WTH is .....

Aethelwine

I do know it, especially after the second hint... but I am busy for a few hours and can't think of a new location to post... so will leave it for now and see if anyone else gets it.

It has been a very welcome rezz spot for the more adventurous sailors for at least 6 years and probably a lot longer.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

This is another welcoming privately owned spot in remote waters, this Marina has been around since 2009 providing safe passage through a corner that would otherwise be blocked and rezzing in an area lacking Linden rezz zones.

Snapshot_110.thumb.jpg.88a41cbf00a24545750c7fe48492c524.jpg

Snapshot_111.thumb.jpg.3b1a209471fc82bc0db77bd6edc32420.jpg 

This is Gateway Marina in Gogol.  Truly beautiful. In my search I visited many other Marinas whose owners allow public rezzing, and I am really impressed by everyones' generosity.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

This is Gateway Marina in Gogol.  Truly beautiful. In my search I visited many other Marinas whose owners allow public rezzing, and I am really impressed by everyones' generosity.

It is one of Jes Kattun's places and makes for a lovely start or finish to any cruise. Without it the waterways to the South would be cut off from the rest of that side of Nautilus... and beyond. There are a couple of routes from that side of Nautilus through Corsica that will take you on to The West side and the Blake Sea, but they involve some tricky protected waterways. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4

A small but elegant Marina made by Abnor Mole.  On the wall inside is a painting called "Uncle Ab", and outside there are folding chairs around a fire pit. Where am I?

eminmarina2.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
wardrobe problem
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, Rufferta said:

That IS weird!. I tried to teleport to Yucca, 17,221,30, and ended up in the water. Walking along the bridge you are not affected, but if you are in the water and try to teleport back to the bridge you can't. 

If this had happened to me when I was doing solo exploring, I would have figured it was my mistake, but I guess it is 'a feature' - sort of our own Second Life Bermuda Triangle?

I tripped over this thread for completely unrelated reasons, but since I'm here, FYI: I happened to come across this Friday afternoon while following Route 2 around the north shore, and submitted a ticket about it. It has been fixed. No more Bermuda Triangle in Yucca. 🙂 There is a photo attached to the parcel that suggested a building used to be down on the water there, so that might be why the landing point was also down there, but I don't know for sure. You can now TP straight to the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Rufferta said:

A small but elegant Marina made by Abnor Mole.  On the wall inside is a painting called "Uncle Ab", and outside there are folding chairs around a fire pit. Where am I?

Emin Marina? The boat there you can use and a new one will rez

Where could this underwater dwelling be?

WhereIsThis9.thumb.jpg.a6eb430e5719af8326fa757521fb3f03.jpgWhereIsThis11.thumb.jpg.8db9fc62cac52e32ce898f0237f732d2.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm glad you found it, the photo was too dark for me to make out what it was. 

Totally black on my mobile phone screen... When i got home and could see it on my computer screen I could make out what it was :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Very nice find:  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bogatanta/31/21/4

I love Abnor's posters

Going to check that out didn't know there was something similar out there, those posters don't exist in the location i used. The one at  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Banpo/31/164/1 is described as a "Merfolk Bunker"

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm glad you found it, the photo was too dark for me to make out what it was. 

apologies about the second pic turns out everything looks darker underwater with shadows left on

• Like 3

Very nice find:  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bogatanta/31/21/4

I love Abnor's posters

Snapshot_112.thumb.jpg.e8ed6075e0c82a02c6f71c9bd2b374ef.jpg

I stumbled across this historic marker the other day. It is at the end of a road on what was originally the Korean continent. It is on a pod tour, a pod just passed me.

Snapshot_114.thumb.jpg.978f336021c5d1c20130081303d1878b.jpg

Snapshot_113.thumb.jpg.f3ae9cb9a80a0b5bef189e71816509cc.jpg 

I found it, I found it! Stanlee Region, West Coast Road - 0/144/37.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Going to check that out didn't know there was something similar out there, those posters don't exist in the location i used. The one at  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Banpo/31/164/1 is described as a "Merfolk Bunker"

apologies about the second pic turns out everything looks darker underwater with shadows left on

Ohh I see the posters are in different locations. I was premature claiming to find it.

Sorry.

• Like 2

I was curious so I went back to Bogatanta to check and the bunker itself is attributed to Dark Mole. The two posters on the left are attributed to Abnor Mole, but the far-right poster - "327th Recon Poster" - is attributed to Dark Mole.(see snapshot below)

The two posters on the long side are attributed to Abnor Mole, but the helmets and tridents* are Dark Mole's...*You won't see the tridents unless you get rid of the sand. I did that by using Advanced/Rendering Types/Surface Patch**

**This time I didn't erase all my toolbars by accident when I used the Advanced option...

merposter.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
got to stop posting late at night
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It shows as Abnor's creation in edit ?

He may have used Aley's texture or maybe they both found it on the internet. It may be the other way round too of course, Aley certainly used LL textures in her builds, but it's so much her style and she had a similar ground dweller poster as part of her much earlier Slum City work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

He may have used Aley's texture or maybe they both found it on the internet. It may be the other way round too of course, Aley certainly used LL textures in her builds, but it's so much her style and she had a similar ground dweller poster as part of her much earlier Slum City work.

I have seen Aleys world map used by the moles too... With the "here be monsters" annotation next to zindra.. 

I miss Aley's builds and sense of fun and humour, a shame they left. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Rufferta said:

While I was looking for 'The Merfolk Bunker' I found a cozy wooden platform by the water. Where am I?

checkers2lunabrink.jpg

You are in Luna Brink on the edge of the sandboxes ... here :

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Luna Brink/113/45/28

I love that area so many little details to find.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2