Keyboard mapping

Dannyj86

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello lovely people and forum users ,

I have a simple question , yet the answer dousnt seem so simple.

I'm from europe and i got a azerty keyboard , i'd like to change the keys suited for that.

I could use the arrows but that dousnt feel comfortable to move around with at all :)

Any tips would be appreciated !

4 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Dannyj86 said:

I'm from europe and i got a azerty keyboard , i'd like to change the keys suited for that.

I could use the arrows but that dousnt feel comfortable to move around with at all :)

7 hours ago, Dannyj86 said:

I have no solution for you at the moment. However, LL is working on a viewer which will allow you to change the keyboard mapping so that you don't have to twist your fingers to reach the W and the A. Maybe you can temporarily change your keyboard layout in your operating system so you can use ZQSD to walk around? If I am not mistaken, that should match WASD.

Note to everyone else: Below you see an AZERTY keyboard, it is commonly used in France and Belgium. It has a different layout than the QWERTY keyboard that most people use. This layout makes it hard to use WASD, which is hardcoded into all viewers.
1920px-KB_France.svg.png

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

LL is working on a viewer which will allow you to change the keyboard mapping

the project viewer for this is here: https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.4.5.544079.html

and pretty sure Linden team would be very happy if everyone with a AZERTY or other language keyboard would download/use the project viewer so that they can get feedback, which will help to progress the project viewer to release candidate status. Upon which key mapppings capability will make its way into TPVs sooner

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.