You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 84 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a capability that can be used in a HUD or put into an object you sit on.  If you accept the animation request sent by the HUD, or sit on the object, it takes permission to animate you permanently.  The owner of the HUD or object can then animate you without further permission, as long as both of you are in the same region.

You can use Firestorm's "Stop Animations and revoke permissions" command, but the HUD's owner can simply rez or wear a fresh copy of the object and regain permission to animate you.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, cl0udstars said:

Hello someone sent a invite of a "hug" to me and now i kinda under her powers now,she does things to my avy without any invite now or consent,how did  stop it? and its not rlv cause i don't know a thing about it so its probaly off.

If you are using the Singularity viewer the RLV is on by default I believe so you'd have to uncheck it.

29 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There used to be a way to properly release permissions entirely, but LL broke it. (2007, Awaiting Review)

thanks! Shows how much attention I pay to the JIRA. Not since 2007 when it broke 😸

i still issue a 0 permissions request in my scripts. I can delete that now as waste of time. I never thought to check in all this time since as I manage my guests in a list. When delete their uuid from the list on STOP then the console/master script doesn't know about them anymore even tho the child script still does, without a child reset as you say

Edited by Mollymews
typ

So what does 'revoke permissions' do, if it doesn't revoke permissions ..?

So, I experimented on this with my friend last night.

My dance HUD seems to be less problematic than I'd thought -- he can revoke permissions himself using /stop99

With the facial expression HUD, on the other hand, he cannot. The perms he first granted me months ago remain in effect. I wasn't even able to revoke them myself, using 'Clear Target." So, basically, I seem to have perms from him using that HUD in perpetuity, so far as I can see, and even I can't do anything to remove that.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I experimented on this with my friend last night.

My dance HUD seems to be less problematic than I'd thought -- he can revoke permissions himself using /stop99

With the facial expression HUD, on the other hand, he cannot. The perms he first granted me months ago remain in effect. I wasn't even able to revoke them myself, using 'Clear Target." So, basically, I seem to have perms from him using that HUD in perpetuity, so far as I can see, and even I can't do anything to remove that.

That is disturbing.

21 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

That is disturbing.

Yeah, it is. Very.

I was pleased that the dance HUD didn't feature that glitch, as it, in particular, could be used in some pretty nasty ways.

14 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Would blocking the offender stop them from being able to animate your avatar? That is very troubling that someone could have rights to use permissions on someone indefinitely.

Good question. I discussed this last night with my friend, although we didn't try it. Blocking someone doesn't prevent them from seeing you, so I don't know that it would work. I might experiment again with this tonight.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 84 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.