Weight-painting - how finnickity to get?

Liramaril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm weight painting some garments at the moment, and because I'm ***** retentive I'm covering some pretty extreme poses. I just hopped in aditi to do a test, and noticed that my pose adjuster can't actually rotate my characters shoulder all the way... up? Are all SL avatars bone movements locked past a point? So say, your forearm can't bend the wrong way at your elbow? Or do SL avatars bend whichever which way and it was just the hud I was using that was constricted?

If you can bend however which way you like, how far do most creators take their mesh in terms of unusual posing etc?

Hope this makes sense!

22 hours ago, Liramaril said:

I'm weight painting some garments at the moment, and because I'm ***** retentive I'm covering some pretty extreme poses. I just hopped in aditi to do a test, and noticed that my pose adjuster can't actually rotate my characters shoulder all the way... up? Are all SL avatars bone movements locked past a point? So say, your forearm can't bend the wrong way at your elbow? Or do SL avatars bend whichever which way and it was just the hud I was using that was constricted?

If you can bend however which way you like, how far do most creators take their mesh in terms of unusual posing etc?

Hope this makes sense!

Avastar skeletons come with sane joint limits by default. It is a good starting point.

There is only so much you can do, especially given that SL doesn't preserve joints volume.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.