Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

The right believes that the left circumvented democracy by cheating in the election.

Do they realllyyyyy believe it? I suspect it is "wishful thinking" at best, and "making it up" as default.

I bet those in congress egging the Trumpies on don't believe the election was stolen -- they're just using the Trumpies in an attempt to keep power. Disgraceful.  Ted Cruz, and that Missouri senator, Josh Hawley -- I hope they get booted out.

Look at his salute of praise for the thugs overtaking the Capitol:

josh hawley.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

PHILIPP: An election-night surveillance video from State Farm Arena in Georgia shows election workers asked Republican poll watchers and journalists to leave, but four people remained, pulled out hidden ballot containers, and processed and counted ballots without supervision until 1 a.m. in an “illegal act of fraud” that “must have been organized and planned in advance.”

THE FACTS: The video doesn’t show evidence of any fraud, much less an illegal act “planned in advance.” Instead, election workers began packing up after a long night of counting, then got a call from a supervisor who instructed them to continue, according to Gabriel Sterling, a top official in the Georgia secretary of state’s office. Georgia law 21-2-408 permits observers to stay in the room the whole time, but doesn’t require it for counting to take place. After partisan observers, reporters and several staffers left, there was a short period when observers weren’t present. However, an independent state election board monitor and a state investigator both arrived within an hour and remained at the facility until the count concluded for the night, Sterling said. The ballot boxes brought out in the surveillance video had not been hidden all day, as the video suggests. They were the same boxes that had previously been opened earlier in the night, and all the ballots in them had already been prepared in front of observers. Investigators who reviewed the entire surveillance tape confirmed it showed “normal ballot processing,” Sterling said.

From APnews.com

You watched a youtube video put out by the right-wing propaganda machine - and it worked. There is more detail in the link in the article, and it's conclusion: 

The president’s team is “intentionally misleading the public about what happened at State Farm Arena on election night,” Sterling tweeted Friday. “They had the whole video too and ignored the truth.”

Well then there is this page that proves the debunking was bs so we are back to square 1. 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/07/no-the-georgia-vote-counting-video-was-not-debunked-not-even-close/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Well, consider that these leeches made it possible for you to have something like Second  Life, which certainly never would have been thinkable by leaving all that stuff up to some guys at the Vatican who insisted that the world is flat.

Oh wait, it IS!

Actually, it is our constitution that made SL possible, not necessarily whichever set of leeches is currently in power.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Well, consider that these leeches made it possible for you to have something like Second  Life, which certainly never would have been thinkable by leaving all that stuff up to some guys at the Vatican who insisted that the world is flat.

Oh wait, it IS!

The Vatican at the time believed the sun revolved around the Earth, not vice versa. Wasn't about whether the Earth was flat.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kenai Harbour said:

I certainly hope with all the other social media outlets that are banning hate groups, Trump, and their speech in light of the attack on our nation's capital that Second Life is not becoming a haven for them. What is Linden Lab doing to make sure they don't hide here?

Just do a simple search for MAGA, QANON or any other fringe right wing group. There aren’t that many, maybe a handful of each. The worst that could happen is someone going to an interracial sim having a “MAGA” or “STOPTHASTEAL” tag level of trolling.

That....or you’re going to get high blood pressure from all the salt from being in one of those groups.

• Like 2

What the leadership really believes I couldn't say. But the common folk really believe it. I know a whole lot who are absolutely convinced that democracy in America has been destroyed by the left. The fact that this huge chunk of the population feels this way is scary. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The Vatican at the time believed the sun revolved around the Earth, not vice versa. Wasn't about whether the Earth was flat.

Wow. Didn´t know that i fell for a conspiracy theory. Shame on me.

Someone like you should not fall for a modern one, but obviously you did.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well then there is this page that proves the debunking was bs so we are back to square 1. 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/07/no-the-georgia-vote-counting-video-was-not-debunked-not-even-close/

And yet again, source Arielle.

The Federalist may have once had a “never Trump” image, but the conservative publication moved quickly rightward as President Donald Trump became president and took over the Republican Party. The outlet is now known for vigorously defending Trump, for its trolling and conspiracy-laden posts, and for attacking liberal media. Sometimes trafficking in racism, The Federalist had a “black crime” tag until someone exposed the tag on Twitter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I know a whole lot who are absolutely convinced that democracy in America has been destroyed by the left.

What is most terrifying is that so many Americans apparently believe that Biden, Harris, and Pelosi represent anything like "The Left." In most countries, they'd be considered center or even center-right.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What is most terrifying is that so many Americans apparently believe that Biden, Harris, and Pelosi represent anything like "The Left." In most countries, they'd be considered center or even center-right.

No, no.....the faaaar left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And this says it all, so true and so sad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I like to refer to the political parties in the US as "The rich vs the rich", myself.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

So you say theat they were corrupt and knew they were? You puzzle me.

To a degree, YES.  

The founding fathers did believe that power corrupts and that if you get too much power in one place, it will cause trouble.  Thus the need for checks and balances - part of why we have the 3 different branches of government:  to help limit how much the power hurts us.

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We are being scammed. Neither the "left" or the "right" are anything like thier opposition portrays them as. Every election we are told that we have to vote for the Democrat or the Republican, because the other one will distroy America. Meanwhile they both are in the back pocket of huge corporations who just want to suck more money out of the common person. 

Those corporation want to maintain the status quo, not destroy anything.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Whispers: It’s not working as intended....

So true, so true.

I didn't claim it was working as intended.

The constitution limited the founding fathers, as well as those to come later.  It was an attempt to at least control the power abuses, control the corruption, at least to some degree.  No system will control power and corruption entirely, due to the nature of man.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

^^^This^^^ is what scares me.  The belief that people are no longer allowed to have their own opinions, their own thoughts and have to fall in line with one narrative, one ideology.  

Newsflash, people are ALLOWED to believe in what they believe in.  They are ALLOWED to have differing views from you.  They are ALLOWED to exist in the same world you exist in. 

Adults know this and can agree to disagree. 

As Judge Judy said in one of her cases, you do not have to like what someone says, but you are not allowed to hurt them or destroy their property just because you don't like it.

Nah,

If someone's opinions are  "I think  you should die and I'm going to support this person and actively stage a coup to keep him in power so I can ensure you die" I think people are allowed to ensure those kinda assholes don't get a platform.

An opinion is  what you think about pineapple on pizza.  What Trumpietes have been doing for the past four years? not an opinion and  I can get behind anyone that doesn't want that kinda scumbag around them. Espically if they are in  any of the marglinzied groups that have plenty to fear.

The 6th proved why "letting people have their opinions" completely  unregulauted when the  "opinion" is  "White nationalism is good actually." is a bad idea.

Edited by Robin Kiyori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To a degree, YES.  

The founding fathers did believe that power corrupts and that if you get too much power in one place, it will cause trouble.  Thus the need for checks and balances - part of why we have the 3 different branches of government:  to help limit how much the power hurts us.

So even corrupt politicians earn some credits, occasionally, hehe.

Anyways, there´s as much idiocy, stupidity, criminal energy and corruption in politics as there is anywhere else. and the very most neither are corrupt nor criminals nor "leeches" but they try to do what the souvereign ordered them to to. Which usually is a damned tough job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So true, so true.

I didn't claim it was working as intended.

The constitution limited the founding fathers, as well as those to come later.  It was an attempt to at least control the power abuses, control the corruption, at least to some degree.  No system will control power and corruption entirely, due to the nature of man.

It wasn't intended to control but to prevent and in the event of it actually happening, curtail it until such time the wheels of government/justice turn or the people revolt. Whichever comes first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.