Jump to content

Is Amazon Now a Threat to Second Life Itself?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Audiobuff007 said:

 pretty fair chance if anymore posters seen with BLM in their profile, might draw not only complications to the network known as Second Life

simple solution; use your "ignore"button more. It also helps against white knights.
After around 5 pages of blocking you'll have most of them behind bars for your peace and can read the forums again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SL isn't a private sponser of terrorism, so I don't think it's at much risk.  

The recent news that Amazon kicked Parler off of their cloud servers has me very concerned for the continued operation of Second Life, given that SL has been uplifted to the cloud and is now running o

Isn't one stirred pot enough?

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

simple solution; use your "ignore"button more. It also helps against white knights.
After around 5 pages of blocking you'll have most of them behind bars for your peace and can read the forums again.

if there is anyone left unblocked....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

why would i?

( are you sure it was a dead body?... think it's a sheet with feet )

I wasn't brave enough to look  under the sheet!!  Also not brave enough to watch horror movies but I still know what a sheet with feet usually means

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Given one of the replies by a user supporting a Marxist terror group, that has laid claim to many acts of political violence as well as revealed the organization as well funded and not the cause it was masked to be.. pretty fair chance if anymore posters seen with BLM in their profile, might draw not only complications to the network known as Second Life but also promoting a terror group may have you flagged by appropriate authorities. BLM is federally recognized as a domestic terror group. Do you think it's a good idea to make it known you support the agendas and ideology BLM stands for? BLM, Antifa etc.. are attempting to dismantle the Constitution I swore to defend. For the rest of the posters here, are you pro-Constitution and better yet American? Tell the BLM/Antifa supporters, you won't stand for it.

Do you always go around threatening people with lies? BLM has not been declared a terrorist group of any kind. Where the hell were you when the Repuglicans tossed the Constitution out the window DECADES AGO?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This (thread) is beginning to remind me of the scene in Monty Python's Meaning of Life film when the boardroom presentation on why people don't wear hats or have souls has just reached the point that "People have short attention spans and are easily distracted", and all of a sudden they all turn to gape at the large building floating past their windows.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Parler encouraged Nazis & white supremacists under the guise of freezepeach.

SL bans Nazis and racists. All the time.

 

Think we're safe.

It's looking like all the companies that cancelled Parler were doing Parler's users a huge favor:

https://www.wired.com/story/parler-hack-data-public-posts-images-video/

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It's looking like all the companies that cancelled Parler were doing Parler's users a huge favor:

https://www.wired.com/story/parler-hack-data-public-posts-images-video/

Parler are already throwing it's users under the bus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/parler-shared-information-fbi-capitol-riot-suspect-2021-1

https://beta.documentcloud.org/documents/20454504-eduard-florea-case

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was not aware that hysterical paranoid wossnames was another C19 symptom. Well, you live and learn and no way am I going in to the other thread.

Leave that to the cousins over the water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 10:31 PM, Audiobuff007 said:

Given one of the replies by a user supporting a Marxist terror group, that has laid claim to many acts of political violence as well as revealed the organization as well funded and not the cause it was masked to be.. pretty fair chance if anymore posters seen with BLM in their profile, might draw not only complications to the network known as Second Life but also promoting a terror group may have you flagged by appropriate authorities. BLM is federally recognized as a domestic terror group. Do you think it's a good idea to make it known you support the agendas and ideology BLM stands for? BLM, Antifa etc.. are attempting to dismantle the Constitution I swore to defend. For the rest of the posters here, are you pro-Constitution and better yet American? Tell the BLM/Antifa supporters, you won't stand for it.

 

On 1/15/2021 at 6:47 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Do you always go around threatening people with lies? BLM has not been declared a terrorist group of any kind. Where the hell were you when the Repuglicans tossed the Constitution out the window DECADES AGO?

thumb_chirr-chir-crickets-chirp-chirp-smug-19394736.png.d89197405ab46af3f9457d2c0dcd87bc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Another reply with no supporting facts or sources.

Sounds like a " Theystolemyelection!"  right winged sour sore loser to me.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple solution: If you see obvious trolls and hate speech, report it. If you see domestic terror threats, report it. Don't feed trolls, just report them.  

As long as Second Life upholds its terms of service, pretty sure it's A-OK. Plenty of right and left wing sites still thrive on AWS without issue. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 12:31 AM, Audiobuff007 said:

Given one of the replies by a user supporting a Marxist terror group, that has laid claim to many acts of political violence as well as revealed the organization as well funded and not the cause it was masked to be.. pretty fair chance if anymore posters seen with BLM in their profile, might draw not only complications to the network known as Second Life but also promoting a terror group may have you flagged by appropriate authorities. BLM is federally recognized as a domestic terror group. Do you think it's a good idea to make it known you support the agendas and ideology BLM stands for? BLM, Antifa etc.. are attempting to dismantle the Constitution I swore to defend. For the rest of the posters here, are you pro-Constitution and better yet American? Tell the BLM/Antifa supporters, you won't stand for it.

 

27 minutes ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Specific examples would support your claim.

On this thread and another you repeatedly claim others don't provide links and sources for their claims, yet you don't.

Let's see links for your assertion that BLM is  federally recognized as a terror group...

Also, links to prove they are trying to dismantle the constitution.

Edited by Luna Bliss
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mar Scarmon said:

Parler, by its own admission, doesn't even try to moderate their content.  SL at least makes an effort to moderate content.  That is why Amazon pulled Parler's plug.  

Jeff Bezos owned Washington Post says that Jeff Bezos owned AWS was right in taking Parler down. Nothing to see here folks! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/parler-deserved-to-be-taken-down-we-still-need-new-rules-for-the-internet/2021/01/11/57b47c5e-543c-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html#click=https://t.co/Dpf5WW5lLs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...