Linden homes and Nudity

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

In the Bellisseria main chat. I was told that it is rated moderate and that Patch told them they could be naked wherever they wanted to be.  OH yeah and that why am in SL if I don't like stuff like that among other things.

As far as I'm aware, public nudity in any Moderate region, including Bellisseria, is allowed. But...

15 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Well that was my point but I was told I didn't need to ask. :)

...some people in Bellisseria host events in their own homes, or in the Bellisseria Fairgrounds. Those events may have different rules; the hosts or home owners may not want people to be naked at their events. They are perfectly within their rights to ask for people to be dressed, and eject you from the event if you don't comply.

So if you're attending an organised event within Bellisseria you really ought to ask. But if you're just walking around or sailing or hanging out at a public pool or whatever, then no you wouldn't have to ask there.

There is even a "Bellisseria Nudists" group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:
16 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Gives me an idea for a new forum topic:  When Did You Last See A Bellesarian Nudist Bum?

😁

It took me a while to get the joke.  I was wondering what vagrants have to do with this until I realized bum has a different meaning in the UK. 😆🤣

• Haha 5

We have been told by the mouse and other moles, and you can search it here too, that nudity is allowed. We did NOT tell you to go running around naked just to troll folks. We're referring to folks who like to sun nude, or hike nude or even sail nude. We said you have the ability to be naked, we NEVER said that you should do so just to try to get a rile out of someone. 

We're also well marked as a social group, not LL related. 

You'll also notice at just about every event in Belli, there are no nude people. While we have the ability to be nude, we also respect our neighbors. So do not twist what we said just to stir the pot over here. 

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, hetaera4k said:

can I be naked and  do stuff anywhere on my property, e.g. my deck?

You can't do any sex stuff outdoors without ensuring that your parcel is set for privacy, so that those outside your parcel cannot see you.

Otherwise, yes you can be naked outside on your property.  

• Like 3

• Moles
3 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

We have been told by the mouse and other moles, and you can search it here too, that nudity is allowed. We did NOT tell you to go running around naked just to troll folks. We're referring to folks who like to sun nude, or hike nude or even sail nude. We said you have the ability to be naked, we NEVER said that you should do so just to try to get a rile out of someone. 

We're also well marked as a social group, not LL related. 

You'll also notice at just about every event in Belli, there are no nude people. While we have the ability to be nude, we also respect our neighbors. So do not twist what we said just to stir the pot over here. 

Gingir hit on the most important point. Context is everything. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well, it's winter, so I do wear a bit of clothes.  But as soon as spring comes, I'm fully naked at home.  I don't see what the big deal is being naked in my own home.  It's not like any of you can see me.  My camera is turned off.

LOL, reminds me of my son when he was around 2...he thought if he covered his eyes and couldn't see us, then we couldn't see him also :P

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

While my boyfriend and I do enjoy casual nudity at our houseboat in Bellisseria, as well as the few respectable non sexual beaches in Second life. We always have our privacy turned on so as not to offend. If you jump in and see our bare butts before security boots you it's on you. Also we would never attend an event at Bellisseria in the nude, unless it was specifically labeled as nude or clothing optional. We have hosted skinny dip parties at our houseboat, but again privacy turned on, and all nude guest must remain within our property line

• Like 2

Just like in RL, being around a location where you could be exposed to nudity, you wouldn't necessarily assume you may run around naked yourself. Or are you going into a red light district and expect that people are okay with it if you hopped around naked in the streets just because adult activities happen around the area? In conclusion: Not sure if serious, or just trying to provoke. :D 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.