Firestorm Favorites Bar LM corruption

Indy Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is the second time recently this has happened to me. When I go to log into Firestorm, it no longer displays all of my favorites on the log in screen on Firestorm. Upon investigation, after getting logged in, when I click on one of my favorites and click edit LM, I find the LM shows the following screen. https://gyazo.com/a33e4649c1d37f71f45c078d517f85f3

If you notice by the picture, I am at the correct location, but the LM itself that is in my favorite bar is somehow corrupted.

You will notice it shows as being Protected Land for some reason. If I click the LM on the favorites bar, I do TP to the desired location, but the information for the LM is incorrect and prevents it from showing on the log in page as a choice for where to log in at. 

Has anyone else had this issue and what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help with this.

6 answers to this question

Right click the ground, and choose About Land from the context menu.  Have a look at the parcel description.  As the parcel owner, you can edit this.  Maybe you forgot to do so when you acquired the land? Then when you took a landmark, it included the then-current parcel info.

Edit the parcel description, if you need or want to.  Then, delete your old landmark.  Go to World/Landmark This Place and create a new landmark.  Check to see if it reflects the parcel description you just edited.

Thanks Lindal for responding. Some of my Favorites are for land I have owned going back 2016 or before with no changes made to it or the parcel info. Some of the Favorites LM now show other landowners names or group owners info when I right click them and click view/edit landmarks. This incorrect information is somehow preventing those LMs from showing on my login page. I am having to teleport to each location, delete it from favorites, then do Landmark this Location and then add the newly created LM to my favorites and things then show correctly. 

My concern is why is this happening and because it is the second time this has happened to me, I wonder if anyone else is having this issue and if not, why me?

Well, I redid every one of my favorite LM's. I then went into preferences and unchecked then rechecked to show my favorites on Login. For now, it's working correctly again and showing my favorites on the login page. Still do not know why this has happened to me twice now and since no others have spoken up saying they have noticed this issue, must just be something on my end. Thanks all for the help.

Just a thought.  Favorites are also stored in the favorites folder in inventory.  I normally bring them up using alt h instead of using the favorites bar.  When this problem occurs, do you still see the LMs in the favorites folder?  When I've logged in and inventory hasn't loaded correctly (empty folders) my favorites are also missing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.