eyeblink acting weird

WineOtter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an unlooped eyeblink animation. A simple script starts it every few seconds with a timer(). I notice that sometimes it plays twice in quick succession or doesn't run to the end and leaves me squinting. This is the only script calling anything that moves my eyelids, and I'm pretty sure it happens with my AO off. I even tried marking about 3/4 of it as Ease Out and that didn't change anything. Does anyone know what's going on or how to fix this?

Edited by WineOtter

10 hours ago, WineOtter said:

I have an unlooped eyeblink animation. A simple script starts it every few seconds with a timer(). I notice that sometimes it plays twice in quick succession or doesn't run to the end and leaves me squinting. This is the only script calling anything that moves my eyelids, and I'm pretty sure it happens with my AO off. I even tried marking about 3/4 of it as Ease Out and that didn't change anything. Does anyone know what's going on or how to fix this?

Sure, make it loop and instead of firing it on a timer, make a longer animation with few blinks here and there and a longer wait time split between beginning and end of the animation. Just play it once, and only fire a change via script for the animation to change, when you feel like to have different timings between a blink and the next

ETA: If you really want to go with your timer based approach, make sure to have another animation running at a lower priority all the time, in which the eyelids are always open. Eyelids joints do not have another animation to ease over, so they stop at the last pose they were in, therefore you must provide a base animation so that the eyelids keep moving along with something, there is no autoreset for joints in the SL animation system

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.