EEP Environmental Enhancement Project Crashes in Firestorm at log in. Need help please.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, so I seem to keep crashing with this new EEP download update of Firestorm 6.14.12(62831) right as I am logging in. It was not on EEP at first but was just using Windlight settings in previous Firestorms; which I was happily on for years. The message reads with each crash:  "We are sorry but Firestorm has crashed and needs to be closed. If you see this issue happening repeatedly, please contact our support team and submit the following message: ASSERT (textureH > 0)"        And once I close that out Bugsplat pops up and I send the report in. I've done this about 5 times. It may take a moment for them to get back to me. I came here to see if someone may know how to fix this. I've already done a clean uninstall and install a few times. I checked for updates for my laptop too and it says things are up to date. My internet connection is good too. Below I've attached some screen shots. Normally my graphics are at basic low level as that regularly is great for me. Hopefully someone can help direct me in the right direction? Wish i could give you something in return... Hmm I do G&S at times so could give out some free cakes!

bandicam 2021-01-14 20-24-01-184.jpg

System part 1.jpg

System part 2.jpg

I don't have any thoughts on your specific issue with Firestorm, but what is more helpful for people here in troubleshooting issues isn't your system specs that you posted, but the information from the viewer - from the Help menu on the viewer, select "About <viewername>" which will bring up a window with viewer related system info (and there is a "copy to clipboard" button so it is easy to copy that info and paste it here).       

Though it won't have some of the connection time numbers, getting the info from the viewer can be done before you log in, so it's still possible to get even when you crash during logging in.  

Also, have you tried downloading the current LL viewer to see whether that works or not for you?  It's always good to see if a problem happens with a different viewer, and if you end up needing to file a support case with LL, they will want info from their viewer about the problem. 

Thank you for replying to my post Moira, ok so this is the information. I post below.  Also to answer your other question, I've tried to run SL on the regular Linden Lab version and it won't load for me so that is why I've been using Firestorm.

Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205) May 27 2020 04:45:17 (32bit) (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz (2493.74 MHz)
Memory: 4087 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.10.1930
OpenGL Version: 2.0.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.08
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1053x728 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 64 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.5
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 384 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2021-1-15T4:37:28 
Built with MSVC version 1800
January 15 2021 08:29:36 SLT

Edited by jofunne Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.