was economic.  

There are people who have been in SL from nearly the beginning who have never been premium and rarely if ever purchase Ls.  They make money in SL making something or providing a service.  They may even have a private estate paid for by their SL earnings where they have rentals.  They are renting that private estate to other residents who may not be premium.

Of course LL would like people to be premium but you certainly don't have to be to be a productive member and add to the SL economy.

I pay what amounts to less than $10 a month for premium.  Less than some people spend on coffee in a week.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Of course LL would like people to be premium but you certainly don't have to be to be a productive member and add to the SL economy.

I pay what amounts to less than $10 a month for premium.  Less than some people spend on coffee in a week.

Which is what LL management also thinks.  Hence they devalue the games assuming no one with money or the ability to work in SL will care.

The rest, who for many reasons may not be able to afford or justify $10 USD per month, can always play Solitaire in Windows :)

If LL really wanted to go after the game cheaters, they could. It might take one linden to work part time on the effort, since all preventive measures can not be automated. But that would cost them a Linden salary, which is many times more than they would ever lose from all the game cheaters.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

I know a person who uses simple "follow me attachment" to carry 20 (with 2 different machines) alts around LL games every avatar linked to each other, they make train walk (It was funny to watch). He clicking objects manually. So it is technically not a bot lol.

I will not name them but it was apparently doable before "payment info" restriction.

After restriction he used same payment account on all avatars and all of them banned lol :)

I guess LL fishing for these people and he got the bait.

Edited by RunawayBunny

I'm not able to find the quote now, but there was a linden on the forum that mentioned it's been devaluation because of people cheating and they would devaluate it until the cheating is not worth it for the cheaters, which in turn has the outcome of hurting the people playing the game legit.   I'm hunting for where I saw that again, just ran across it the other night.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.