Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe that is the lighthouse in Gaeta, Lastness Region in the Coastal Waterway 214,104,22?   Now, is anyone brilliant enough to figure out where this is? (The clue is in the question.)

A thread in General discussions has reminded me of a game we used to play on one of the sailing forums. Basically the idea is that someone posts a photo of themselves somewhere recognisable in SL

Aethelwine, you were at Brenner enjoying the dinosaurs created by Torley Linden.  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

To help a bit, the date and context of the Grotto narrows it down to being in one of the 8 mature regions from the 50 that would have been around then and it not being in the Outlands narrows it down it down even further.

This map from June 2003 might help

june-2003.jpg

Partly to highlight the hint added, it isn't in the basement of the Daboom info hub or the Mole playground!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

To help a bit, the date and context of the Grotto narrows it down to being in one of the 8 mature regions from the 50 that would have been around then and it not being in the Outlands narrows it down it down even further.

This map from June 2003 might help

june-2003.jpg

I would never have found this without your clues! Who knew? Anyway, I had to fly over quite a bit of territory before "Grotto" in the Area Search field showed "Grotto sign". Freelon, Thunder Electric's Land, 148,65,20. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I spotted this brightly colored trolley going by, and hopped a ride, but suddenly it disappeared and left me on the road. I also rode on a monorail.

This collection of regions is not considered a continent by some residents, and my handy-dandy 'continent locator' only tells me "You are in the East". Where am I? (Just one of the common names of the continent will do.)

 

teen trolley.jpg

ghosttrolley.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't know the exact location, but that looks like the old Teen Grid (Ni, Loki, etc.) to me.

I tp'ed over to Loki and it does look very similar ... but I can't see that type of Tram there or those particular road markings.

I thought the old teen grid was the Sharp continent. I have never been to the Loki cluster before.

Edit to add: ignore me the map has updated now and filled the other regions in and I can see it is the Sharp continent not just the 4 regions I was initially seeing. Grrr it is about time they fixed the world map

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I tp'ed over to Loki and it does look very similar ... but I can't see that type of Tram there or those particular road markings.

I thought the old teen grid was the Sharp continent. I have never been to the Loki cluster before.

Edit to add: ignore me the map has updated now and filled the other regions in and I can see it is the Sharp continent not just the 4 regions I was initially seeing. Grrr it is about time they fixed the world map

I just encountered the tram in Ni, but it vanished before I could get a photo. 😂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You're both right - It is the westermost part of Sharp/The Old Teen Continent. The monorail and tram run through at least four regions like Loki and Ni, and it is in Ni that my trolley evaporated.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rufferta said:

You're both right - It is the westermost part of Sharp/The Old Teen Continent. The monorail and tram run through at least four regions like Loki and Ni, and it is in Ni that my trolley evaporated.

There's something identical that goes from Ahern to Luna Oaks in Bay City i've never seen a tram of any sort on it  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There's something identical that goes from Ahern to Luna Oaks in Bay City i've never seen a tram of any sort on it  

Nova Albion and the that part of the old Teen Grid are clones of each other. I have seen a tram going through Nova Albion on occasion, though I admit I've not visited recently. I think I was usually in Sistiana when I saw one. 

EDIT: Just popped over to Sistiana and encounted the trolley right away. :)  Now, if you were talking about the monorail, i don't know about that. The one in the Teen Grid area runs, but I'm not sure about the Nova Albion version. 

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am at a nice old community that has seen some recent updates that have updated some of the old prim work in mesh. One of the many attractions of the community id their train network.

I was lucky enough to arrive on the platform just as the train came in:

Snapshot_043.thumb.jpg.979079311419fe10bedae2b4e740dc54.jpg

For context this is next to the station:

Snapshot_044.thumb.jpg.d03a6fa8badb017919b9399b3a8abe94.jpg

But which region am I in and where am I?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you are visiting the East River Community, and are in Grizedale at the station near the Basilica. :) 

Edited to add: I haven't been there in years and wouldn't have recognized it except I know Elisha's trains. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

OK I will give a clue: It's on the Atoll. 

There is road like that in the North of the Atoll but I am not seeing it. Maybe someone else will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

There is road like that in the North of the Atoll but I am not seeing it. Maybe someone else will.

I think the stone-paved routes like that are fairly common on all parts of the Atoll (the various Mole-built Routes). If no one finds it and another clue is needed, I will come up with one. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...