Join group if receive offline invite not work

Mya Vanilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,
have searched the forum but found nothing, if the problem has already been reported sorry
I would like to report a problem with joining the group when I receive the invitation when I'm offline, if I click after receiving the offline invitation the join group button does not work. I will get a notification to join, but even if I press it, the group will not be added to my profile. This will only happen if they send me the invitation when I am offline, if I am online I join in the group without problems (same groups same person invite to me), and this is not only for 1 group, I have done various tests and it only happens when they send the invitation to the groups if not being online.
I use the latest version of Firestorm, I also tried to log in with the web viewer and the mobile viewer of the speedlight and I had some friends do some tests, it happens to them too.
And it is a problem if I have to receive a group at times when whoever sends it to me is not active when I am there. Not knowing when to present this problem, I noticed it by chance and wanted to try it out.
Anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?
Thank you all (sorry my bad english)

Mya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mya Vanilla said:

Hi everyone,
have searched the forum but found nothing, if the problem has already been reported sorry
I would like to report a problem with joining the group when I receive the invitation when I'm offline, if I click after receiving the offline invitation the join group button does not work. I will get a notification to join, but even if I press it, the group will not be added to my profile. This will only happen if they send me the invitation when I am offline, if I am online I join in the group without problems (same groups same person invite to me), and this is not only for 1 group, I have done various tests and it only happens when they send the invitation to the groups if not being online.
I use the latest version of Firestorm, I also tried to log in with the web viewer and the mobile viewer of the speedlight and I had some friends do some tests, it happens to them too.
And it is a problem if I have to receive a group at times when whoever sends it to me is not active when I am there. Not knowing when to present this problem, I noticed it by chance and wanted to try it out.
Anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it?
Thank you all (sorry my bad english)

Mya

This was reported on Linden Lab's bug tracker here Offline group invites not working

As far as I know it hasn't been fixed. 

• Thanks 1

Oh this has been a problem for a very long time. I use Second Life Viewer

Second Life Release 6.4.12.553723 (64bit)

It is so annoying and offline friend requests fail also, even online friend requests fail.

There should be a warning that group and friend invitations only work on line and friend invitations online, may take many requests to work too. If the multiple friend invitations do not work, try doing it the other way around and that usually clears it.

This has been allowed to continue for far too long.

Not happy. For example, if you rent somewhere and need a group invitation to rez things, then you have to be online same time as the person who can issue the invitation. Imagine when your timezone is 16 hours difference!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hatsya said:

It is so annoying and offline friend requests fail also

You could be seeing this issue, as again, unsure if it has been addressed yet.   BUG-229460 Accepted offline friendship requests revert after relog

Hopefully, now that Uplift has been completed, there will be more time to focus on the bugs that have been piling up in the meantime. 😉 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 6:31 AM, Hatsya said:

Not happy. For example, if you rent somewhere and need a group invitation to rez things, then you have to be online same time as the person who can issue the invitation. Imagine when your timezone is 16 hours difference!

It is a problem to be sure. Rental issues are pretty easy to solve if you use a good rental system that supports bots to handle the group invites (Casper does, others may as well.) If you (anyone) rent land or manage some venue that has groups, it's good customer service to have some sort of bot invite system exactly because you can't be online all the time.

The group limit means that there are some groups that you will constantly have to join and leave. If you are a creator and have stores at rental locations all over the grid, you know the pain. Casper's bot integration makes this pretty easy to do as long as there isn't a join fee.

LL - if you are listening, we really need to be able to do group management through scripting directly without needing a bot. Also need a way to do an invite and waive the join fee. When you have limits on groups like this and so much of the permission / access systems are group based, we need more management flexibility.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 7:15 AM, Maraveille Amat said:

Joining a group while the sender is offline still doesn't work. Multiple invitations and multiple acceptances. No joy. FIX IT!!!!!

It's infuriating and I can't understand  why it's taking them so long to fix it. I have to send out land group invites to various renters in the sim where I'm an EM. Until they're in the group they can't rez anything in their new home and that's frustrating for them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it is absolutely insane that this issue has NOT been fixed.

used to sometimes fail now apparently it fails ALL THE TIME.    Linden Lab if you want people to take you seriously then FIX these outstanding issues that people have.   I dont know what LL staff does all day long. but its clearly not fix issues that SL has ..many issues that have lasted for YEARS

get your........sH*t together and LISTEN to your users and FIX the outstanding issues you have!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This still is a problem in 2022 and it was first reported in 2020.  Absolutely ridiculous.  This is obviously not seen as a problem for LL, but ffs it is.  Trying to invite over 500 avatars from all around the world to a private group is impossible.  This is now also affecting friend requests now too. 

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to report that this issue is still happening with Second life viewer and other viewers as well. Have been missing group invitations TWICE for the last few days. It's annoying, I left SL for years, and when I did, this wasn't a thing.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necro posting. This issue is still active and happening in the current SL viewer Second Life Release 6.6.12.579987 (64bit) as of today 6/13/2023.

I was waiting to receive a group invite to an official SL group; unfortunately the invite was sent to me offline which resulted in me searching finding this thread and reading through the Jira linked above. 

As far as I am aware, a partial fix was implemented.

For an offline group invitation to work, you need to accept it within 24 hours of it being sent and you need to accept it at the same place that you log in to. That means, don't move when you log in, just accept the group invitation. If it is older than 24 hours, then it wont work! I think this applies to offline friend requests, too.

There is another topic somewhere in the forums and this information was provided by a Linden. I think I am remembering the answer correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.