Skill Gaming Regions

naughtycoquette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I meet ALL the necessary criteria to visit Skill Gaming Regions and yet, I still cannot enter these Regions.

• Have current billing information on file
  • Have an active payment method on file
  • Are at least 19 years of age
  • Do not reside in a prohibited state listed below
  • Are not connecting from a prohibited state

I was prompted to visit http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_FAQ which I did and followed the instructions below. But still wasn't able to enter any Skill Gaming Regions.

Note: If you believe you meet all requirements for access, but are still unable to enter a Skill Gaming Region, please try resubmitting your current billing information and re-logging into Second Life as a first step toward troubleshooting.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this?

Thanks,

naughtycoquette resident

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, naughtycoquette said:

I meet ALL the necessary criteria to visit Skill Gaming Regions and yet, I still cannot enter these Regions.

• Have current billing information on file
  • Have an active payment method on file
  • Are at least 19 years of age
  • Do not reside in a prohibited state listed below
  • Are not connecting from a prohibited state

I was prompted to visit http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_FAQ which I did and followed the instructions below. But still wasn't able to enter any Skill Gaming Regions.

Note: If you believe you meet all requirements for access, but are still unable to enter a Skill Gaming Region, please try resubmitting your current billing information and re-logging into Second Life as a first step toward troubleshooting.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this?

Thanks,

naughtycoquette resident

Have you contacted Support?  Link at the bottom of this page under Connect With Us

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Are you connecting through a VPN? If so, the VPN server could be in a "prohibited state". Change servers, or disable your VPN

people really should not use vpn's with SL,   the great firewall, getting around it is one thing, but on normal use,  SL is really not going to play well with many vpns.

10 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

How come?

having done testing with several big name vpn's,  just with SL,  because I'm a nerd, I can say this,  routing, it's all about routing, even the local guys in the states, I can connect too, still route outward and back in adding to many hops and SL is not happy with to many hops,  the ms/ping along when above 300 is where most of the issues people see come in, at that point they are dropping packets, then ontop of hardware choice, we know how people like to slam 10 year old hardware at SL and try to run it with all the things, adds more hiccups and will drive their ping up because of physical bottle necks,   if we can help them eliminate one source we should.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bigmoe Whitfield said:

having done testing with several big name vpn's,  just with SL,  because I'm a nerd, I can say this,  routing, it's all about routing, even the local guys in the states, I can connect too, still route outward and back in adding to many hops and SL is not happy with to many hops,  the ms/ping along when above 300 is where most of the issues people see come in, at that point they are dropping packets, then ontop of hardware choice, we know how people like to slam 10 year old hardware at SL and try to run it with all the things, adds more hiccups and will drive their ping up because of physical bottle necks,   if we can help them eliminate one source we should.

just to add,  trying to get around a legal block so they can gamble is bad for the lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.