WTH is .....

Aethelwine

7 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

This is hard... It's underwater. There's 15 cards and tee shirts left btw.

Snapshot_006.jpg

The water depth and date make it likely to be the atoll, but the sea bed texture doesn't match most of the water except in the middle... and there I found it in Caldera Lake

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zygaena/131/128/36

Still thinking about Rufferta's one.

Kind of as an aside, Ingrid the idea of this thread is that people only post new locations for people to guess when they have guessed the location of the person that last got one right. I don't think anyone is really worried about the occasional person misunderstanding and dropping a location in for us to guess and yours was certainly an interesting one. So not chastising you or anything but if more people start doing this, it could get really confusing as to who's turn it is.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We have seen lots of wonderful LDPW builds across the ages so far in this thread, this next one has always struck me as a bit of an embarrassment. It is not that there is anything particularly wrong with the bare, decaying buildings and quay.... but those sculpty palm trees that never seem to render properly laid out with nothing else to distract you from them.... just look so bad..

Anyway here it is... and where is it:

Snapshot_004.jpg.81a103fc39275be2565ee0da16f6ff0b.jpg 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

We have seen lots of wonderful LDPW builds across the ages so far in this thread, this next one has always struck me as a bit of an embarrassment. It is not that there is anything particularly wrong with the bare, decaying buildings and quay.... but those sculpty palm trees that never seem to render properly laid out with nothing else to distract you from them.... just look so bad..

Anyway here it is... and where is it:

Snapshot_004.jpg.81a103fc39275be2565ee0da16f6ff0b.jpg 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Frostar/157/11/25 - Maybe it is supposed to reflect the unfinished nature of the Gaeta continents, or it was just some random idea to make that abandoned beach setting. It is at that part where the road is secluded from the rest and you'd have to use an amphibious vehicle to get there, so it looks intentional. I love Gaeta V, though, it's very sandy and pretty overall.

I guess I want this to be the next one, I like that throne. Where is it?

where1.thumb.jpg.c8b0ccf753578c3d820cb16b578ca265.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

We have seen lots of wonderful LDPW builds across the ages so far in this thread, this next one has always struck me as a bit of an embarrassment. 

There's so much bad content from the LDPW around the grid. Honestly, most of it isn't great. They've hired some professional content makers now so the more recent stuff is much much better.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

There's so much bad content from the LDPW around the grid. Honestly, most of it isn't great. They've hired some professional content makers now so the more recent stuff is much much better.

Remember that the early Moles only had prims to work with. Would you go to Stonehenge and say "I wonder why they didn't use better materials?"  

Disclaimer: I am a member of the LDPW Mole Fan Club

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AlettaMondragon said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Frostar/157/11/25 - Maybe it is supposed to reflect the unfinished nature of the Gaeta continents, or it was just some random idea to make that abandoned beach setting. It is at that part where the road is secluded from the rest and you'd have to use an amphibious vehicle to get there, so it looks intentional. I love Gaeta V, though, it's very sandy and pretty overall.

I guess I want this to be the next one, I like that throne. Where is it?

where1.thumb.jpg.c8b0ccf753578c3d820cb16b578ca265.jpg

It is the Sandcastle in Valenza !

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Valenza/164/158/40

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This, I believe, dates back to around the time Svarga was first built.

lauk'snest.jpg

What an awesome journey you took me on to find them!

I had never heard of Svarga before, so well I found out more about it here and visited it to poke around:

https://modemworld.me/2012/07/28/svarga-of-memories-old-and-new/

An astonishing build for just prims, and so noticeably lag free. Those ugly palms I mentioned in Gaeta V present, but hardly noticeable in amongst the richness and quality of the rest of the build.

The book tower was interesting step back in time and there I found the clue that got me to find your hippos in Lauk's Nest Island:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alviso/179/199/61

What a fascinating journey in to the past, thank you!

And I have sailed past that island so many times, even spoken to the owners about a banline they had up for a while... but never actually looked around closely or appreciated its history. So a big thank you for sending me on that journey of discovery.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

This is hard... It's underwater. There's 15 cards and tee shirts left btw.

Snapshot_006.jpg

Thank you for posting this one @Ingrid Ingersoll! It is the ONLY one I recognized. And that is because after many years I am reacquainting myself with mainland and recently moved to a parcel on Caldera Lake. I feel a little less dumb. Lol!

• Like 1