oldest active member

Reahastar Kitty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, Candide LeMay said:

I think@Cristiano Midnight is one of the oldest farts still running around (with a walker ;-))

TOTALLY not fair. Cris keeps himself in shape! Stylishly!! (That's him in the flattering blue top, patterned exercise pants, and DayGlo wrist bands.)

/me swoons.

marcel's friday night

• Like 1

Most of the wrinklies I chat to, and by that I mean over 12 years, have taken a break or breaks.

More interesting would be the oldest avi still here who hasn't taken a break other than a few days here and there.

That would be some commitment to this life.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:24 PM, Candide LeMay said:

I think@Cristiano Midnight is one of the oldest farts still running around (with a walker ;-)) - going back to beta SL. I do have some 2003 vintage people on my friends list and they show up online from time to time.

I noticed recently that Cris's partner Allison is 3 days older than he is. 😁 So it looks like she is leading so far.

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Most of the wrinklies I chat to, and by that I mean over 12 years, have taken a break or breaks.

I'm just over 14 years and have never taken a break from SL.  I still enjoy it as much as ever.

Maybe it's because I'm not a wrinklie like Cris.  I think the Wrinklies are those who were here before free accounts which I believe was sometime in mid 2006 around the same time they did away with telehubs and went to point to point tps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I'm just over 14 years and have never taken a break from SL.  I still enjoy it as much as ever.

Maybe it's because I'm not a wrinklie like Cris.  I think the Wrinklies are those who were here before free accounts which I believe was sometime in mid 2006 around the same time they did away with telehubs and went to point to point tps.

It was the beginning of June that year I think. I started with my first account on the 20th and that was shortly after free accounts started. Point to point teleports must have started before then or at the same time; I don't remember ever having to use telehubs.

I had a break for about a year from the end of 2006 to end of 2007 but since then I've had no breaks longer than 2 weeks, and even then, only when I was on vacation somewhere with no internet.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

First joined in mid 2006, but I was only sporadically active for a few months due to studies. Came back 4 years later under this account. I forgot my full name for the older account and I no longer have access to the email associated with it so I cannot retrieve it.

I had a similar situation with my first account. After that year's break I couldn't remember the password and didn't have the email address, so I left it and started a new account. Nine years later, I decided to submit a support ticket to get it back, fortunately I remembered enough and recovered the account. His inventory was terrifying. He didn't even own a pair of prim shoes. They were all system-layer shoes (yes they did exist).

casidy1st_003s.png.f4cc3755451d95f4ee641916580b73c0.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I had a similar situation with my first account. After that year's break I couldn't remember the password and didn't have the email address, so I left it and started a new account. Nine years later, I decided to submit a support ticket to get it back, fortunately I remembered enough and recovered the account. His inventory was terrifying. He didn't even own a pair of prim shoes. They were all system-layer shoes (yes they did exist).

That's my story too, though I never recovered the old account. Like you I'd probably be horrified if I did 🙂

On 1/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

I did the same after reading your post, and I was blown away by how quickly and successfully LL was able to revive not only my oldest existing avatar (April 2006), but an alt I totally forgot about that I made a year later! OMG I did not think it was possible! Good thing I am sentimental so I remember all the answers to the security questions even though the email address linked to both avatars has been shut down long ago. In my case, the inventory and contacts for both avatars have been wiped out and I had to choose one of the newer starter avatars because the outfits were empty. I kind of feel bad about losing my bling heel collection but maybe that is for the better lol

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 3:23 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

I'll occasionally see a man wearing layer shoes.  He's usually popping into an adult club and often has that system layer leather jacket that men wore.  I'm sure you know which one I mean.  He noob walks around for a few minutes then wanders off.  Chances are if I check the profile, he's older than me.

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2021 at 6:37 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Annoyed for sure, but you know -- comments like that just give me more insight into folks.

Well, the three people with whom Belinda lives and is closest -- Saskia, Eva, and myself -- are all "wrinklies" by her definition, and I've never detected anything like contempt for us because of our age. So, I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 1

The college I worked for asked me to investigate SL as a potential teaching platform. Linden Labs was recruiting universities and brands at the time.  I used one of the school’s alt for about three weeks in December 05 (During break). I thought it was pretty cool and integrated it into my digital design and illustration classes for the fall of 2006. I created my own college alt (teaching) in 4/11/06. (I got paid to play in SL as a summer sabbatical. Woohoo!) I stopped teaching a few years ago,  but This alt is still active when I want to hide away. The one I use now (the one that stuck) is 12/16/08.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.