Jump to content

The new Firestorm seems corrupted!


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 86 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi. I'm having serious issues with Firestorm at the moment and I'm not quite sure why! For starters, I never have issues with loading, updates or anything involving signing in, so you can imagine my level of frustration at the moment. Now, everything has been running smoothly with the current updated. Then today, a major case of lagging began to kick in, and suddenly Firestorm just stopped working all together. I signed back in only to see the orange poof that appears during rezz...and nothing else. The landscape shows up, but not completely. And now, as of this very moment, I'm not able to sign in at all! I did manage to check the Firestorm group chat and quickly noticed that other people were complaining about performance issues as well. Unfortunately, my viewer refuses to load, so I can't access the group chat to ask what the devil is going on with the viewer! As we speak, I'm overly convinced that Firestorm is broken! There are no cache issues on my end. I uninstalled, and then installed again. I even tp'd to a sandbox to ensure login, but no dice. Nothing is working, and I have no clue as to what to do! I'm literally locked out of Firestorm!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   Have you tried to log in with the SL viewer to see whether that works?

   If FS is having issues and there are several people having them, I'm sure they'll be fixed soon. You could try an older version meanwhile (assuming the SL viewer works, if not, it might not be the viewer itself). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

Hi. I'm having serious issues with Firestorm at the moment and I'm not quite sure why! For starters, I never have issues with loading, updates or anything involving signing in, so you can imagine my level of frustration at the moment. Now, everything has been running smoothly with the current updated. Then today, a major case of lagging began to kick in, and suddenly Firestorm just stopped working all together. I signed back in only to see the orange poof that appears during rezz...and nothing else. The landscape shows up, but not completely. And now, as of this very moment, I'm not able to sign in at all! I did manage to check the Firestorm group chat and quickly noticed that other people were complaining about performance issues as well. Unfortunately, my viewer refuses to load, so I can't access the group chat to ask what the devil is going on with the viewer! As we speak, I'm overly convinced that Firestorm is broken! There are no cache issues on my end. I uninstalled, and then installed again. I even tp'd to a sandbox to ensure login, but no dice. Nothing is working, and I have no clue as to what to do! I'm literally locked out of Firestorm!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you did the uninstall of Firestorm, did you follow the steps on fs_clean_install [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org) to ensure you were doing a full clean uninstall/install?

Also, have you tried downloading, installing and trying the LL viewer, for confirmation as to whether it's a Firestorm issue or perhaps a connection issue? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

Hi. I'm having serious issues with Firestorm at the moment and I'm not quite sure why! For starters, I never have issues with loading, updates or anything involving signing in, so you can imagine my level of frustration at the moment. Now, everything has been running smoothly with the current updated. Then today, a major case of lagging began to kick in, and suddenly Firestorm just stopped working all together. I signed back in only to see the orange poof that appears during rezz...and nothing else. The landscape shows up, but not completely. And now, as of this very moment, I'm not able to sign in at all! I did manage to check the Firestorm group chat and quickly noticed that other people were complaining about performance issues as well. Unfortunately, my viewer refuses to load, so I can't access the group chat to ask what the devil is going on with the viewer! As we speak, I'm overly convinced that Firestorm is broken! There are no cache issues on my end. I uninstalled, and then installed again. I even tp'd to a sandbox to ensure login, but no dice. Nothing is working, and I have no clue as to what to do! I'm literally locked out of Firestorm!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nope --- If Firestorm was broke, this forum would be flooded with threads from folks.

So, it is something about your Firestorm install and/or your computer and/or your connection.

Verify your re-install was a clean install, via the link that Moira gave.  Do a reboot of your router, modem, and computer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   Have you tried to log in with the SL viewer to see whether that works?

   If FS is having issues and there are several people having them, I'm sure they'll be fixed soon. You could try an older version meanwhile (assuming the SL viewer works, if not, it might not be the viewer itself). 

I don't have the original SL viewer on my laptop. Jeez, I haven't had that viewer in years lol. But I probably should give it a try.

You know, I was thinking the same thing regarding them fixing the viewer. I sure hope it's soon.

And I deleted the recent version that was out shortly after installing of the newer version. I now regret this!

Thanks for your reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

When you did the uninstall of Firestorm, did you follow the steps on fs_clean_install [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org) to ensure you were doing a full clean uninstall/install?

Also, have you tried downloading, installing and trying the LL viewer, for confirmation as to whether it's a Firestorm issue or perhaps a connection issue? 

Yes! I did everything but download the LL viewer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope --- If Firestorm was broke, this forum would be flooded with threads from folks.

So, it is something about your Firestorm install and/or your computer and/or your connection.

Verify your re-install was a clean install, via the link that Moira gave.  Do a reboot of your router, modem, and computer.  

It's not my computer nor my connection, for both are always in perfect order. And as I said before, I never have issues with the viewer, so it's not me, it's Firestorm.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

It's not my computer nor my connection, for both are always in perfect order. And as I said before, I never have issues with the viewer, so it's not me, it's Firestorm.

I have been inworld, logged in using Firestorm, for over an hour now and I'm having no problems.

Like I said -- if it were the viewer in general, then there would be tons of posts here in the forums and in the Firestorm iwnorld group -- but there is not.

So something has gone wrong with either your Firestorm install or your account (have you tried a different account) or your connection.  BTW - just because your connection is fine for everything else on the internet, it doesn't mean your SL connection is fine.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

That's you though! And I tried logging in with the LL viewer and it works. Again, Firestorm is having issues.

 

You are entitled to believe whatever you wish

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

That's you though! And I tried logging in with the LL viewer and it works. Again, Firestorm is having issues.

If you installed the Firestorm update and it was working fine and is suddenly not then it isn't a Firestorm issue unless you have changed a setting, otherwise look for a windows update, graphic card update, LL server issues or any other thing aside from Firestorm.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If you installed the Firestorm update and it was working fine and is suddenly not then it isn't a Firestorm issue unless you have changed a setting, otherwise look for a windows update, graphic card update, LL server issues or any other thing aside from Firestorm.

None of the above pertains to me. It started acting up hours ago, others were saying the same thing, and now, it's fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leah Jhamin said:

None of the above pertains to me. It started acting up hours ago, others were saying the same thing, and now, it's fine. 

So apparently NOT the viewer.  Guess it probably WAS a connection issue since it obviously fixed itself.  Awesome.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it suddenly froze, lagged etc because you opened a group to view notices and suffered from the LL "feature" of notices not being dropped after 14 days - if you open particularly active groups it will have to load every notice sent for about a month and that will freeze the client for several seconds.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

WTH was that? Dutch "country" music?

And a very odd song at that --- here are the translated lyrics (at least, according to Google Translate)

Willem, what big hands you have
A mouth full of celandine teeth
Not a penny in your pocket
Willem, what did you want to do?
I'd just come up with something
Old bag of tobacco
Yeah, get in your car
Just drive somewhere
And just sing it:

Willem, you have to earn something
You're out of gas
Are you not worried about that (no no no)
Willem, then you have to walk further
Or are you drunk again?
And you have no idea, noheeaa

Willem, what kind of sadness are those?
The world is full of songs
Willem come on

Willem, what big hands you have
A mouth full of celandine teeth
Not a penny in your pocket
Willem, what did you want to do?
I'd just come up with something
Old bag of tobacco

Willem, what big hands you have (oh big hands)
A mouth full of golden teeth (hmmm gold teeth)
Not a penny in your pocket (not a single coin in your pocket)
Willem, (yeah, yeah) what big hands you have ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And a very odd song at that --- here are the translated lyrics (at least, according to Google Translate)

Willem, what big hands you have
A mouth full of celandine teeth
Not a penny in your pocket
Willem, what did you want to do?
I'd just come up with something
Old bag of tobacco
Yeah, get in your car
Just drive somewhere
And just sing it:

Willem, you have to earn something
You're out of gas
Are you not worried about that (no no no)
Willem, then you have to walk further
Or are you drunk again?
And you have no idea, noheeaa

Willem, what kind of sadness are those?
The world is full of songs
Willem come on

Willem, what big hands you have
A mouth full of celandine teeth
Not a penny in your pocket
Willem, what did you want to do?
I'd just come up with something
Old bag of tobacco

Willem, what big hands you have (oh big hands)
A mouth full of golden teeth (hmmm gold teeth)
Not a penny in your pocket (not a single coin in your pocket)
Willem, (yeah, yeah) what big hands you have ...

Maybe it makes more sense in Dutch?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

Maybe it makes more sense in Dutch?

lol, no, absolutely not. The translation's pretty much spot on. It looks like they broadcasted this this in the 80s in some medieval theme park, probably the Land van Ooit ('Land of Sometime).

Here's another Dutch song. One that makes a little bit more sense.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 86 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...