Linden homes and Nudity

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would think it would be more considerate to determine whether nudity is welcome at any particular event before assuming that you can be nude in "any event". Maybe some folks won't welcome a streaker at their wedding, for instance.

Of course, any of us that don't want to see your nekkid ass can just derender you (with possible exception of users of the official SL viewer). :) 

• Like 11

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I would think it would be more considerate to determine whether nudity is welcome at any particular event before assuming that you can be nude in "any event". Maybe some folks won't welcome a streaker at their wedding, for instance.

Of course, any of us that don't want to see your nekkid ass can just derender you (with possible exception of users of the official SL viewer). :) 

Well that was my point but I was told I didn't need to ask. :)

37 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Ok, cool....so any event that is held on Bellisseria I can be nude in? Thanks guys!

I wouldn't go THAT far.  There are some things and places where it is not appropriate to be nude. You're generally ok around your house but be considerate of others at events and such.

• Like 4

All regions in Bellisseria are rated Moderate, not Adult.  Here is LL's guidance on nudity, from the Adult FAQ on SL's wiki.

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

So while you shouldn't get Abuse Reported for nudity, it is not the norm in Bellisseria, or indeed on nearly all Moderate-rated mainland.  So you will likely get some objections.  Fyi, the moles have not yet provided any "nude beaches", tho that would be interesting.

A private estate example is the naturist estate of Eden, all regions are Moderate rated.  Nudity is expected, but public sexual activity is not permitted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

In the Bellisseria main chat. I was told that it is rated moderate and that Patch told them they could be naked wherever they wanted to be.  OH yeah and that why am in SL if I don't like stuff like that among other things.

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

In the Bellisseria main chat. I was told that it is rated moderate and that Patch told them they could be naked wherever they wanted to be.  OH yeah and that why am in SL if I don't like stuff like that among other things.

I'm talking about simple courtesy, not what will or will not get you AR'd. My suggestion was that you inquire whether nudity is welcome at the event in question, rather than just going in your birthday suit and saying "group chat said it was OK'. The safest way is to be considerate about it, because I guarantee some people at some events will not want to see it.

• Like 13

It's really pretty simple: understand the Adult FAQ. And maybe get to know the tone and flavor of various community events that crop up and use common sense about what seems appropriate in one community situation or another. Casual nudity out and around your house? Sure, nobody's going to bat an eye at that. Walking cold into a community dance fully naked? Would you do that in any town or any community even in very progressive, permissive cultures? Probably not. Get to know the local community culture and you can find your way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ok, I should probably have presented this a bit different. I was in the Bellesseria chat room and someone said that nudity was okay anywhere in Bellesseria as long as sexual activity wasn't going on or people weren't walking around with erect parts.  What I said was I highly doubt that it's ok just to walk around anywhere nude just because the sim is labeled a moderate sim.  I was immediately attacked and they said yes, you can...Patch even confirmed that we could be naked anywhere if we wanted to. OH, I see that group Bellesseria Citizen's is not a linden group. I thought that was an official Linden run group.. That explains it.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Ok, I should probably have presented this a bit different. I was in the Bellesseria chat room and someone said that nudity was okay anywhere in Bellesseria as long as sexual activity wasn't going on or people were walking around with erect parts.  What I said was I highly doubt that it's ok just to walk around anywhere nude just because the sim is labeled a moderate sim.  I was immediately attacked and they said yes, you can...Patch even confirmed that we could be naked anywhere if we wanted to. OH, I see that group Bellesseria Citizen's is not a linden group. I thought that was an official Linden run group.. That explains it.

A lot of us do walk/drive/horseride/sail in and around our property and neighborhood in various states of casual nudity. But you hardly bump directly into anyone that way so...

Edited by Devin Heartsong
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

yes, you can...Patch even confirmed that we could be naked anywhere if we wanted to.

it's not AR'ble but doesnt mean when you cán, you háve to. Do at home what you want... and no matter what rating, if you slap it in my face you'll be banned, blocked and derendered on my home/region (even when it's adult) :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

• Moles

Yeah, if we had a nickel for every time we heard some say "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Patch say..." and we scratch our head and go "Um... that's actually not what he said."

My advice is to give less credence to what anyone says someone else said and refer to official sources in writing; either in the wiki, the LH covenant, or an actual post in the forums from Patch himself. I know this topic has been discussed before, so it's probably worth doing a search to get it from the mouse's mouth. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

Within reason, no actively erect parts is to be displayed. While nudity is acceptable, adult activities still must be done behind closed doors and windows and privacy must be turned on, or take it to the sky.

Do females have to be flaccid too, or just males?

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.