WTH is .....

Aethelwine

1 hour ago, victoravatar said:

Some  sort of a museum... is it?

The Brenner dinosaurs are replicas of the sort of displays you would see at a museum, but they are displayed on an island out of that context. I would think of them simply as Linden mainland landmarks demonstrating the complexity possible with regular prims.

• Like 3

It seems that the thread has run its course, I know I have been struggling to think of new locations to showcase so maybe now time to wrap it up at least for now.

I will tie up the loose end. The last locations I posted were all about Inspire Space Park and its associated areas at Shinda. A lovely place to visit that has delighted visitors for more than 10 years. 

A big thank you for everyone that participated in the thread, it has been a delight hunting down the locations people have found

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This warms my heart and makes me LOVE SL even MOAR! ♥♥♥

a2d1f2183f6f6bb9ef1de19cc3c2a62a.jpg

Ohhh  no... don't close this thread... there has to be MOAR and MOAR?

Edited by BJoyful
I scrolled up AFTER I pasted this fabulous find checking to see if it must be Protected Land (which this isn't but it sure sends a lovely message ♥♥
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

I've enjoyed this thread, especially when people provide the location after a period of time to the areas they have taken a picture of, because it gives me a lot of places to explore.  Sooo I am using my magical necro powers to try to revive it.

2002847002_threadnecro.jpg.4c2b26d68b019

Now with that out of the way.

-------------------------------------------------

The land to this place is dated well before my time, way back in 2004, but fits my tiny avatar well.  This is an island off of the mainland owned by LDPW.

Snapshot_254.thumb.png.6b48130c196b5c0069d4db205bdf063d.png

I'm sorry, but I could not for the life of me figure out the last two locations.  As per the OP there is a flow to this all, but seeing how long it has been I thought I might try to jump start this thread back to life.  

• Like 6

On 8/19/2022 at 8:13 PM, Istelathis said:

I've enjoyed this thread, especially when people provide the location after a period of time to the areas they have taken a picture of, because it gives me a lot of places to explore.  Sooo I am using my magical necro powers to try to revive it.

2002847002_threadnecro.jpg.4c2b26d68b019

Now with that out of the way.

-------------------------------------------------

The land to this place is dated well before my time, way back in 2004, but fits my tiny avatar well.  This is an island off of the mainland owned by LDPW.

Snapshot_254.thumb.png.6b48130c196b5c0069d4db205bdf063d.png

I'm sorry, but I could not for the life of me figure out the last two locations.  As per the OP there is a flow to this all, but seeing how long it has been I thought I might try to jump start this thread back to life.  

Pretty sure this one is Intrepide :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Intrepide/209/36/22

I am not sure but I think a 2014 date will be closer than 2004

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, BJoyful said:

I recognise this (and can see route 6 to indicate I am in the right area)... I will find the spot later but the Jack Linden one is a mystery to me.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4

On 3/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, BJoyful said:

I think that is in Lota. You either derendered a lota stuff or it has changed alot since you took the photo. Much more built up around it now!

• 1 year later...

It's been (over) a year, so I'll volunteer to restart the fun again... 

333LindenStreet.thumb.png.963fe0f10dc25553b2ff57a2f72b04be.png

A replica of the front facade from 333 Linden Street, San Francisco - the original home and headquarters of Linden Lab.

But in which sim region is it in?! 😉

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...