How do I get my shop listed in search?

ProfessorSam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, ProfessorSam said:

I've set up a new store and I need to know how to get it listed in search.

Are you referring to a store inworld, or a marketplace store?

If it's an inworld store, on the "About Land -> Options" tab, there is a checkbox for showing place in search, and a drop-down box for selecting a category.  There is a L$30 per week charge if you choose to have it show in search.  

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 10:41 PM, MoiraKathleen said:

Are you referring to a store inworld, or a marketplace store?

If it's an inworld store, on the "About Land -> Options" tab, there is a checkbox for showing place in search, and a drop-down box for selecting a category.  There is a L$30 per week charge if you choose to have it show in search.  

It's an inworld store but I'm renting on someone else's sim. Unfortunately, I don't see that checkbox under options.

35 minutes ago, ProfessorSam said:

It's an inworld store but I'm renting on someone else's sim. Unfortunately, I don't see that checkbox under options.

The check box should be there even if you're renting from someone else, but it may be grayed out and not selectable if you are not the owner of the land, or have group land rights to set the parcel as searchable.

The "Show Place in Search" is under the "Safe" box, roughly in the middle of the image:

1125415194_Screenshot2021-01-21135740.jpg.4b314a2a693ed01aad192e1b24f5b8a2.jpg

If you are renting and not able to set it, you could contact the owner to see if he would set it for your parcel - because there is a weekly charge for it, you would probably want to agree to an increase in the parcel rent to cover that charge.  

Otherwise, you can put the SLURL to the store in your profile (along with a little description about it).  Often people will put the store name in the 'about' part on the front of their profile with a "see picks" and then create picks with the link to the store location and other info about the store. 

You could check to see how "Classifieds" work, and if that is something you could do without being the owner of the parcel.  I've never used classifieds but here's a link to a Knowledge Base article about them: Classified advertisements - English - Second Life Community

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReineBloodwolfy said:

What about marketplace store? I am trying to figure out how to add my marketplace store to my picks. Is that possible?

You can put your marketplace store with a link in your profile.
I don't know if it is possible to put a link in the picks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.