Can i buy linden with a visa gift card

liesmaaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

From the Knowledge Base:

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheDimeDiva said:

Yes if you have a virtual visa prepaid card you can use that to buy lindens i recently used one to purchase lindens myself.

More correctly, yes, some people  have been able to use a prepaid Visa card to buy L$, but it is by no means guaranteed.  The basic message from L:inden Lab, which I quoted above, is their own cautionary advice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tycho Beresford said:

When are you going to fix this?  If people are trying to give you money you should let them!

Fix what?  nobody here can fix anything,  besides there are certain requirements for companies like LL to have that require most prepaid cards to not work,  you'll find more than SL that does this too,  it's hit or miss too depending on the payment processor that issued the card too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.