Jump to content

Join group if receive offline invite not work


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,
have searched the forum but found nothing, if the problem has already been reported sorry
I would like to report a problem with joining the group when I receive the invitation when I'm offline, if I click after receiving the offline invitation the join group button does not work. I will get a notification to join, but even if I press it, the group will not be added to my profile. This will only happen if they send me the invitation when I am offline, if I am online I join in the group without problems (same groups same person invite to me), and this is not only for 1 group, I have done various tests and it only happens when they send the invitation to the groups if not being online.
I use the latest version of Firestorm, I also tried to log in with the web viewer and the mobile viewer of the speedlight and I had some friends do some tests, it happens to them too.
And it is a problem if I have to receive a group at times when whoever sends it to me is not active when I am there. Not knowing when to present this problem, I noticed it by chance and wanted to try it out.
Anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?
Thank you all (sorry my bad english)

Mya

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mya Vanilla said:

Hi everyone,
have searched the forum but found nothing, if the problem has already been reported sorry
I would like to report a problem with joining the group when I receive the invitation when I'm offline, if I click after receiving the offline invitation the join group button does not work. I will get a notification to join, but even if I press it, the group will not be added to my profile. This will only happen if they send me the invitation when I am offline, if I am online I join in the group without problems (same groups same person invite to me), and this is not only for 1 group, I have done various tests and it only happens when they send the invitation to the groups if not being online.
I use the latest version of Firestorm, I also tried to log in with the web viewer and the mobile viewer of the speedlight and I had some friends do some tests, it happens to them too.
And it is a problem if I have to receive a group at times when whoever sends it to me is not active when I am there. Not knowing when to present this problem, I noticed it by chance and wanted to try it out.
Anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?
Thank you all (sorry my bad english)

Mya

This was reported on Linden Lab's bug tracker here Offline group invites not working

As far as I know it hasn't been fixed. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh this has been a problem for a very long time. I use Second Life Viewer

Second Life Release 6.4.12.553723 (64bit)

It is so annoying and offline friend requests fail also, even online friend requests fail.

There should be a warning that group and friend invitations only work on line and friend invitations online, may take many requests to work too. If the multiple friend invitations do not work, try doing it the other way around and that usually clears it.

This has been allowed to continue for far too long.

Not happy. For example, if you rent somewhere and need a group invitation to rez things, then you have to be online same time as the person who can issue the invitation. Imagine when your timezone is 16 hours difference!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hatsya said:

It is so annoying and offline friend requests fail also

You could be seeing this issue, as again, unsure if it has been addressed yet.   BUG-229460 Accepted offline friendship requests revert after relog

Hopefully, now that Uplift has been completed, there will be more time to focus on the bugs that have been piling up in the meantime. 😉 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 6:31 AM, Hatsya said:

Not happy. For example, if you rent somewhere and need a group invitation to rez things, then you have to be online same time as the person who can issue the invitation. Imagine when your timezone is 16 hours difference!

It is a problem to be sure. Rental issues are pretty easy to solve if you use a good rental system that supports bots to handle the group invites (Casper does, others may as well.) If you (anyone) rent land or manage some venue that has groups, it's good customer service to have some sort of bot invite system exactly because you can't be online all the time.

The group limit means that there are some groups that you will constantly have to join and leave. If you are a creator and have stores at rental locations all over the grid, you know the pain. Casper's bot integration makes this pretty easy to do as long as there isn't a join fee.

LL - if you are listening, we really need to be able to do group management through scripting directly without needing a bot. Also need a way to do an invite and waive the join fee. When you have limits on groups like this and so much of the permission / access systems are group based, we need more management flexibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...