No Copy Coupon Conundrum

Bloodsong Termagant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i wanted to do this thing... where if you buy an avatar from my store, you get a 25% off coupon for your next purchase.  you can use this coupon to

A: buy a 'basic' avatar and get a discount on one add-on
B: buy  'basic' avatar, then use the coupon to 'upgrade' it to the advanced version
😄 get discounts on subsequent avatars
😧 after you buy 4 avatars, you can get one free by combining your four 25% coupons

(smilies?  seriously?  ::sigh::)

i have purchased a vendor system (not caspervend) that has percentage coupons, and allows the combination of discount coupons up to a 100% discount.  it's a good system, but is no longer actively supported by the creator.  also, it doesn't have all the networked stuff and redelivery stuff.

i also have these items on the marketplace.  but... as you know, if i put a no-copy coupon inside my box of copy/mod stuff... the whole box is no-copy.  so, basically, if the coupon is in the box, i can't allow redeliveries.  which is bad.

i DO know that caspervend has a setting where you can deliver an ancillary item -- like a no-copy coupon.  um, presumably as a one-time thing.  but last i heard, caspervend didn't want to do percentage-off coupons.  they only did specific L value cards.

so my question is... is there a better way to handle no-copy % coupons that come with my products? 

is there a way to... 'finagle' this on marketplace?  i was thinking of creating a listing of the avatar box without the no-copy coupon, but not list it for sale.  instead, i could send a box to each person who buys an avatar, and then they could get the couponless one redelivered.  but that sounds like... yeah.

any ideas or alternatives?

Just slip it (copy it) into the current version folder. No need to box it at all. It will get delivered at the same time but as a separate inventory item in the same folder.

Just a make sure it's in the version (delivery) folder and not the top level.

You can save your customer the hassle of unboxing by putting everything in there instead of a box. No real reason to box things at all here. Unless it's item specific or something.

Edited by Artorius Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.