Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

If he is not charged equally then fairness of the justice system is broken in the USA, is skewed to favouritism against a specific ideology and completely against the democratic principles of fairness, freedom and liberty.

Seriously Drayke ? He should be equally condemned and haunted by justice like say the folks who pulled in the policeman into the crowd of rioters and KILLED him ? Equally so ? It's only fair when it's on the same priority standard ?

Now we have gotten to a point where I no longer wish to debate you.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:

Seriously Drayke ? He should be equally condemned and haunted by justice like say the folks who pulled in the policeman into the crowd of rioters and KILLED him ? Equally so ? It's only fair when it's on the same priority standard ?

Now we have gotten to a point where I no longer wish to debate you.

Sigh, did I say he should be charged with assault, murder, vandalism etc? No. He should be charged with EXACTLY what I posted in the first post you responded to; 'knowingly entering a restricted building' (perhaps you should go back and read that post as you clearly just skimmed over it).

That is to say, equally charged along with those others for THAT specific charge. Just like all the other right wing people who are charged with that specific same conviction that also didn't kill the policeman.

Why is that so hard to understand from what I said. Why are you continually trying to make it seem I am saying something different to what I have already written in black and white?

Please read an  entire post and in context before posting and you may, just may alleviate the last 10 posts between us of me trying to say one thing and you claiming I said another.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Why are you continually trying to make it seem I am saying something different to what I have already written in black and white?

Please read an  entire post and in context before posting and you may, just may alleviate the last 10 posts between us of me trying to say one thing and you claiming I said another.

Like I said before : I still remain, perhaps mistakingly, under the impression you are making a case for "If the left can be accused of this, the right should not be accused of .. " which is my subjective opinion of your entries.

Let's agree to disagree in general.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Akane Nacht said:

What more could they do besides what is already in the Community Standards which we all agree to when we sign up for an account? The very first thing they mention is their policy on Intolerance.

And after all this is the genuine response for the topic answer!

2 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Like I said before : I still remain, perhaps mistakingly, under the impression you are making a case for "If the left can be accused of this, the right should not be accused of .. " which is my subjective opinion of your entries.

Nothing of the sort. I am claiming the opposite. If the RIGHT CAN BE accused of this, the LEFT SHOULD BE accused of it as well, but only if it is deserved, whereby in this case of trespassing it is.

You cannot have one person doing the same thing someone else does and not be treated or punished equally for it. In this case trespassing. Forget about the whole left vs right issue. Treat it as 2 normal people people trespassing into a restricted area and only one gets punished for it. It would be an injustice.

Just because one is right and one is left makes no difference to the issue. The problem comes now however in that there is such division between those two that if they are not treated equally for doing the same act it will harden and draw out that division, cause angst and potentially be disastrous for the USA's reputation and democracy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drayke Newall said:

Nothing of the sort. I am claiming the opposite. If the RIGHT CAN BE accused of this, the LEFT SHOULD BE accused of it as well, but only if it is deserved, whereby in this case of trespassing it is.

You cannot have one person doing the same thing someone else does and not be treated or punished equally for it. In this case trespassing. Forget about the whole left vs right issue. Treat it as 2 normal people people trespassing into a restricted area and only one gets punished for it. It would be an injustice.

Just because one is right and one is left makes no difference to the issue. The problem comes now however in that there is such division between those two that if they are not treated equally for doing the same act it will harden and draw out that division, cause angst and potentially be disastrous for the USA's reputation and democracy.

What is really dangerous for American  Democracy is each single second Trump stays in power, period.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Lisa Montgomery: US carries out first federal execution of a woman in nearly seven decades

Why does it matter that she's a woman, though? Surely, if you want equality, all persons should be equals before the law. 

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Why does it matter that she's a woman, though? Surely, if you want equality, all persons should be equals before the law. 

It does not matter, death penalty is a excrement of a mentality that should not exist.

Personally i consider any that agrees with its use a sadist, period.

Edited by foneco Zuzu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

What is really dangerous for American  Democracy is each single second Trump stays in power, period.

Perhaps, but I don't think his removal now or even if he leaves office naturally in 7 days is going to bring an end to what is happening in America.

I believe it is a case of too little to late.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1

Just now, Drayke Newall said:

Perhaps, but I don't think his removal now or even if he leaves office naturally in 7 days is going to bring an end to what is happening in America.

On that i fear i have to agree. Trump is just the head of the snake that spreads the poison of white supremacy over all.

58 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I don't know that it was the 'Proud boys' who were involved in the Capitol rioters. 

I think it is more than fair to compare the BLM riots to the riots at the Capitol. Both saw a break down of law and order, both caused untold damage, grief and distress. Both seemed like acts of terror in the eyes of the other side. Both were fighting for causes they felt were righteous and just. And both were wrong. 

Well, the Proud Boys were involved.

And it is completely wrong -- again, I hope merely rhetoric -- to draw an equivalence between BLM events of the summer and last week's Capitol insurrection. At no time did anybody involved with BLM so much as suggest overthrowing the constitutionally elected government of the United States, which was the entire purpose of the attack on the Capitol. Nor did BLM protestors have a stated goal of slaughter, as did the insurgents at the Capitol.

"DEFUND THE POLICE," though an unfortunate shorthand slogan, is in no way comparable to "KILL MIKE PENCE."

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 6

Let me just say this. Second life ( As far as I know) is a private company not owned by the government. That means just like twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube. They have a right to remove any speech that incites violence and or racial discrimination..  However, they aren't patrol guards on surveillance watching what every resident or group does 24/7. It is up to the residents to mute,ban,eject, report any speech that incites violence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Any rational civilized Country banned Death Penalty long ago.

And so any still wonders why We really dont give a ***** about what American Maga wants or thinks?

Lisa Montgomery: US carries out first federal execution of a woman in nearly seven decades

Good. And if you think there shouldn't be a death penalty, tell that to the family of the woman that monster strangled to death and whose body she cut her baby from. 

We need more death penalty. Some people are monsters and cannot be fixed . They should not linger after being convicted of heinous crimes.  I will admit that my view on this may be biased as I have experienced a homicide in my own family some years ago.  The monster who committed the act did not receive the death penalty and it's really a shame, he should have. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because maybe you might learn something new. It is what you learn after you know it all that is important. When a readily available medicine has been proven to be able to flatten the covid 19 death curve, then there is something grossly wrong with your "science" when you continue to promote the idea that only an expensive and mostly unproven vaccine is the only salvation. 100,000's of thousands of unnecessary deaths because you don't like the political figure who first mentioned it. Yay you.

Let me summarise your breathtaking enlightment.

You basically say that every government on the planet, every "mainstream" scientist on the planet as well as the the "left" and whomever you dislike has the intention to let 100,000´s of thousand people die unnecessarily?

Really? Why should they do that? Explain.

9 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Too kind, Selene. How are you doing? I hope you are ok. Well, sometimes I miss the group. But I heard it isn't the same anymore.

I'm ok. Hope you are well. I miss it sometimes too but I left it because it just wasn't the same any more. It all changed when Fuzen disappeared on Sri.

I'm in world fairly frequently these days so if you want to toss a friendship offer my way, feel free to do so. ^_^

Can we just get the elephant in the room out of the way here? "I'm not an American, but...." is saying "I'm a right winger similar to a Trumpist in my country and I feel...." in this context. It's not magical debate armour.

Comparing a D list celebrity holding an effigy to insurrectionists is ridiculous. Comparing a 60+ year old singer saying "I'd blow up the white house" is not the same as actually putting pipe bombs in a government building. That is the difference between free speech (free speech some were vehemently defending the first couple of pages) and crossing the line into treason. 

Right wingers gon' right wing, no matter what country they're are in. Trump incited an attempted coup, it looked ridiculous, it failed, many of participants are going to jail, and Trump is getting impeached today...again and most likely will face criminal and civil charges. No amount of rhetoric is going to change that.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.