Can't upgrade account because "Membership type: Defunct". How can I fix this?

Jackson Shatner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an up to date payment method (and can buy lindens) but the website won't let me upgrade my account in order to buy land.

Interestingly, when I do try to buy land, it tells me "your account will downgrade to Basic Access on Thursday, January 1, 1970."

I've been in SL for a long time, and am proud of that fact, but not even I have been around that long.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Jackson Shatner said:

I have an up to date payment method (and can buy lindens) but the website won't let me upgrade my account in order to buy land.
Interestingly, when I do try to buy land, it tells me "your account will downgrade to Basic Access on Thursday, January 1, 1970."
I've been in SL for a long time, and am proud of that fact, but not even I have been around that long.
Any ideas?

You created your account Oct 1st 2005, that is a long time ago. Could it be that you had an account/subscription type which no longer is being offered?

Other than that I have not much to add, other than that So Whimsy is right and that you should perhaps file a ticket. This is not really a common issue around these parts, pardner!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.