Am I missing something with mainland parcel presets?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using alts to test on my parcel, so it's my same viewer, which is the latest SL and Firestorm viewer.  I've tried leaving and coming back, relogging, but the parcel EEP settings do not take effect on my alt.  This is on a mainland parcel.

EDIT: It would appear that an experience must be used for parcel environmental settings for mainland.  I'm not sure yet.  I've set up an experience and used a script to set a specific EEP setting and it seems to work.  I'll play with it some more.

Edited by Yingzi Xue

1 hour ago, Yingzi Xue said:

I'm using alts to test on my parcel, so it's my same viewer, which is the latest SL and Firestorm viewer.  I've tried leaving and coming back, relogging, but the parcel EEP settings do not take effect on my alt.  This is on a mainland parcel.

EDIT: It would appear that an experience must be used for parcel environmental settings for mainland.  I'm not sure yet.  I've set up an experience and used a script to set a specific EEP setting and it seems to work.  I'll play with it some more.

Originally (I haven't looked into this lately because I don't care :D) they said that experiences would be needed if you designated different skies at different elevations.  

YOU REALLY SHOULD BE ASKING THIS ON THE EEP THEAD where folks in the know go :D.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yingzi Xue said:

You don't have to use an experience to make guests see an environment you set up in the parcel's Evironement tab in About Land.

Your guests/alts only need to have World > Environment > Use Shared Environment checked.

The only time an experience would be more flexible is when you want even more specific usage of an EEP environment like when someone enters a building/basement/dungeon/cave or when you want to change to a completely different environment on the fly than what is already set on the parcel.

Guests/alts will have to allow in the experience and the experience will have to be applied to the region's/parcel's Allowed list.

• Like 1

Also.... (it was really frustrating to finally figure this out).... it SEEMS like you must set your day offset for the parcel in a very specific way for a Day Cycle EEP to actually cycle and morph through the different keyframes in the cycle. Under About Land > Environment, make sure that down the Day Settings section you have the Day Offset at exactly 0.0. It seems like any non-zero value in the Day Offset will "freeze" the Day cycle at that percentage value among the keyframe interpolation.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I don't care what you are saying...  I do appreciate the effort, but I have two alts and using the same browser. I have gone to About Land > Environment>set custom, used inventory, and just got frustrated. There is no way to override the regions setting in Firestorm 6.4. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.