So this was a bit disconcerting...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:57 PM, ballparkdogg said:

Ignore him and move on.  I had someone like this tell lies about me in some club I used to go to then I got banned.  Some mook always looking for attention.

It's rather frightening to have someone say that he has personal information on you and has threatened to hurt you in real life, though.  This is unlikely to happen, yes, but it COULD happen.  I had someone threaten me about 7 years ago in sl by telling me that he was going to send some of our amorous conversations and a rl photo that I had stupidly shared with him to my rl husband.  He never did, thankfully, but it certainly taught me to not be so trusting, not share so much of my rl life details, photos (I only shared photos that were regular photos, but still), and to be clear about my sl rules.  I had reported him and blocked him, but I felt untrusting for quite a while after that.

Fast forward to last year where I saw him at a club, and noticed that he was engaged to someone.  A month later,  she was sitting next to me at the same club and I got chatting with her.  I had noticed that they were not engaged anymore.  She began to tell me how abusive he is and how he had threatened HER rl before I had even told her what he had done to me.  She had blocked and reported him as well, but he's still in sl.  

Sadly i have heard of this often in SL and experienced similar myself . I just tell myself obviously the person didnt get lucky in SL or RL the night before , block and move on. The hard part how ever, regardless of how much you say, eh, its nothing , you are wrong . if it was nothing it wouldnt bug you so much to want to know what you did . You did nothing wrong  period .  You showed a person friendship and thats basically it . they wigged out and went psycho on you from how it sounds and most definatly they will do it again to another person later on down the line or even even in a few days  . You're a great person with out the crap .  

Edited by Tisori
  • Like 1

From experience, blocking only gets you so far and its trivial for harassers to circumvent, there are many ways for someone to make your SL a living hell for months on end.

LL wont get involved. Keep all the logs you like. Abuse report all you like. File detailed support tickets all you like. Demonstrate and document clear patterns of behavior all you like. Meet with Lindens in world at office hours all you like. Phone Linden Lab in tears all you like.

In SL, the options for victims boils down to "ignore and hope they get bored" or "leave". 

Be careful hun, sick ppl exists in SL, same as in rl, the different is it is harder to detect them online, thanks to block feature. Have to be very cautious sharing anything RL with someone you don't know well. Internet can be dangerous.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks again for all the support and kind words (for those who supplied them; of course to those of you who relayed that I was somehow a drama mongerer for expressing my concerns as candidly as I could, however, a big middle finger to you).  Nothing has happened since I went ahead and blocked the person who scared the crap out of me, and I am very thankful for that.  Second Life seems to be perfectly chill, which makes me very happy.

So I think suffice it to say it's safe to let this thread die.  I won't be posting here anymore.  

Again, many thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.