A hangout place where people can also rp at...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey rpers and all,

I have been a para rper for years and a lover of writing in general, but recently finding myself un-inspired and unable to connect to the general concept of rp that's going on in most long lasting rp places.

So I thought to open up a conversation and see if anyone has experienced similar difficulties and if and how they overcame it.

Also for a while I have been struggling about what to do with my private island, that I originally bought to create an rp place. I started building and I enjoyed it so much that i just kept building and changing and scrapping and building again.

Now that I am starting to feel happier about how the place is turning out, I really like to open it up to other residents and share it with people, I have this vague idea of making it as a general hangout place but also with a little lore and backstory that encourages people to rp, it may spark some nice storylines that is inspiring but also laid-back and myself and others could enjoy that. Of course it sounds like a good idea to me, but I really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Does anyone like the idea of a hangout place that they also can roleplay at, without being restricted to time and theme and a whole lot of rules or do you prefer to have a strict framework and definite and defined rules to get you going?

P.S. My idea of the lore is that it is a place created and protected by magic, that you get there through accidental portals due to loopholes. So basically you could be from present, past or future in a place of 'no time and location' that doesn't really have a way out but it has a certain draw that makes you want to make it your home, because apart from the magic of the island, no other magic works there, which could be a blessing or a curse depending on who you are. And of course you may have ties to the world outside that makes you desperate for wanting to find a way out.

P.S.S. As for a casual hangout, I am a fan of dancing and music in second life, too, so I like to throw some live music events from time to time and have a couple of spots that people can just listen to music, sit and chill or dance and may want to take a few pictures along the way.

Also here are a few raw snapshots of the work in progress, to give you a better idea.

raven raw shot_001.png

raven raw shot2_001.png

raven raw shot3_001.png

• Like 5
On 1/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, Birdie Ravenhurst said:

@KanzulR

Thanks Kanzul xx :) I probably wrote too much there.

I am still working on the build and landscaping. I'll post a link or send you one, when it's all ready.

Welcome always birdie...

Nope.

Not at all.

You had written it putting all your thoughts in it,which is kool.😊👍

Oh...okay.

Good luck with the task.

And hope we can visit it soon.

• Like 2
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.