Firestorm (AND SL Viewer): Blue. Older posts reviewed.

Kira Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, yea: Last night when I logged off, all was well. Today, I noted that on the login screen, the usually red phoenix and all - is bright blue. Log in, and most things are a blue tint, but - oddly, not everything (my companion puppy, one of my heads up displays (ao)). Seems to affect only things with colors - things that are greyscale (white to black) and possibly certain greens, are fine.  Everything else on my computer outside of Firestorm is fine and normal colored.

There were no recent hardware or driver updates, no new drivers available for my graphics card, and there was no reboot between logins - but I rebooted after seeing the problem, no change.  I have the newest version of the Firestorm viewer. Tried some of the different viewer options - no change. Tried popping around to different sims - no change (didn't expect, but, ya know, wanted to check).

I've also tried setting the graphics as low as I can - no ALM, no shaders at all, performance lowest setting, turned off all render options. No change to colors. Since I have the newest Firestorm, it's not Windlight, it's... um... whatever the new thing is called (EPP?).

Any ideas? Since in old posts, reinstalling Firestorm didn't work, haven't bothered.

System is Windows 10 home, AMD Ryzen 7, X570 AORUS PRO video, Gigabyte mobo. Computer itself is only about two months old, and mostly high end components.

OH, and Second Life Viewer is doing the Same Dang Thing. But there was a chat thing mentioning the Firestorm LSL Bridge, so I guess they're connected? I haven't used the SL viewer since installing Firestorm. So now I'm wondering which one is to blame?

Ah yes this is the AMD driver issue...thereis a FS wiki article about it, essentially you will need to roll back your GPU driver to an earlier one.I'll just hunt out the wiki article and publish the url.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_amd

this is that article on the FS wiki

Edited by Aishagain
further info
  • Like 1

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum and don't see a way to delete it.

FWIW, finally found a temp answer - I had to *log off* with ALM disabled, then I could log on with normal colors and reenable ALM.

Anyway, admins can delete since there are so many posts with this topic. I found the bug report but havent' figured out how/where to add my own system config info that was requested in one of the forum posts.:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Graphics Card Memory: 8176 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.1034.0006
OpenGL Version: 4.6.13596 Compatibility Profile Context 20.10.35.02 27.20.1034.6

The ALM fix worked for everything inworld, but the colors of the chat and other SL windows are still blue.

Edited by Kira Trafalgar
additional info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.