When I grow up I want a house like...

archangel969

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now I want the full region with the cave system from Fanatik and all the add-ons. And the Dungan castle on top of the mountain, some trenches and a bridge over to it... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Fanatik-Architecture-DUNGAN-CASTLE-mesh-fantasy-castle-building/15885492

Room for more houses on the other side of the mountain... The Quinta palace. And I want a super modern house too... I must start to buy lottery tickets.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, archangel969 said:

Oh, but that is also a wonderful dream! And yes, I absolutely adore trains, but trains in a somewhat fantasised and idealised version of course. In RL I wrote 2 novels where the stories take place in trains. It is my choice not to share my real name here, otherwise I would have shared a link to it, but they are written in Dutch anyway so no one will read that here LOL

And I am also a big big fan of Rail away! I don't meditate or do yoga or something like that, but when the horrors of everyday life and the news get too much for me, I'll watch at least three episodes in a row and the world is good again for a while 🙂

It's too bad your books can't be translated to English, and audio versions would be even better as I just love Dutch accents. I began my exploration of meditation Yoga via a Yoga-nun from Holland, and so have many fond associations.

Now that is an interesting way to balance oneself I hadn't thought of  -- watching train episodes. Yes, doing what we love really works!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archangel969 said:
Love dreaming and making plans. So I allready made a moodboard for when I'll have a piece of land with Dutchie's villa Utrecht on it. Leafy, yet open Dutch park like environment, a labyrinth, an ancient herb garden. Wonder where I will get all those prims from 🙂

Schermafdruk 2021-01-31 18.12.55.png

This look pretty much like my neighbor's house in mainland, I can't add the link of course but this is a quick snapshot, you can have/make this beauty in mainland as well.

Webp.net-resizeimage(84).thumb.jpg.b275ef887934321b1a4da92892c4ebc9.jpg

Snapshot_10126.thumb.png.08c389086ec790a3f15d9b384b43177c.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

This look pretty much like my neighbor's house in mainland, I can't add the link of course but this is a quick snapshot, you can have/make this beauty in mainland as well.

Webp.net-resizeimage(84).thumb.jpg.b275ef887934321b1a4da92892c4ebc9.jpg

Snapshot_10126.thumb.png.08c389086ec790a3f15d9b384b43177c.png

Oh yes, this certainly looks like it. It has the same atmosphere. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I'm really sorry for the anti-climax because it all went so fast!

The day before yesterday I bought a pacel that is big enough for my dreamhouse. The evening before that I became premium. And yesterday I bought villa Utrecht!

I'm afraid I can be a bit of a pushover once I've set my mind to something :-). I reality I have waited a year to take this action, because of the costs. Now I thought: 'You only live ones.' And I said to myself: 'Do you really want this? The answer was yes. So I bought it.

But I really still can't believe it. This morning I clicked the wrong link and came to a parcell that was fully build. You see!" I said to myself, I made a wrong purchase, I was fooled, it was too good to be true!' Then I realized my mistake and went to the right parcel and heaved a sigh of relief. There was villa Utrecht!

Well, I had a plan, I really did. But with me it always turns into trial and error. I have allready placed  a square around the villa, ground with grass texture and some trees. I want a square around the house and around that a park-like wooded area. I hope I have enough prims, because there should at least be a sheep or a cow walking in this rural setting! 🙂

Oh, did I allready said that I was happy-the -peppy?

Snapshot_20780_026.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Snapshot_20780_026.png

And of course you are all invited - when I am settled - for a glass of champagne! And after that, you can allways drop by, also when I am not there. Walk the little park and try out everything in the house.

Edited by archangel969
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:38 PM, archangel969 said:

I'm really sorry for the anti-climax because it all went so fast!

The day before yesterday I bought a pacel that is big enough for my dreamhouse. The evening before that I became premium. And yesterday I bought villa Utrecht!

I'm afraid I can be a bit of a pushover once I've set my mind to something :-). I reality I have waited a year to take this action, because of the costs. Now I thought: 'You only live ones.' And I said to myself: 'Do you really want this? The answer was yes. So I bought it.

But I really still can't believe it. This morning I clicked the wrong link and came to a parcell that was fully build. You see!" I said to myself, I made a wrong purchase, I was fooled, it was too good to be true!' Then I realized my mistake and went to the right parcel and heaved a sigh of relief. There was villa Utrecht!

Well, I had a plan, I really did. But with me it always turns into trial and error. I have allready placed  a square around the villa, ground with grass texture and some trees. I want a square around the house and around that a park-like wooded area. I hope I have enough prims, because there should at least be a sheep or a cow walking in this rural setting! 🙂

Oh, did I allready said that I was happy-the -peppy?

Snapshot_20780_026.png

That is such a beautiful home! Congratulations! It makes my heart leap whenever I read about someone achieving their dream home whether on SL or RL.

So strange to see your dream come true so soon.  And the furnishing of the environment is ready too. Now the parcel is full to the nock.  When I added a tree, the entire ground floor of villa Utrecht disappeared. Okay, I paniqued only for a little while and then I had the brainwave to look in my inventory. And what did I see? Downstairs villa Utrecht! So I deleted a few trees and put it back on its place.  Looked like nothing happened 🙂 That's a sign: stop decorating. Time for a housewarming of estate Utrecht!

Of course you are all invited, you all were so very kind here. You can vist whenever you like, it is open to everyone. When I am there maybe we can have a glas of wine in tthe inventory of the villa or De Vecht dome! You are all very welcome here.

Seaside view 8192sqm - Earp [M], Earp (231, 174, 51) - Moderate

Snapshot_20791_022_klein.png

• Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 7:22 PM, Marianne Little said:

9 Li per sheep that walk around. And also static decor sheep. Static animals can be placed in the background between the trees. Not too bad in Li. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JIAN-Sheep-Collection/12123887

Jian has good animals.

Great tip about JIAN, @Marianne Little! There was room for 1 sheep and she/he? is adorable! Also, and that is very important - the sound is not overloud. Sometimes the sheep says bah, but not all te time so the bleating mixes nicely among the other sounds of the birds etc.

The sheep and I in the maze

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, my fellow residents! As I allready stated, I will go away for some time to do RL things. I guess my retreat will take severall months. In the meantime, you all are very welcome to visit my place: Utrecht estate. I am not there and it will be great to have some life around the place.

I feel very much at home there. It reminds me of my homeland whitout being overly cliché Dutch. Of course it all began with the wonderful villa Utrecht by Froukje Hoorenbeek from Dutchie Funitures and homes, and the teadome De Vecht. Around it I furnished green meadows and a park environment (trees from Skye). Also I added a small canal with a bridge and a wharf on a lower level. And an old indoor swimming pool! (you can reach it by the doors at the wharf downstairs). I didn't change much in the house, except adding some portraits of my favorite writers (salon and guest room). They have soundfiles with a few lines from their poems when you click on them.

So for everyone who wants: be my guest! Have breakfast in the backgarden near the teadome, have an intimite diner in the conservatory or a large diner of a discussion at the diningroom. And there are many more fun animations in the house from Dutchie.

Well, see you all later!

Utrecht estate, Earp (201, 174, 45) - Moderate

Snapshot_2080986_011c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 3:44 PM, Marianne Little said:

When I win the lottery, I want a whole region just for my different houses. I don't have enough Li to have more than one up at a time. And I like so many. Now I dream about an underwater build... but I am not tired of the house I have on land. Oh, to have so many Li to spend that I don't have to think about land impact...

Some homes:

Calaran Sky Castlehalloween_008Snow terraceHardwick Manor

Bit late but where is the 3rd home from, if you don't mind me asking please? Stunning!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.