firestorm camera zoom issue - looking for fix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this.  But...

This issue is about my camera inworld.  I use firestorm at the moment because I have not decided on a different viewer as of yet.  Anyway...  The camera used to be able to zoom in very very close to things like rings, earrings, eyes, lips and any other small item.  

But....

Now no...  no no no no...  Now the camera when I zoom in on something seems to lapse into a 'fisheye' mode.  I have not touched anything, nothing for camera controls.  The way the camera is now....  It is dis-allowing me to get too close to items.  If i zoom in closer than a certain amount it will simply go into this 'fisheye' mode and start making everything on the platform look skewed.  For example if i try to zoom too close to a pair of earrings it will end up showing the inside of my head, the brain, etc.  But the camera will never show a closeup of my earrings.  So frustrating i have lost control to zoom in close to items.

If anyone knows what may be going on can u please advise me before i speak to firestorm group.  

See if checking "Disable minimum camera zoom distance" in Firestorm Preferences/Move & View/View does anything.

Also, perhaps your camera view angle is set to something odd. Ctrl+9 resets this to the default, and you can change this using Ctrl+8 to zoom out or Ctrl+0 to zoom in. There are also sliders for this in Preferences/Move & View/View and in the Cameratools window (Ctrl+Shift+C).

Edited by KT Kingsley
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, KT Kingsley said:

See if checking "Disable minimum camera zoom distance" in Firestorm Preferences/Move & View/View does anything.

Also, perhaps your camera view angle is set to something odd. Ctrl+9 resets this to the default, and you can change this using Ctrl+8 to zoom out or Ctrl+0 to zoom in. There are also sliders for this in Preferences/Move & View/View and in the Cameratools window (Ctrl+Shift+C).

Ty for the very specific advise.  i will for sure try ur suggestions before i attempt to approach the fs support group.

The English FS support group in-world really isn't all that frightening, and includes many knowledgeable and helpful people, though not all of them are online all the time. The worst that can happen is that someone will completely misunderstand your question, or that you'll get directed to one or more of the FS help pages (which are indeed helpful when they address your particular issue).

On 1/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, KT Kingsley said:

The English FS support group in-world really isn't all that frightening, and includes many knowledgeable and helpful people, though not all of them are online all the time. The worst that can happen is that someone will completely misunderstand your question, or that you'll get directed to one or more of the FS help pages (which are indeed helpful when they address your particular issue).

There are many things i can say about the fs support.  but i digress.

I can say THIS about Firestorm Support English...they do the best they are able to.  They are hamstrung to a degree by the flaky nature of Group IM in SL but if you post your issue on the FS support JIRA someone WILL get back to you.

Bear in mind that most of them are just ordinary users like you and I, and they are not, nor do they ever pretend to be, perfect.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.