A simple premium question.

Chassie Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Chassie Rowley said:

Will the Lab send me an email reminding that my renewal is due, before taking it from my bank account?

Have to make sure I can cover it or it doesn't come as a surprise.

No - they will send an email saying they took the money and renewed your Premium.

Create yourself some sort of calendar reminder.  Do you have other things that auto pay, but not on a monthly basis?  If so, how do you remember about them?  I know that not all of mine give me reminders beforehand.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

They won't take it directly from your bank account, they will bill the card (or your PayPal or Skrill account) that you designated as your payment method. This is an automatic renewal, and you won't get a notice in advance. You can, however, always see your next billing date in your account summary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They won't take it directly from your bank account, they will bill the card (or your PayPal or Skrill account) that you designated as your payment method. This is an automatic renewal, and you won't get a notice in advance. You can, however, always see your next billing date in your account summary.

I know you've mentioned a few times about bank/debit cards not working for SL.  Since I've started SL back in 2009, I've always used my MasterCard bank card that is for my checking account.  It's worked through 2 name changes for my bank and also my new bank.  It seems that as long as your bank card for your checking has a master card or visa link, it should work.  At least it always has for me.

Visa and MasterCard debit cards are accepted anywhere with the Visa and MasterCard logo.  

It's basically the same as tying to a PayPal account.  It can't take money if no money is in your account.  It's not the same as a prepaid debit card.

Edited by RowanMinx

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No - they will send an email saying they took the money and renewed your Premium.

Do you have other things that auto pay, but not on a monthly basis?  If so, how do you remember about them?  I know that not all of mine give me reminders beforehand.

In an answer, no. I did monthly auto pay at one time and it was a bear to stop. Only company that gives me a heads up is CenturyLink (Ironically the monthly auto pay company). Now they just email me a love note "you owe us $XX, where is it?".

I'll have the funds on my Mastercard debit, no problem.

Thank you all for the input.

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Did not know that. I'll take a peek.

Thanks Lindal.

Edit: Not due until May. For some reason, I thought it closer.

Edited by Chassie Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.