WTH is .....

Aethelwine

I seem to be stalking Magellan Linden...

Snapshot_073.thumb.jpg.b26c412b69422f07b20f5492d3fba9d4.jpg

He really is a worry, perhaps he crashes all the time because of his Old Warthog Rum habit

Snapshot_074.thumb.jpg.dc1ba59b59b79e7cdd047fdf4204e749.jpg

I wonder if Os ever found him, this letter is there:

16 April 2008

Dearest Magellan, 

I am searching for you on the new continent, and I hope you are all right.  About the last time we met - it's all water under the bridge now.  I hope you understand.  Let us never mention it again.  Please come back.  

Your loving Os

But where am I?

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Maybe a closer view of the info hub Magellan is in front of:

Snapshot_076.thumb.jpg.2795794dd26a44c36062eb41d10b92b9.jpg

Snapshot_075.thumb.jpg.449afc61163ffa4c3625d76f59b3d1f2.jpg

The beach wreckage is in Squall 208/158/23. I used to have a parcel in the area, but before I learned how to use Area Search, so I hadn't seen the message in a bottle (or the FIC badge...).

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

The beach wreckage is in Squall 208/158/23. I used to have a parcel in the area, but before I learned how to use Area Search, so I hadn't seen the message in a bottle (or the FIC badge...).

I thought about posting a picture of the FIC badge, it is funny to see there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rufferta said:

If you visit this fortress, be careful of the floor over the molten lava. Where am I?

Note: Currently having technical problems getting photos out of Second Life, so this is an old snapshot.

place4.jpg

The trapdoor identified it for me...but had I thought of it, the scale of your cat to the chair should have made me search there straight away.

it is the odd little fortress at Formidable

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Formidable/201/49/29

There are some quirky and fun little details in the decoration there. I wonder if there is a story behind it.

Edit to add: I too am having a problem taking photos to disk. I wonder what is up?

I had to save to inventory (with 10L$ upload cost) and then to disk and then convert the tga to a jpg to upload it.

Edit again to add: Photos are downloading directly now fine, not sure if a relog fixed it or if it was just temporarily unavailable.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

Here is a spot I found today, but I'm not asking you to guess where it is. It is in Green, by the corner of the walk that ends in the falls at Mauve. (eMauve Falls). There is a hole in the walkway that I thought was a flaw, but it turned out to be a very steep ramp down to the surface, where I spotted this kiosk. You can get a copy of the original "I am" sign for $L1, as well as a tent or a cabin for different amounts (The sign said the cabin and the tent were in inventory, but I couldn't find them.) 

Thinking about camping sent me to DeHaro, which used to have a public campground; however, although †he sign is still there, and there is an archery range and a small stable, land return is set from 5 to 15 minutes, so you couldn't camp for very long....

These days I think you can rent a campsite through the SL Public Land Preserve, and there are some private campgrounds in Second Life.

Iamsign.jpg

• Like 3

It doesn't look like Adam is playing so, I will post another.

Rufferta you got me thinking of somewhere... not exactly the same as camping, but a long stay (6 hours) Sandbox that has been running on mainland since 2006.

Here is a photo ... do you know where it is?

Snapshot_026.jpg.792318d4d160b1072d3b2abfdcf453a6.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Rufferta you got me thinking of somewhere... not exactly the same as camping, but a long stay (6 hours) Sandbox that has been running on mainland since 2006.

Rare I log on the forums now, but I did do my part, I passed you my Easter Egg list that took me 8 1/2 months to make, some of them have made an appearance in this thread ^^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Rare I log on the forums now, but I did do my part, I passed you my Easter Egg list that took me 8 1/2 months to make, some of them have made an appearance in this thread ^^

I might need to start referring more to it as I run out of inspiration for new locations

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It might help to clarify that it isn't a Linden owned sandbox.

I will also add that shallow water and narrow waterways are typical of the area. 

Edited to add that big Rainbow must have made my legs look that colour... I am not wearing orange tights.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

Adam, I have been trying to compare your list to mine, but we have different methodologies - you have yours arranged by type, and mine are arranged by location....:) still, I've already found some I don't have, so thank you.

Aethelwine, I didn't realize there were so many sandboxes in Second Life. I have been finding some amazing things*, but I haven't found the sandbox you pictured  - yet.

*Example "Public Avatar Sandbox" - in Firestorm Search I thought it looked like a region filled with individual dressing rooms. When I got there, though, it is a region called Mission Home Store and what I thought were dressing rooms were the tops of giant praying statues surrounding a store that sells Mission Furniture!  The architecture is a tribute to Lebbeus Woods. (I'm not getting any kickbacks on this, but it is refreshing to see a region that includes a store that is not all just 'same old, same old'.)

Edited by Rufferta
Region has won architecture awards. Art rather than commerce.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It might help to clarify that it isn't a Linden owned sandbox.

I will also add that shallow water and narrow waterways are typical of the area. 

Edited to add that big Rainbow must have made my legs look that colour... I am not wearing orange tights.

Ferox Public Sandbox 80/186/24. I don't know if it is just me, but this was easier to find using the official Second Life Viewer than using Firestorm.

• Like 2

This location is in Bellisseria. 

This is in an area with a large undersea tunnel network. I spotted a 'half-empty bottle of alcoholic nature', a skull, and a treasure chest while exploring, but nothing I could take home.

The rock spire projects up into the water, with floating chests nearby.

I found this not too soon after I got my first houseboat, so it is fairly new by Second Life Standards. It is in a water region in an area with both traditional homes and houseboats, and shows as a dark circle on the map.

picard'swharf.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufferta said:

Ferox Public Sandbox 80/186/24. I don't know if it is just me, but this was easier to find using the official Second Life Viewer than using Firestorm.

The web based search is slower and doesn't always load for me, but it does give different results. Sometimes worth trying both when looking for something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufferta said:

This location is in Bellisseria. 

This is in an area with a large undersea tunnel network. I spotted a 'half-empty bottle of alcoholic nature', a skull, and a treasure chest while exploring, but nothing I could take home.

The rock spire projects up into the water, with floating chests nearby.

I found this not too soon after I got my first houseboat, so it is fairly new by Second Life Standards. It is in a water region in an area with both traditional homes and houseboats, and shows as a dark circle on the map.

picard'swharf.jpg

Looks like Picards Wharf to me. :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Picards Wharf/62/138/8

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Just what i was thinking, If it's still there, there's a hidden gift somewhere within the tunnels/cave from a long time ago when Patch Linden started doing a hunt in Bellisseria but it seems to have stopped after two locations

• Like 1