Jump to content

About to buy a house 1st time.need help


KanzulR
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello Fam,

Iv been in SL for like 5 years,

But wasnt active except for like 6 months.

So im full of questions and thanks to everyone who helps me with the answers.

I currently have a question,

I came across a fully furnished normal house for like 1500L in the market

(after one of my friends bought it).

I think its kool,so thought to buy it.

But before that.

 

I have some doubts.

 

Can anyone plz help?

 

1-if i pay and buy the house,what are the other charges i wouldve to keep paying until i own it?

Like-do i need to pay an amount every week for the land or prims?

 

Or is it a one time payment?

 

And then im all kool?

 

Plz help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will need to have land to put the house on - either purchased land or rented land.  You didn't say whether your were premium or not - if you are not premium you would need to rent land.  Land is usually rented out with a per week cost - the actual amount per week may vary from one land owner to another, and varies on the size of the parcel. 

If you are a premium member, instead of renting you could buy a mainland parcel - which vary pretty wildly in the one-time up-front purchase cost, and then depending on the size of the parcel, you may or may not have a monthly 'tier' charge from Linden Lab. 

Two very important factors - the size of the house, and the LI (land impact) of the house.  You will need a parcel that is large enough for the house to fit in, plus you will need a parcel large enough to have a land impact capacity* that is greater than that of the house.  For example, if the LI needed by the house is 200, you would want a parcel that has at least 250 or more LI available - I say "or more" because you may want to change some of the furnishings the house comes with, or add additional furnishings, or do some landscaping around the house on the parcel - all of which could increase the amount of LI you will need available.  

*The amount of LI available is tied to the size of the parcel, so a 512 sqm parcel will have 175 LI available, a 1024 sqm parcel will have 351 LI available, and so on.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Kanzul, a house is like another inventory item you purchase, you only pay that one time cost, but to use a house , i.e. rez it and live in it, you require to own or rent land, which will have a weekly cost for you depending on the size, location, and land available land impact, it could be as small of something like 200L per week to 5000L or more, for big parcels.

When I first wanted to get land, this article was very helpful from the knowledgebase: 

You probably could rent a small parcel on a private region. In world, search for places for rent, and also check some well-known real estate agents which usually have websites with a listing and a teleport link to their available lands.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, MoiraKathleen said:

You will need to have land to put the house on - either purchased land or rented land.  You didn't say whether your were premium or not - if you are not premium you would need to rent land.  Land is usually rented out with a per week cost - the actual amount per week may vary from one land owner to another, and varies on the size of the parcel. 

If you are a premium member, instead of renting you could buy a mainland parcel - which vary pretty wildly in the one-time up-front purchase cost, and then depending on the size of the parcel, you may or may not have a monthly 'tier' charge from Linden Lab. 

Two very important factors - the size of the house, and the LI (land impact) of the house.  You will need a parcel that is large enough for the house to fit in, plus you will need a parcel large enough to have a land impact capacity* that is greater than that of the house.  For example, if the LI needed by the house is 200, you would want a parcel that has at least 250 or more LI available - I say "or more" because you may want to change some of the furnishings the house comes with, or add additional furnishings, or do some landscaping around the house on the parcel - all of which could increase the amount of LI you will need available.  

*The amount of LI available is tied to the size of the parcel, so a 512 sqm parcel will have 175 LI available, a 1024 sqm parcel will have 351 LI available, and so on.

 Thank you so much for helping out.

 

Yeah,im not premium.

 

So i think i need land for rent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, Birdie Ravenhurst said:

Hi Kanzul, a house is like another inventory item you purchase, you only pay that one time cost, but to use a house , i.e. rez it and live in it, you require to own or rent land, which will have a weekly cost for you depending on the size, location, and land available land impact, it could be as small of something like 200L per week to 5000L or more, for big parcels.

When I first wanted to get land, this article was very helpful from the knowledgebase: 

You probably could rent a small parcel on a private region. In world, search for places for rent, and also check some well-known real estate agents which usually have websites with a listing and a teleport link to their available lands.

 

Thank you so much birdie.

So even if i dont have a land,i can buy a house and keep it without rezzing it when it goes cheap na?

So i can rez and use it later when i have a land or rent one.

 

😊👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, MoiraKathleen said:

You will need to have land to put the house on - either purchased land or rented land.  You didn't say whether your were premium or not - if you are not premium you would need to rent land.  Land is usually rented out with a per week cost - the actual amount per week may vary from one land owner to another, and varies on the size of the parcel. 

If you are a premium member, instead of renting you could buy a mainland parcel - which vary pretty wildly in the one-time up-front purchase cost, and then depending on the size of the parcel, you may or may not have a monthly 'tier' charge from Linden Lab. 

Two very important factors - the size of the house, and the LI (land impact) of the house.  You will need a parcel that is large enough for the house to fit in, plus you will need a parcel large enough to have a land impact capacity* that is greater than that of the house.  For example, if the LI needed by the house is 200, you would want a parcel that has at least 250 or more LI available - I say "or more" because you may want to change some of the furnishings the house comes with, or add additional furnishings, or do some landscaping around the house on the parcel - all of which could increase the amount of LI you will need available.  

*The amount of LI available is tied to the size of the parcel, so a 512 sqm parcel will have 175 LI available, a 1024 sqm parcel will have 351 LI available, and so on.

And for the LI part.

 

I never knew about that.😊❤❤

 

Il consider them when going for a land soon.

 

Btw,premium members own lands na?

 

How big qre they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KanzulR said:

Thank you so much.

 

And with premium i can buy lands,

And without premium i can rent only na?

As a premium member, you can purchase mainland.  You can purchase up to 1024 without having to pay additional tier fees.  Your only cost would be the price of the parcel as well as your premium membership.  Premium membership also gives you a 300L per week stipend (payment to you).  https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

Without premium, you can rent mainland, any size or rent from another resident on a private estate.  That is normally paid weekly although some companies give discounts when paying monthly.  I've always rented from the same company who has been in business for years.  Just for reference https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/73097

There are several long standing rental businesses in SL.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

As a premium member, you can purchase mainland.  You can purchase up to 1024 without having to pay additional tier fees.  Your only cost would be the price of the parcel as well as your premium membership.  Premium membership also gives you a 300L per week stipend (payment to you).  https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

Without premium, you can rent mainland, any size or rent from another resident on a private estate.  That is normally paid weekly although some companies give discounts when paying monthly.  I've always rented from the same company who has been in business for years.  Just for reference https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/73097

There are several long standing rental businesses in SL.

Thank you so much minx.❤❤❤

 

Now i get a better picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...