Jump to content

Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well, that's your second question, and I'm sorry if what I said wasn't clear.  You made a general statement about non-Americans, and I wished to remove myself from that judgement.

This isn't a game of 20 questions. I made a general statement about people trying to defend a coup. If it's not you, why get defensive about it?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   It's not like our news media is plastered with 'Murrican politics, and like many of us have daily contact with friends, business associates and even partners in the US via the very thing you're using right now to communicate with a global audience. 

It works both ways. At minimum, communication is two way, not one way.

 

FTR, I do not consider myself to be American since my people were here long before the Vikings or other Eurasians ever "discovered" this continent.

In case someone (not Orwar) doesn't know:

Eurasian_continent.jpg

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Comparing a D list celebrity holding an effigy to insurrectionists is ridiculous.

Trump incited an attempted coup

These two lines here are where the comparison is being drawn. I can't find where Trump has incited any kind of violence, and I have watched many of his speeches, I can find many examples of people on the left explicitly inciting violence.

 

Quote

.... is not the same as actually putting pipe bombs in a government building. ...

If you want examples of people on the left actually committing violence there are plenty of those too.

Perhaps a few headlines will help jog the old noggin, a small taster of the sort of thing that has been going on for the last year.

- "A 60-YEAR-old Donald Trump supporter was shot dead in broad daylight near his "Vote Trump" banners as cops investigate a "political motive.""

- "Leftist Journalist, BLM Activists Charged in Firebombing of Arkansas Cop Cars"

- "Antifa praises shooting of two black teens as victory against fascism"

- "SPD: Rioters tried to trap officers inside burning precinct using rebar and concrete"

Lest you forget that there are plenty of inhumane extremists on your side of the fence too. I'm not advocating for you to give up your values, I'm advocating for some common sense and preparedness to accept the fact that your supporters and beliefs are not infallible either.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I just can’t shake the mental image of a furry, a bimbo, a nude muscleman and an edge lord with a stolen Naruto avatar on a beach somewhere in SL planning to overthrow the government.

I would totally join this group just for the sheer unadulterated banter! 😀

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

I would totally join this group just for the sheer unadulterated banter! 😀

I've already wandered into voice discussions on 5G microchips being in Covid vaccines. It can't be that far from that and believe me.....its bizarre as it sounds.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I've already wandered into voice discussions on 5G microchips being in Covid vaccines. It can't be that far from that and believe me.....its bizarre as it sounds.

Wait! I thought those 5G cellular towers are what caused COVID19 in the first place??! Omg, its so hard to keep up with all the conspiracy theories when they keep changing!!! 😭

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

These two lines here are where the comparison is being drawn. I can't find where Trump has incited any kind of violence, and I have watched many of his speeches, I can find many examples of people on the left explicitly inciting violence.

Love when people chop up a post and take it out of context.

12 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

These two lines here are where the comparison is being drawn. I can't find where Trump has incited any kind of violence, and I have watched many of his speeches, I can find many examples of people on the left explicitly inciting violence.

 

If you want examples of people on the left actually committing violence there are plenty of those too.

Perhaps a few headlines will help jog the old noggin, a small taster of the sort of thing that has been going on for the last year.

- "A 60-YEAR-old Donald Trump supporter was shot dead in broad daylight near his "Vote Trump" banners as cops investigate a "political motive.""

- "Leftist Journalist, BLM Activists Charged in Firebombing of Arkansas Cop Cars"

- "Antifa praises shooting of two black teens as victory against fascism"

- "SPD: Rioters tried to trap officers inside burning precinct using rebar and concrete"

Lest you forget that there are plenty of inhumane extremists on your side of the fence too. I'm not advocating for you to give up your values, I'm advocating for some common sense and preparedness to accept the fact that your supporters and beliefs are not infallible either.

Where's your headline of a left wing coup that broke into the capitol building? I'll wait.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

Wait! I thought those 5G cellular towers are what caused COVID19 in the first place??! Omg, its so hard to keep up with all the conspiracy theories when they keep changing!!! 😭

One word for you: Antifa!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Politics ............... opinions...........we all have them , we all will never agree. Trouble is we can never just agree to disagree and move on. And do not discount the thoughts of those who do not live in the USA. The world is connected what affects one will affect all in some fashion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Love when people chop up a post and take it out of context.

I shouldn't have to, but the arguments you put forward I think you are being disingenuous, because you intentionally attempt to downplay the actions committed by people on your side of the fence by suggesting I am comparing incitements of violence to actual violence, which is not correct.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Extrude Ragu said:

I shouldn't have to, but the arguments you put forward I think you are being disingenuous, because you intentionally attempt to downplay the actions committed by people on your side of the fence by suggesting I am comparing incitements of violence to actual violence, which is not correct.

But you did.

Is this really about your side and my side? I didn't downplay a thing, and I challenge you to find a post from me defending a left wing act of terror. You are trying to equivocate acts of left wing terror with a coup. To which I can easily find examples of right wing terrorist acts. In fact the storming of the capitol building in Michigan last summer is a good example or the attempted kidnapping and murder of Michigan's governor. So lets not do that, because we are talking about a coup that happened and your examples are not equivalent...nowhere near. 

So I'm not the one being disingenuous here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Where's your headline of a left wing coup that broke into the capitol building? I'll wait.....

Didn't need to, they managed to get Trump and thousands of conservatives banned from most of the social media's. That is in effect a better coup then taking over the Capitol Building.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

These two lines here are where the comparison is being drawn. I can't find where Trump has incited any kind of violence, and I have watched many of his speeches, I can find many examples of people on the left explicitly inciting violence.

 

 

Ah, here you go finally., Thanks for dropping the "observer" rhethorics and coming out of the  cover.

You know that, of course, being the alt right propagandist you are, but a reminder:

Hitler and the Nazis did not explicitly call for WW2.  They did not explicitly call for the holocaust.

So if you want to apolgise the fascist Trump and his fascist intentions by absurd relativations and excuses you are just another fascist propagandist. Or blind.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was on my facebook feed today, literally my Boy Scouts Scoutmaster from the early 80's.

 

"A helpful rule of thumb from a friend.
Huge numbers of our population believe in an alternate reality. But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am? So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult. But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be a helpful indicator.
If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis…neo-Nazis, casual Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on. And if they are on my side of the demonstration? I am on the wrong side. It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi. Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side. Look to my left. If that guy is wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt? Wrong side. Are speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler ‘got right’? Wrong side.
Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.
However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation. Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have it’s opposing sides and grey areas. But evil and good are absolute. As are the lessons of history. So, I look for the Nazis, and I will NEVER be on their side.
Feel free to copy & paste to share as I did."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Didn't need to, they managed to get Trump and thousands of conservatives banned from most of the social media's. That is in effect a better coup then taking over the Capitol Building.

No, they did that to themselves. 

Listen, lets be clear. We're talking about adults, who decided to go from peaceful protest to insurrection when they crossed those barriers and broke into the building....without masks, carrying confederate battle flags, some of them armed. The same crowd that planned and organized the attempt online on social media where all their conversations were recorded. We're also talking about Trump who said "Kill" something like 43 times in his speech just hours before.

There is no defending this.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Didn't need to, they managed to get Trump and thousands of conservatives banned from most of the social media's. That is in effect a better coup then taking over the Capitol Building.

Oh, i want a recount. Audit that. Thousands? Really? Hey, find me these five million conservatives!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Ah, here you go finally., Thanks for dropping the "observer" rhethorics and coming out of the  cover.

You know that, of course, being the alt right propagandist you are, but a reminder:

Hitler and the Nazis did not explicitly call for WW2.  They did not explicitly call for the holocaust.

So if you want to apolgise the fascist Trump and his fascist intentions by absurd relativations and excuses you are just another fascist propagandist. Or blind.

I think you've lost the plot

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This was on my facebook feed today, literally my Boy Scouts Scoutmaster from the early 80's.

 

"A helpful rule of thumb from a friend.
Huge numbers of our population believe in an alternate reality. But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am? So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult. But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be a helpful indicator.
If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis…neo-Nazis, casual Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on. And if they are on my side of the demonstration? I am on the wrong side. It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi. Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side. Look to my left. If that guy is wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt? Wrong side. Are speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler ‘got right’? Wrong side.
Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.
However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation. Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have it’s opposing sides and grey areas. But evil and good are absolute. As are the lessons of history. So, I look for the Nazis, and I will NEVER be on their side.
Feel free to copy & paste to share as I did."

Antifa seems to switch sides depending on where the most demonstrating is. So you are likely to find those clues on both sides of the fence. It's the new politics for when a third party is inciting the two main parties to fight. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Antifa seems to switch sides depending on where the most demonstrating is. So you are likely to find those clues on both sides of the fence. It's the new politics for when a third party is inciting the two main parties to fight. 

As long as they still "Punch-a-Nazi", I'm all for it! 

It is HI-LARIOUS how some on the right blamed Antifa for the insurrection. 

lulz. Good times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

As long as they still "Punch-a-Nazi", I'm all for it! 

It is HI-LARIOUS how some on the right blamed Antifa for the insurrection. 

lulz. Good times.

Well seemed to work for the left and BLM when their peaceful demonstrations turned to riots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...