Actanon Avatar-Help needed.

KanzulR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Fam,

Have an awesome 2021-Year of Vaccines.

And also covid 20.

Im Kan Zul,and im like 5 years in SL,but am active only like for 6 months.

So i have a lot of questions and doubts.

I was wondering which is the best male AV out there,had a topic about that in the forums,and my great fam helped me out with all the complete details and referrals.

Thank you so much.

But,i have been a fan of Actanon for long,

And even though my fam said it has some issues regarding clothes and etc,

I still want to know more before i skip it for something else.

So any actanon users,

Plz lemme know how it is,

How is its clothing support and etc.

Thank you.

Sounds like you're really dead set on getting the Actanon.  Many people had spoken up in the reviews of the demo and full version product regarding clothing support or lack thereof.  If you want to see for yourself, pick up the body demo along with some demos of clothes rigged for common brands such as Aesthetic, Belleza, Signature, and Slink to see exactly how well they'll fit with the body you're considering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the thing, if you really really really have your heart set on that body then you can probably make it work. You won't find clothes specifically for it, but you might find clothes that you can alpha out parts and make work. It will be a chore I am not going to lie. I had not heard of it and had to google it and it reminds me a lot of another body. It looks very muscular like the Tellaq bodies. You might be able to use clothes made for that body on the body you like. That might work or it might not. I don't think there are an over abundance of clothes for that body either. 

A lot of shirts and full length pants might be workable with the right alphas. Underwear, shorts and swimwear would be a big challenge. 

I would take the suggestions offered here and demo the body and then go to the Marketplace and get some clothes demos and see if you can make it work. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

it reminds me a lot of another body. It looks very muscular like the Tellaq bodies.

The reason for that is that it is a body by Tellaq. And the older Tellaq bodies had the same issue: proprietary when it came to skins and clothing. You're mostly limited to buying whatever is available at the Tellaq store.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

The reason for that is that it is a body by Tellaq. And the older Tellaq bodies had the same issue: proprietary when it came to skins and clothing. You're mostly limited to buying whatever is available at the Tellaq store.

Well that explains why they look alike to me. lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

Best thing for you to do since you won't listen to others lol.. is to go on the marketplace and do a search for Actanon under Apparel. See what comes up.

Sometimes its hard to skip favourites until i really hate em.

I really appreciate and listen to everyone who helps.

❤❤❤

17 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

grafik.png.a52cb6665996e431cb1b3a22bf03a44f.png

vs.

grafik.png.2ca9d805613d17aed88b767e5ef21130.png

So basically: "please check the marketplace for me to try and convince me that my undying love for a niche product needs better justification".

Lolz.

I have asked Actanon users to say their opinions.

How they have felt.

Never mentioned everyone needs to hit the market place and lemme know.

Lolz.

Some people deserve trumbiden.

6 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Here is the thing, if you really really really have your heart set on that body then you can probably make it work. You won't find clothes specifically for it, but you might find clothes that you can alpha out parts and make work. It will be a chore I am not going to lie. I had not heard of it and had to google it and it reminds me a lot of another body. It looks very muscular like the Tellaq bodies. You might be able to use clothes made for that body on the body you like. That might work or it might not. I don't think there are an over abundance of clothes for that body either. 

A lot of shirts and full length pants might be workable with the right alphas. Underwear, shorts and swimwear would be a big challenge. 

I would take the suggestions offered here and demo the body and then go to the Marketplace and get some clothes demos and see if you can make it work. Good luck!

Thank you so much.❤❤❤

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KanzulR said:

Lolz.

How they have felt.

Lolz.

But people aren't Actanon users for a reason.  That, in and of itself, should tell you a lot.  Most men seem to use the bodies that are best supported for clothing as@Skell Daggerpointed out.  If anyone would know, it would be him.  Legacy, Signature, Slink and Belleza.  In that order, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RowanMinx said:

But people aren't Actanon users for a reason.  That, in and of itself, should tell you a lot.  Most men seem to use the bodies that are best supported for clothing as@Skell Daggerpointed out.  If anyone would know, it would be him.  Legacy, Signature, Slink and Belleza.  In that order, in my opinion.

Oh...

That part is new.

Thank you so much.❤❤👍👍

It's a blogger that's using more muscular bodies. They may be more to your taste. He is not using Actanon at all. You can take a look, and see if you like this style. I think he sell shapes too.

In his blog you may also find full frontal nudity, leather, latex and reviews of different male ***** brands. You should know in case you are offended of it.

Here, in this post, he keeps his shorts on 😉. https://billybeaverhausen.com/2020/11/13/lelutka-heads-2-5/

But you can see how muscular he got Legacy muscular meshbody. This version of the Legacy has more defined abs, but creators has not made much for it. You can wear most Legacy clothes with it, that is a big plus. But tight, small underwear will not fit.

I think part of why you like Actanon, is that you are impressed by the pictures on Marketplace. The picture also shows another head you have to buy from another store, to get the same look. You can turn on shine on other bodies, to get that oiled look, if that's what you like. Have you even tried the Actanon body on and seen how it looks on your screen?

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Legacy, Signature, Slink and Belleza.  In that order, in my opinion.

... You put Legacy on the wrong end. I'd sooner go back to wearing a system body than wearing that piece of trash. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KanzulR said:

And even more deserve to be slapped around the block. Repeatedly. Dipped in honey and chased by bees and bears.

Anyway, the reaction proves the point: franatically applauding the only post saying "go for your beloved body" and trying to mock others saying otherwise.

10 hours ago, RowanMinx said:
11 hours ago, Orwar said:

... You put Legacy on the wrong end. I'd sooner go back to wearing a system body than wearing that piece of trash. 

I may not always be right but I am never wrong.

Addendum: I'm unable to edit this to include the correct quote now, but I tender my apologies that I quoted the wrong two responses, above. My intention was to quote this pair of nested comments. It was not my intention to suggest that Rowan's "I may not always be right but I am never wrong" was a personal opinion!

Personal opinions, both.

When giving avatar customisation advice, I strive always for as much impartiality as I can muster - to the point where I have to bite my tongue when I see people trashing the brand that I work for in a manner that infers that the products within that brand don't even work properly. I think that everyone in this forum has seen how I don't shy away from helping those with other brands of mesh head (including those that many [for some ridiculous reason] see as 'rivals' to the brand that I work for).

In short: unless a product itself is absolutely unworkable, or has a specific flaw or issue (case in point: the complete lack of clothing support for the body being asked about in this thread) then I consider its merits and recommend or advise - according to the person's requirements and wishes - based on those merits.

The Legacy body itself is not a piece of trash. It:

• looks great
  • is perfectly functional
  • is regularly updated
  • has full BoM functionality
  • has an active support group
  • supports both the new Universal Neck and the older neck options
  • has wide clothing and skin etc support within the creator community

Are there downsides to it? Of course. It:

• makes use of media for its HUD, which can be problematic for some
  • has a higher complexity than other brands
  • costs more than other brands
  • has a chequered history

And that last point is where most of this opprobrium for Legacy arises: its history.

I was long one of TMP's most vocal critics. I have written at length - both on this forum and on my blog - about my thoughts regarding The Mesh Project and their particular business practices that led to me actively advising against purchasing from them. I have also written at length about why I decided to give Legacy a second chance, despite the brand arising from the same stable as TMP.

Many (if not most) of those who now wear Genus heads have forgotten (or perhaps they never knew) the history of how Genus came to be. Much of it is now obscured in the mists of long-abandoned/deleted blogs and websites (and in all honesty it was all pretty murky even back then), but from what I gathered at the time it came about in a similar manner: with a split (which seemed pretty acrimonious) from an older brand. Granted, that older brand (still around but never really spoken of these days) had nowhere near the amount of issues that TMP did, but the circumstances of Genus arising are somewhat similar to Legacy: a sole part of an old team striking out on their own to create a new brand. The team behind Legacy are not the same team that was behind TMP. They have the files for the old TMP bodies (which they finally updated to Bento and BoM and then released as a permanent gift) and they have the land, but they're not the same team.

I will continue to list Legacy as an option whenever someone has a question where a recommendation of them would be relevant, just as I continue to list Aesthetic (with mention of a couple of side notes to be aware of) as an option where a recommendation of that brand would be relevant, despite the community's (and my own) general opinion of Aesthetic in terms of looks.

14 hours ago, KanzulR said:

You specifically asked -

On 1/18/2021 at 3:48 AM, KanzulR said:

How is its clothing support and etc

- and I gave you that specific answer, by going to Marketplace and showing you what the clothing support was like. The reason why Actanon users didn't flock to reply to you is that there simply are not many people using that body, and clearly they don't visit this forum.

14 hours ago, KanzulR said:

As a Brit I am... blessed with Boris. But thank you for the thought.

Edited by Skell Dagger
See addendum at the start of the post.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I strive always for as much impartiality as I can muster

I'm partial to partiality. 

What constitutes trash is entirely subjective. Spending the vast majority of my in-world time at a sky-platform doing photos, a body that breaks apart at an altitude is not attractive (Maitreya's 5.0 release had that on one spot on the calf, it was promptly fixed before I even noticed it was there), and also being extremely judgmental of people's meshes (a certain, very popular brand of home decor and furniture ticked me off endlessly when I discovered how many triangles they had used for a slice of lemon in a tea cup, especially since I don't much care to have lemon slices in my tea!), and generally prone to being peeved (the media HUD on the Legacy demo I had to use to activate BOM just about had me ready to chuck my monitor through the wall) - Legacy pushes all kinds of the wrong buttons with me.

But then, as they say, some people's trash are some people's treasure - I mean there's even people listening to jazz, hip hop, and rap!*

*or at least so I suspect based on how that sort of cacophony continues to be produced, and how its creators don't appear to die of starvation! And they even have the audacity to call it 'music'!

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

What constitutes trash is entirely subjective.

Indeed it is. No disagreement from me there. What I do disagree with is the label of "trash" applied as a broad spectrum without considering that the person being addressed may possibly be willing to overlook the issues that you (or I) might consider "trash", or that they may not experience some of them at all. (Example: I have no problems with the media part of the Legacy HUD. It works faultlessly for me, whereas you say that it had you ready to throw your monitor at the wall. I really have to work at understanding the slider response on Lelutka heads because I'm so used to the way that Catwa heads respond to the same sliders, but habitual Lelutka users would probably have the opposite problem. Horses for courses!)

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Spending the vast majority of my in-world time at a sky-platform doing photos, a body that breaks apart at an altitude is not attractive

And here we come back to the "according to the person's requirements and wishes" part of my post. Yours (taking hi-res photos above 1000m altitude) will be different to someone else's (possibly just looking good for picking up the ladies on a ground-level beach, or what-have-you). I find it no hassle to spend 30 seconds cloning out a hairline crack that may appear near my armpit if I'm taking a fashion shot above 1000m inworld, and - as you've already stated elsewhere - you can sometimes spend ages in post, fixing the alpha layers on your mesh beard for a photo. While you might (and clearly do!) find that necessity annoying, you still do it for the sake of the image, and I've done similar things in the past with tattoo layers on the V-Tech add-on. What each individual is prepared to tolerate in order to get the look (or the shot) they want will vary wildly.

(In addition, the elevation seams were fixed for the pregnancy and original female bodies in the 1.3 update toward the end of last year, and will shortly be fixed for the male and 'Perky' bodies. Yes, it's taken longer than it took Maitreya/ Reasons why? No idea, but it's known and is being worked on and fixed.)

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

and also being extremely judgmental of people's meshes (a certain, very popular brand of home decor and furniture ticked me off endlessly when I discovered how many triangles they had used for a slice of lemon in a tea cup, especially since I don't much care to have lemon slices in my tea!), and generally prone to being peeved

This, again, is entirely subject to one's own personal taste. The vast majority of users in SL don't know about and don't care about complexity. Working as closely as I do with so many of them, by far the vast majority (we're talking the high 90s in percentage) just want to look good, and they're not even remotely interested in "all that techy stuff". (Hell, a lot of them aren't even interested in the "techy stuff" that comprises the rather essential HUDs that come with their heads and bodies, so expecting them to care about tris and vertices is like expecting you to start your own Justin Beiber tribute act! ;))

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Legacy pushes all kinds of the wrong buttons with me.

Understood. I get why - for some - it's a choice they absolutely refuse to countenance. But for others it fits exactly what they're looking for.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

(In addition, the elevation seams were fixed for the pregnancy and original female bodies in the 1.3 update toward the end of last year, and will shortly be fixed for the male and 'Perky' bodies. Yes, it's taken longer than it took Maitreya/ Reasons why? No idea, but it's known and is being worked on and fixed.)

Actually the Perky body was the first one to be fixed back in July (along with the more muscular male body I believe).  For some reason I was under the impression that the other bodies had already been updated too, but looking at their update log they only mention changes from back in August. I know for sure the regular Legacy for women was definitely updated. Not sure why their logs on the mesh body website doesn't reflect that.  I will say there have even been more recent updates from back in the fall for the women's bodies. They remodeled the breasts and neck. The version I use is 1.3.3.

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
more info

4 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

For some reason I was under the impression that the other bodies had already been updated too, but looking at their update log they only mention changes from back in August. I know for sure the regular Legacy for women was definitely updated. Not sure why their logs on the mesh body website doesn't reflect that.

Good to know, thank you. On that point, then, I will give Legacy a slap on the wrist. Keeping on top of your update logs is crucial for a mesh head or body developer, if for nothing else than to help your support people and give them something to point customers to (and to consult themselves, depending on how heavily the support people are involved at the development stage of new items and/or updates).

Another thing I will pull Legacy up on: their florid prose in those updates. Seriously, keep it brief and snappy! An update log should simply list the changes, not read like a wannabe Wordsworth daffodil-picking afternoon in the countryside.

Signature update log example:

• Updated - neck normals for seamless head junction
  • Updated - reduced the neck/shoulders thickness
  • Fixed - small fixes and improvements

Maitreya update log example:

• Changes and fixes V5.1
  • The Alpha page on the HUD has 5 save slots for quick alpha saving (for people who only want to save alpha this is quicker and easier than using the save stick).
  • The Misc page on the HUD has a "New Save Stick" button that sends a new, blank Save Stick to the object folder.
  • Added info given by save stick when rezzed.

Catwa update log example:

• Female HDPRO [HEAD v1.3] Update 27th Sept 2020:
  • BOM Pack: Added Brows, and some cheeks tattoos.
  • Head Updated to v1.3:
  • Rig [Chin slider] Glitch Fixed.

Aaaand Legacy update log example:

• Goodbye Seams!
  • Elevate seamlessly to new heights with no seams in sight! While the natural Second Life physics limitations will cause turbulence and glitches on any worn mesh the higher you go, especially with visible on heads, we've been able to keep Legacy's advanced Alpha Cuts, while maximizing the connectivity of each intricate point to fight against this physical limitation. The power & combination of these Advanced Alpha Cuts, unparalleled 5 Advanced Applier Layers, & point precision control, can now be enjoyed seamlessly, exclusively for Legacy body owners. Delight at the sky's height of your choice, without second thought.

That could easily have been summarised as "Fixed: Seams occurring in the body above 1000m elevation", but I guess that doesn't have the same kind of sales pitch... 9_9

• Like 3

On 1/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, KanzulR said:

Lolz.

How they have felt.

Lolz.

I had never heard of it but I do not use a man's body as I am only female in SL, so I looked it up on Marketplace.  But, that body and those skins have a lot of character and are very artistic, imo.  So, use it for all the endless nude beaches there are is my best opinion or porn flicks.  If you are not a nudist in SL nor make porn flicks, it's not worth anything to you.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.