Are We Ever "Too Old" For Something?

JanuarySwan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

OK this is killing me, I've been biting my tongue xD Can I ask just out of curiosity...what are you thinking of getting?

A tulle skirt.  I like a lot of the colors...not sure of color.  

Here are some of the current styles to choose from...there are others things I'd need to go with it...but I think a chunky knit hand- made looking sweater, short boots and black tights is what I would wear with it.  The first picture is really the one I want...but it comes in many colors.  I'm not sure I'd wear sneakers with it though.  A corset maybe (no just kidding - probably look like Madonna>)

skirt.png

ruf3.jpg

ruf011.jpg

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 8

I personally don't think we're ever too "old" for anything.. if you like it, go for it! Who cares what others say, as long as you're happy and enjoying it that's really all that matters.. and life is too short to dwell on things tbh.. I never understood why others care so much about what others do lol I personally don't think we're ever too "old" for anything.. if you like it, go for it! Who cares what others say, as long as you're happy and enjoying it that's really all that matters.. and life is too short to dwell on things tbh.. I never understood why others care so much about what others do lol 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Here are some of the current styles to choose from...there are others things I'd need to go with it...but I think a chunky knit hand- made looking sweater, short boots and black tights is what I would wear with it.  The first picture is really the one I want...but it comes in many colors.  I'm not sure I'd wear sneakers with it though.  A corset maybe (no just kidding - probably look like Madonna>)

skirt.png

ruf3.jpg

ruf011.jpg

That's soo in right now, please order it omg I love it!!!

• Like 1

1232141330_RedHat_001.thumb.jpg.88d76ab6306ea8b76ac4b25ebafdd1f3.jpg

Warning
Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people’s gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You could also just wear it in your house. Then open the windows and surprise the neighbors. Then greet the mailman. Go for a drive without getting out of the car. Get a burger at the drive through. And then you'll be struttin' around without a care in the world. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JanuarySwan said:

skirt.png

That is soo adorable!

Where I am from I see women of all ages wearing that style, go for it!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JanuarySwan said:

I'd like to know if anyone has ever felt that there comes a time when we are just "too old" for something. 

Yes. You can be too old for eating ice cream at midnight. Ugh.. why did I do that..

As for clothes, wear whatever you think is pretty and comfy.

In my neighbourhood people wear their jammies outside at all ages 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

It's always fun to spot whimsical dressers in the wild. Especially of an older age.

The ruffle on the gray skirt is a mesmerizing waterfall of fabric. Go for it. If you can't muster the courage those cute clothes can simply be worn around the house. Enjoy your life.

grownups.png.d1d7b3cfb56dcd2739ef77f8e8c43518.png

As for me I'm going to be childlike at heart forever. Age restrictions seem silly when it comes to things like clothing. Or the hobbies and media people like.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some of the colors look a bit..dirty, soiled? Just a thought.

I think it's supposed to look a bit ombre.  The dye may not take evenly on Tulle or else it's the light.  There are all kinds of colors though, even black.

Here's two more photos.  Maybe with sneakers it's looks okay too but I think I would wear tights and short boots and a sweater. 

skirt2.jpg

skirt4.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

I think it's supposed to look a bit ombre.  The dye may not take evenly on Tulle or else it's the light.  There are all kinds of colors though, even black.

Here's two more photos.  Maybe with sneakers it's looks okay too but I think I would wear tights and short boots and a sweater. 

skirt2.jpg

skirt4.jpg

Very "Breakfast Club"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

If it something like having to mow two acres of lawn then yes, to get out of doing it, I am most definitely to old for it.

Yes, this is true in regards to certain issues with endurance.  After I started the thread, I realized I should have had the title read "are we ever too old for a type of fashion".  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.