What are the most important features of SL to you?

JetReigns

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, JetReigns said:

That's a bit obnoxious, it seems like the ability to modify is a big part of deciding whether or not to buy something, so it seems vital for that to display correctly...

Is this the case with the marketplace and vendors too? Will certain modifiable items appear as "no modify" before you purchase them?

Most creators use an ad board of some sort that will specify the permissions.  With Caspervend, if the ad does not say, you can usually click for Info and that will tell you.  

For the MP,  the permissions are supposed to be part of the attributes noted on the right side of the item.

If you can't determine the permissions, then either keep shopping or IM the creator and hope they answer.

Modify permissions has become so important to me. There's this coffee cup that I love the look of but it's no mod which basically tells me that I have to change the size of my av to fit the cup, instead of the other way around. That seems dumb so I didn't buy it.

I also rely on mod perms to script items into rezz boxes. And to rename clothes when the name doesn't specify what color they are. I have fatpacks where each piece has exactly the same name 😑

Creators must be imagining nefarious motivations for wanting mod perms, but really it's just to make our sl fit us better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.