Are We Ever "Too Old" For Something?

JanuarySwan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

The irony of asking a group of people embracing a range of ages from 20's to I will not hazard a guess...but you get what I am saying.... who inhabit a virtual world playing dress up with virtual barbie dolls if you are too old for something...

The skirt is gorgeous!  I hope you buy one.

I saw a bit of irony and then thought not really because SL is not actually going out in RL wearing what we might wear here.   Many of us can sit behind keyboards in sleepwear.  I currently am all snuggly in my robe.  Speaking of sleepwear, it never bothers me to see people in sleepwear and robes and slippers and curlers in the Supermarket.  I just figure they may be ill, perhaps fighting a cold, and it's not for me to judge.  

• Like 1

I also share this feel even tho I'm 24, I don't dress appropriately for my age .

If it's self conscious you're feeling, video chat with other like minded individuals while you hang out and play dress-up together! Do it, don't have any regrets. We support you!!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Watch "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", a nice study in "too old for but wore it anyway" for clothing and makeup. 

I loved that movie but tbh I don't think that was the point of it. More about the dangers of being a child actor/star, sacrificing your childhood for a career early it on and then kinda losing it when you get older when the attention stops flowing.

Still amazing!!! One of my favourites.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Watch "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", a nice study in "too old for but wore it anyway" for clothing and makeup.

That movie is almost as old as I am! It was released in 1962. I'm only 3 years older! And I don't have gray hair yet! So there! 😋

IMO, the only "too old" is dead. I long stopped caring what anyone thought of my way of dress, which leans towards the casual side. I actually obtained a jacket in RL which is pretty much a replica of the uniform jacket worn in Star Trek: Enterprise. And, anyone that has a problem with my Star Trek jacket can go kick rocks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.