Game of Homes - What Do You Want?

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I decided "one last try and I will settle for whatever I get and stay put for awhile". The giver-of-homes was wonky - i could not teleport from the page or the map, so I tried to remember where on the map my new place was, use the in-world map to go to the Region, and then walk around clicking on parcels until I found which one was mine. I tried different stilts, and a log house, and on my last attempt I tried for a houseboat. On the map it looked great, until I found the spot.....I forgot one thing for a "perfect place" - there should be a structure on it....

Iforgotonething.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
still trying for perfection
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

Today I decided "one last try and I will settle for whatever I get and stay put for awhile". The giver-of-homes was wonky - i could not teleport from the page or the map, so I tried to remember where on the map my new place was, use the in-world map to go to the Region, and then walk around clicking on parcels until I found which one was mine. I tried different stilts, and a log house, and on my last attempt I tried for a houseboat. On the map it looked great, until I found the spot.....I forgot one thing for a "perfect place" - there should be a structure on it....

Click the life preserver and hold until you see the "reset" message in chat.  Hopefully that fixes it and you'll then be able to rez a Houseboat.

• Like 2

I wanted a stilt home as I love water, palms, beach etc. I’ll admit I was a little disappointed when I first saw them as most areas seem so cramped so I made some criteria for myself. No spot where I’m looking straight into someone else’s house/deck. West facing as I love sunset over water. Side neighbors are ok as long as there is space to landscape them out. I wouldn’t knock something back if it faced a void as I did that once before & nothing was built there for over 6 months. I got lucky & got Ringing Palms. The front faces west but I’ve worked a deck onto it to take in the vast emptiness of ocean. It’s an OW but there is just a short stretch of water between me & the beach (good place to put the boat), unobtrusive side neighbors & right near a beach bar. It’s where I’ll stay for now until I see what fills the void.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Iforgotonething.jpg

The last time this happened to me with a houseboat, the land page was glitched. It also felt like a message from my late husband on what would have been our 20th anniversary. I released a Vic, and when I went back to the land page to select another house; it showed that I already owned a houseboat in Eagles Fly. Houseboats hadn’t been an option.   The eagle was my husband’s emblem. I had to contact live chat to get it fixed. It took two Lindens to figure it out, since they were puzzled by it, too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

The last time this happened to me with a houseboat, the land page was glitched. It also felt like a message from my late husband on what would have been our 20th anniversary. I released a Vic, and when I went back to the land page to select another house; it showed that I already owned a houseboat in Eagles Fly. Houseboats hadn’t been an option.   The eagle was my husband’s emblem. I had to contact live chat to get it fixed. It took two Lindens to figure it out, since they were puzzled by it, too.

So, did you keep the houseboat on Eagles Fly?  As rational as I am, a deep down part of me does believe in fate and that sometimes you do get messages that need to be paid attention to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

So, did you keep the houseboat on Eagles Fly?  As rational as I am, a deep down part of me does believe in fate and that sometimes you do get messages that need to be paid attention to.

I didn't realize until today when I was trying to find the name of the region that my alt claimed it on my anniversary. I don't know why I didn't take it in when I first got it. I was amazed to have landed it by its name. It wasn't one I had even be aware of.  If it was a wonderful location, I would have hung onto it. Alas, it's just a photograph in my book of memories.

Empty Eagles Fly Houseboat 3.png

• Like 3

I miss GoH. Not terribly much, but it is an itch. The first time in Bellisseria, I thought I was going to stay in one place for ever. First 4 months, with a Traditional and a Boat. I had one Premium alt. Then I found out that the Boat placement was quite boring in the middle of a row. And that the Trad was in a very laggy region because it was filled with boats and a few houses.

So the alt abandoned his boat and got a perfect Traditional. I stayed there 6 months, and gave it up when I had that craziness for Hammond Park and the other regions there in south. I regret that even today. Not as much as the first months, but it is still in the back of my head.

I think I had 4 types of homes, the same time. I did not know then, that I did not have to pay VAT if I signed up for annual Premium. I have had some really great locations, but they didn't take me emotionally like that second Traditional. 

I used GoH for the hunt in whole 2020. It was not about having the homes but getting them, and the best location possible. For Traditionals, it was those unique locations in older Belli. For boats, end of row and with room around, but not the big sand islands. For Victorians, the more flowers around the house, the better. For Logs, flowers there too. But for every style, water. Next to water, and with an open view at least to one side. Same for Stilts, on the edge of a region with void water so I see only ocean. I don't care if it's new houses there in the future, I do not have a deep connection to LH homes anymore.

But I still miss GoH when I am bored. Perhaps I will sign up an Alt in the future, but not now.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 5

On 1/21/2021 at 12:53 PM, Rufferta said:

I confess I've been playing GOH lately, and I've been trying to figure out what it is I'm looking for. I tried to put together some thoughts:

• square plot or end of row (houseboat)
  • view
  • attached to land (houseboats, stilts)
  • privacy - or at least one view without another structure
  • protected water nearby
  • place to put a boat and a place to sail (I'm not a good navigator and I need a wide straight channel)
  • neighbors who don't have flourescent palm trees
  • not a parcel with uncertain future - will the empty space next door be more houses or something nice?
  • A place that "feels right".

I know I'm asking a lot - what do you think?

My second houseboat I ever got (randomly I was not even aware of GOH then, LOL) fit all the above and was on the front (sunset side) of a tiny island called Cobbs Marina.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.