WTH is .....

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

This is part of the Zany Zen Railroad. It goes through at least two Regions - Gaori and Somdari.

You found it, this is a good place to start with it:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Somdari/239/201/46

The trains run every 20 minutes and the Gaori end is by a lovely little welsh village with a bit of beach.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This may relate to a location that was posted earlier. It appears to be contemporary with the four "Korea" Regions, because they both offer the same "click here to get a free outfit" setup.

There was also a chat parrot, and a large building with some nice artwork.

free-clothes.jpg

I am stumped on this. I think we might need more of a clue, I know I do :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Clue: This is a Welcome Center that was constructed in 2003. It is not too far from another Welcome Center that starts with an "A", and an old amusement park with a maze. 

dore from hill.jpg

The Castle Orientation Centre at Dore. I never knew that existed before!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dore/43/99/27

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

I looked all over for that, even going back to the Japanese area of the Premium home areas where incidentally I found this, which amused me:

Snapshot_017.jpg.21e170d87a8d0a75607774457a55e21f.jpg

But no need to go looking for it, my next teaser is this shop where the prices are so low they are underground, but where is it?

Snapshot_018.jpg.0b7f63d119d6c4b43150b4370ca90dab.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

It has been a while so maybe some more hints.. First off the observatory is on an island, this photo might give some more context:

Snapshot_021.jpg.9cbdd96033a3e7a5f70dff621df0a45f.jpg

The Island would have been familiar to people in the Leeward Cruising Club, they were formed from a particular Yacht Club (no longer active), that is just a few regions south of the observatory.

Immediately South of the observatory is a little pair of islands distinctive in part for this menacing feature.

Snapshot_022.jpg.4732da4f5bde9d001bc60d1a14469e31.jpg 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It has been a while so maybe some more hints.. First off the observatory is on an island, this photo might give some more context:

Snapshot_021.jpg.9cbdd96033a3e7a5f70dff621df0a45f.jpg

The Island would have been familiar to people in the Leeward Cruising Club, they were formed from a particular Yacht Club (no longer active), that is just a few regions south of the observatory.

Immediately South of the observatory is a little pair of islands distinctive in part for this menacing feature.

Snapshot_022.jpg.4732da4f5bde9d001bc60d1a14469e31.jpg 

The Observatory is in Henshaw, and the "LDPW_EyeofEvil" is in Elderbridge.  Both, I believe, were made by Garden Mole.

• Like 4

What road is this? According to SL Lore, the foundations of this road were found buried by a team of Survey Moles, and Abnor Mole restored it.

For a long time it was not part of the Nautilus road system, but recently a road was built to connect it with another route. The red/black brick surface makes a lovely drive on a Sunday afternoon.

Forgive my clumsy attempt at making a balloon.

sevenchickens.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
trying to clean up image
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Rufferta said:

What road is this? According to SL Lore, the foundations of this road were found buried by a team of Survey Moles, and Abnor Mole restored it.

For a long time it was not part of the Nautilus road system, but recently a road was built to connect it with another route. The red/black brick surface makes a lovely drive on a Sunday afternoon.

Forgive my clumsy attempt at making a balloon.

sevenchickens.jpg

It is Route 14. I love that story and it is a lovely little road. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gormthoog/127/207/37

I hadn't noticed Angel's have added in a connection for it to Route 13. That really helps alot.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Where can you go river rafting with Tubes of Saturn?

Tethys.

bilde.thumb.png.b67667114412503ca4001b05478c036d.png

I loved that challenge. It was obviously somewhere north of the Snowlands but I'm not familiar with that area at all so I had to search for it. Turns out there is a lot of lovely madness going on there. Someday I'll explore it properly.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

That's a puzzlement. I feel sure I ought to have seen it, what with the searchlight and all, but can't find it. A clue, please?

Oh, I actually thought it was easy. I suppose you see what it is. LL used to have yearly awards for the best places in different categories. Sadly they stopped back in 2009 so this 12 years old award whatchacallit is stills tanding. I didn't check but I can't imagine any of the landmarks it gives are still valid.

Anyway, the overall area was one of the last builds the great Eric Linden was involved in. This was around the same time he made his famous wild west gun duel machinima and he was very much into that style at that time, even changing to a native American avatar. So he added some amazing wild west style wooden bridges and a few totem poles and decorated the nearby telehub (which may be the last telehub still standing) in a native American style.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Oh, I actually thought it was easy. I suppose you see what it is. LL used to have yearly awards for the best places in different categories. Sadly they stopped back in 2009 so this 12 years old award whatchacallit is stills tanding. I didn't check but I can't imagine any of the landmarks it gives are still valid.

Anyway, the overall area was one of the last builds the great Eric Linden was involved in. This was around the same time he made his famous wild west gun duel machinima and he was very much into that style at that time, even changing to a native American avatar. So he added some amazing wild west style wooden bridges and a few totem poles and decorated the nearby telehub (which may be the last telehub still standing) in a native American style.

OK - Finally found it - it is in Brampton - on the map, it looks like it is on the toe of the "paw" near the Barrowdale Infohub.

Brampton 180, 169, 58.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This is in Heterocera near Route 1. Here you can get information about the Linden Roads Community and other organizations that are working to promote Mainland travel.

Aww, it took me ages to figure out why there was no sign pointing to the car park! I should have seen the obvious reason right away!

My answer doesn't count though since I'm the co-founder of LRC. Jazz doesn't count either - she's my alt and so close to me she can almost read my mind. But here she is just to show off:

bilde.png.49b6cc72ddbde1ed521bb52e24b5fd83.png

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.