Guess where

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Total guess here -- I've only been there once. Central Park?

That's Bow Bridge in... Central Park. The twin towers in the background are The Eldorado. Back in the Summer of 1983, I bought an Orange Crush soda for a sweltering policeman standing outside a bodega near the base of that building.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Without some structure, this might devolve into everyone just posting pictures and attempts to solve them are drowned out.

7 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Photo1.png

West Baden Springs, Indiana? If it is, this was by pure chance. Few months back I looked around for buildings in the panoptical style and this one kind of stuck out.

6 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

87ba28019052f7025cd94f609ab13298.jpg

Pure guess but my mind instantly went Chicago.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

Without some structure, this might devolve into everyone just posting pictures and attempts to solve them are drowned out.

West Baden Springs, Indiana? If it is, this was by pure chance. Few months back I looked around for buildings in the panoptical style and this one kind of stuck out.

Pure guess but my mind instantly went Chicago.

No, it is taken from the Imperial Palace Gardens in Tokyo.

3 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Somewhere in Sweden ?

Yes. 

I'll give you a clue: every year, reenactors of Danish soldiers breach the town gate. The Danish conquest sort of fizzled out and the territory never swapped hands. When Stockholm got word about how the town had gone ahead and constructed a town wall (which is a special privilege that only cities with express permission may do according to medieval law in large parts of Europe), the town was fined by the king. Thanks to the wall, the town is now an UNESCO world heritage. 

13 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's Bow Bridge in... Central Park. The twin towers in the background are The Eldorado. Back in the Summer of 1983, I bought an Orange Crush soda for a sweltering policeman standing outside a bodega near the base of that building.

I bet that policeman was..hot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Yes. 

I'll give you a clue: every year, reenactors of Danish soldiers breach the town gate. The Danish conquest sort of fizzled out and the territory never swapped hands. When Stockholm got word about how the town had gone ahead and constructed a town wall (which is a special privilege that only cities with express permission may do according to medieval law in large parts of Europe), the town was fined by the king. Thanks to the wall, the town is now an UNESCO world heritage. 

Visby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.