Undeforming attachment animation?

Fanta UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For starters, I'm using blender 2.3 and the avastar I have is for 2.8 and above.

My issue is this -> https://gyazo.com/ac2a631aa6a27d753ee4d8487bac4871

I used bone translation to animate the attachment bone, and it deforms the fingers. Without bone translation, it's fine but it doesn't animate the attachment bone as far as I'm aware.

I know it is general discouraged to do this, but I don't know any other bone to do this sort of animation and way that ISN'T going to deform the body.. at least more so than this method apparently.

I tried rigged and unrigged, to which it doesn't matter, as unrigged, it can still be animated like that. So it's the animation itself I'm having problems with in terms of animating the attachment bone and the bone translation option in export. I'm also using anim and not BVH (BVH can't upload this sort).

I also prefer it to be kept bento  (rigging it somewhere if I have to) than animesh due to attachment limitations.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Muiregwen
more info

@OptimoMaximo said in another thread when I had issue with the fingers similar to you and it fixed it:

'Make sure that translate keyframes aren't set on the fingers AND that you're not exporting with use translations checkbox' 

Not sure if it will help with the attachment. 

Edit: Nevermind I think, it's late and missed the part where you mentioned you used the bone translations. 

Can't you make the attachment an animesh with its separate skeleton and animation? 

Will keep my comment if someone replies for future reference. 

Edited by arisaie

After testing, I found that I had to animate the SL base/deform bones and /NOT/ the animation bones (not including attachment point).

As in REMOVING the animation bones fro the keyframes, but keeping the base and deform bones.

Odd, but it'll do as it didn't deform the bones! :D 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.