Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

First of all, addressing your opposition with an insult such as libtard, from the start. If you walk into my office and addressed me with an insult from start, do you really think that you would obtain anything, reach your goals/objectives, no matter how justified they are. Nah, don't think so. And has nothing to do with any of your political believes, religion, race or whatsoever. It means that you can't act like an adult or an human. Trump started his political career with lies, insults, conspiracy theories. One that can't handle the truth, reality, has no base or ground to debate. Always was, always is, and it will always be so.

Now, in my social midst, Trump is a name to be avoided, not only since the last 5 years, but way before that. We know that he is listed as a potential sexual predator and pedophile since end of the 90's, early 2000's and is registered as such by our government and several instances. Still wonders why anyone in the US was still willing to vote for him after the release of the Access Hollywood tapes. There, he just showed the world how he really is. Yes, people do deserve a second chance, sadly I don't think that sexual predators and pedophiles should be on that list.

Now that is an interesting spin on the material you are responding to.

...since I'm aware every libtard will throw the usual tantrum...

Didn't really insult you... he did frame it so you would look like a libtard if you threw a tantrum. It is like saying 'I know crows fly.' Did you fly and are you therefore a crow?

He probably shouldn't have used the term, regardless of whether it is accurate and descriptive or not. It gave you an out and allowed you to avoid answering the question. Which you seem to have taken and used as an opportunity to slam Trump.

I am curious if you can point to any of the agencies' listings of him as a potential predator or pedophile? I'll even make it easier. Can you point to any list of potential predators or pedophiles? Regardless of who is or isn't on them?

Since you likely have genitals, aren't you a potential sexual predator and/or pedophile?

I hope those two question get you thinking. For others, I hope they can see the inanity of a government "list of potential anythings".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Now that is an interesting spin on the material you are responding to.

Didn't really insult you... he did frame it so you would look like a libtard if you threw a tantrum. It is like saying 'I know crows fly.' Did you fly and are you therefore a crow?

He probably shouldn't have used the term, regardless of whether it is accurate and descriptive or not. It gave you an out and allowed you to avoid answering the question. Which you seem to have taken and used as an opportunity to slam Trump.

I am curious if you can point to any of the agencies' listings of him as a potential predator or pedophile? I'll even make it easier. Can you point to any list of potential predators or pedophiles? Regardless of who is or isn't on them?

Since you likely have genitals, aren't you a potential sexual predator and/or pedophile?

I hope those two question get you thinking. For others, I hope they can see the inanity of a government "list of potential anythings".

How in the world did we get to here ! 

One thing I think we all know by now is.... we can not trust *news sources* so I discount most of the links posted in this thread. None of us have ever been a fly on the wall in any f these political lives so we DO NOT know. We speculate ... just like the news sources. The political machine is well oiled , as we see in this thread we are actually being lead like sheep.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Using your criteria how would you class BLM when they insist on getting what they want or burning America down?

Ahh, whataboutism

BLM protesting institutional police brutality and overthrowing the government though a violent premeditated invasion of the capitol are not the same thing. 

But you knew that.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So... does the fascist sympathizer have to do both, advocate and plan to install a dictator?

Using your criteria how would you class BLM when they insist on getting what they want or burning America down?

Seems a better use of your time would be to oust all the white supremacists in your party like those who attempted to murder government officials at the Capitol last week, versus attempting to demonize the People Of Color in this country who have been victimized for centuries. Maybe join The Lincoln Project, Republicans who became disgusted with what happened to the GOP and left, or even those trying to reform the party from within.

GOP_BigTentParty.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Is it ok to take money from American's pockets what they rightfully earned but have to give it up to bogus programs that support perfectly able people to "ride the system".

Ok this is just flat out disgusting -- demonizing the disadvantaged in society like this.  I've had experience in Social Work and it is harder than hell to get aid in the first place, and if anybody manages to get aid it is so low they can barely survive.

Sure, there are those who manage to cheat the system, but to paint all people who need help as liars and cheats is beyond the pale.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Sure, there are those who manage to cheat the system, but to paint all people who need help as liars and cheats is beyond the pale.

Fraud claims are not about fraud, it's about the 'wrong people' having access to assistance. Same as we just saw with 'voter fraud'.

There will always be a tiny minority of people who game any system, they tend to be from the same socio-economic group as those who like to point fingers.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:
16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Fraud claims are not about fraud, it's about the 'wrong people' having access to assistance. Same as we just saw with 'voter fraud'.

There will always be a tiny minority of people who game any system, they tend to be from the same socio-economic group as those who like to point fingers.

Good point!

I've been reading about the history of racism in America, how the reason we don't have universal health care and other types of social services afforded to those in other countries is because whites don't want to give anything to POC who need those services in greater numbers than whites do (proportionally). Never mind that the majority using such services would be white, and in many cases their actual neighbors!

Some have even gone on record saying "I'm not giving any of my paycheck to those *bleeps".

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've had experience in Social Work and it is harder than hell to get aid in the first place, and if anybody manages to get aid it is so low they can barely survive.

Yes, it is far too low.  However, SSDI and SSI are a supplement or supposed to be in part.  One can work part-time as long as their monthly income does not exceed $2,000 (two thousand dollars) a month in the State of California.   So, the low SSI or SSDI can be supplemented.  However, some are disabled all the time.  Ultimately though the rehabilitation programs for the partially disabled in California are broken.  It's just give them a low amount and leave them, no rehabilitation anymore or it's very sporadic; hit or miss entirely.  California really should re-establish it's rehabilitation programs for those who can work part-time because being productive is important, even if it is part-time.  And, affording "jobs" as a drug dealer is not a part time job.  And jail is not providing housing.

Don't get me started on that, Mr. Alcott!

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

They aren’t listening to you guys. They’re doing the forum equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and saying “La La La” by calling you white knights and boasting about their ignore lists.

Yeah, this.

I understand the value of the "Ignore" function for some people. There have been some pretty toxic posters here at times, and I totally understand the use of ignore for one's own emotional and intellectual health. And, sometimes, there are just people you don't want to read. I don't use the function, but there are certainly a few posters whom I just don't bother reading generally. Using the scroll wheel on my mouse is functionally the same.

But to boast about the size of your "Ignore" list suggests that this is about something rather different. It says that someone is deliberately silencing voices that offer different perspectives and ideas, and, what's more, that that person is proud of the fact that they have chosen to swim around in their own little filter bubble, safe from ideas that might threaten their world view or require, you know, consideration and thought.

"Snowflakes" indeed. I can't think of a better flag for that status than simply hiding from different voices and perspectives -- and being proud of your own wilful ignorance.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ok this is just flat out disgusting -- demonizing the disadvantaged in society like this.  I've had experience in Social Work and it is harder than hell to get aid in the first place, and if anybody manages to get aid it is so low they can barely survive.

It would be disgusting if I did "paint all people". However, assuming that I did, is the societal problem we have right now. You failed to have a discussion. I've been put in a box with my statement, however the statement is targeted at those taking advantage. Maybe align with the conversation and ask a question next time and don't assume. Objective thinking is where everyone misunderstanding my response will fail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Audiobuff007 said:

It would be disgusting if I did "paint all people". However, assuming that I did, is the societal problem we have right now. You failed to have a discussion. I've been put in a box with my statement, however the statement is targeted at those taking advantage. Maybe align with the conversation and ask a question next time and don't assume. Objective thinking is where everyone misunderstanding my response will fail. 

Who and whom do you suppose is "riding the system"?  As Luna said it is harder than hell to get and that is the truth.  It could take years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Good point!

I've been reading about the history of racism in America, how the reason we don't have universal health care and other types of social services afforded to those in other countries is because whites don't want to give anything to POC who need those services in greater numbers than whites do (proportionally). Never mind that the majority using such services would be white, and in many cases their actual neighbors!

Some have even gone on record saying "I'm not giving any of my paycheck to those *bleeps".

Let's examine why those hard working people that support the country financially don't want to pay into the governmental system to mismanage the funds and run programs so that they actually work for those that "need" part time money or assistance. I don't care if you're green with purple stripes, assistance for perfectly able people should be a temporary measure. Thusly those wanting a large family whether it be children or pets, financial planning should be deeply worked through before leveraging against subsidy programs because of personal mistakes. This goes hand in glove with paying taxes for a social healthcare.. the party that promotes a racial divide, I'll say in reference to the start of the root, they've been pushing the divide since the 60's. Think Chicago in the 60's, you might guess the party. The government is not capable of running programs with out a slant, case and point, right now audits uncovered $21 trillion missing, the financials date back to '97'. Go Figure at the rise of the Clinton administration. So, no. Nor would I want to pay in to a system that will not work effectively. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Who and whom do you suppose is "riding the system"?  As Luna said it is harder than hell to get and that is the truth.  It could take years.  

Those riding the system know who they are. If you're not it, then you're not part of the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this.

I understand the value of the "Ignore" function for some people. There have been some pretty toxic posters here at times, and I totally understand the use of ignore for one's own emotional and intellectual health. And, sometimes, there are just people you don't want to read. I don't use the function, but there are certainly a few posters whom I just don't bother reading generally. Using the scroll wheel on my mouse is functionally the same.

But to boast about the size of your "Ignore" list suggests that this is about something rather different. It says that someone is deliberately silencing voices that offer different perspectives and ideas, and, what's more, that that person is proud of the fact that they have chosen to swim around in their own little filter bubble, safe from ideas that might threaten their world view or require, you know, consideration and thought.

"Snowflakes" indeed. I can't think of a better flag for that status than simply hiding from different voices and perspectives -- and being proud of your own wilful ignorance.

It’s the only thing you can call it. You can kind of make light of it, but it’s more of a laugh to keep from crying type of thing. What really bothers me is, with the things that are coming out, it’s a lot deeper and darker. 

A coworker of mine was killed yesterday and we’re just finding out about it today. Then to come here and see these little micro aggressions over something that has this much gravity is like....

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

One thing I think we all know by now is.... we can not trust *news sources* so I discount most of the links posted in this thread. None of us have ever been a fly on the wall in any f these political lives so we DO NOT know. We speculate ... just like the news sources.

News sources do not speculate. Editorials do. News are just news and nothing but news. Like: "Oh hell, the moon just exploded". That´s news. "Dominion blew it up" is speculation as long as not proven to be true. Once proven to be true "Dominion blew it up" is news.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

It’s the only thing you can call it. You can kind of make light of it, but it’s more of a laugh to keep from crying type of thing. What really bothers me is, with the things that are coming out, it’s a lot deeper and darker. 

A coworker of mine was killed yesterday and we’re just finding out about it today. Then to come here and see these little micro aggressions over something that has this much gravity is like....

Janet, I'm so sorry. That's awful. I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry.

You're right about the dark things coming out. It's terrifying how deep this apparently went. I watched interviews with three DC cops who were defending the Capitol on the 6th, and their accounts of the savagery of the crowd were just chilling.

There's something really scary moving under the surface of things right now; I have the sense that even Republicans are beginning to understand how dark are the forces they've been enabling, and are recoiling in horror and disgust.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Those riding the system know who they are. If you're not it, then you're not part of the problem. 

Is this "supposed" people riding the system working in Detroit?  I don't think so!  I think you imagine an invisible boogeyman plus, hate to say it, have a narrow right-wing "boomer" view that is out of touch with reality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

One thing I think we all know by now is.... we can not trust *news sources* so I discount most of the links posted in this thread. None of us have ever been a fly on the wall in any f these political lives so we DO NOT know. We speculate ... just like the news sources. The political machine is well oiled , as we see in this thread we are actually being lead like sheep.

I didn't link. I asked someone to define and explain what they were stating. I don't have to trust a news source to hear their answer. Then I asked them to think, which would refute the insinuation they were behaving as a libtard as was sort of implied in someone's earlier post.

It is sad you haven't found news sources you trust. It isn't easy and I can't say there are any I trust 100%. But much of the information we want can come from people actually involved. We just have to put the effort in to find them. Separating from the corporate media is not required. Adding in non-corporate independent sources will at least show one where to ask questions.

The way you write it would seem you feel you are being lead. Does that mean you are a helpless victim and there nothing to do but be lead?

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Ahh, whataboutism

BLM protesting institutional police brutality and overthrowing the government though a violent premeditated invasion of the capitol are not the same thing. 

But you knew that.

whataboutism ... That doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. But... you probably know that and you spun it for your purposes. I didn't ask what about BLM or their behavior? Asked how one used their criteria to decide if BLM was a fascist sympathizer. Did you miss that nuance? Probably not.

As to BLM protesting institutionalized police brutality... you need to define what a protest is and may add how it is different than a fascist riot. Then you might provide some proof of systematic police brutality. Everyone talks about it. No one bothers to prove it. All I ever see provided is a few anecdotal examples from people someone know. Got proof? Or are you one of the lead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Let's examine why those hard working people that support the country financially don't want to pay into the governmental system to mismanage the funds and run programs so that they actually work for those that "need" part time money or assistance. I don't care if you're green with purple stripes, assistance for perfectly able people should be a temporary measure. Thusly those wanting a large family whether it be children or pets, financial planning should be deeply worked through before leveraging against subsidy programs because of personal mistakes. This goes hand in glove with paying taxes for a social healthcare.. the party that promotes a racial divide, I'll say in reference to the start of the root, they've been pushing the divide since the 60's. Think Chicago in the 60's, you might guess the party. The government is not capable of running programs with out a slant, case and point, right now audits uncovered $21 trillion missing, the financials date back to '97'. Go Figure at the rise of the Clinton administration. So, no. Nor would I want to pay in to a system that will not work effectively. 

Fact is that no EU country needs to employ an army to protect an elected president from some radicalised people who think that the world is flat and the US occupies 99 percent of it and that only their idea of what is right or wrong is valid.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 3

As to BLM protesting institutionalized police brutality... you need to define what a protest is and may add how it is different than a fascist riot.

No, I really don't.

Then you might provide some proof of systematic police brutality. Everyone talks about it. No one bothers to prove it. All I ever see provided is a few anecdotal examples from people someone know. Got proof? Or are you one of the lead?

So you can post far right sources and make it seem like there are two sides and continue feigning ignorance? I think not.

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.