Curiosity I think killed the adults lands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They say curiosity killed the cat, but I am a panda so I want to a ask a curious question. On my journey in SL I have noticed All the adult places I know or have been to have just had people standing around. Nobody talks, nobody seems to engaging in people and they are supposed to be have public sex places also which again people just seem to stand around doing nothing. Now I am not saying I go there to watch people have sex, but I do wonder why people are fully clothed like it is winter and just standing like statues. All the good places are empty and it seems where they say there is a lot of people you get there and there is nothing. And in pure honesty I noticed more so in the places of the D/s, daddy/ babygirl, masters/ Slaves and BDSM sites are totally empty. I am curious where people go? Where are the places that have people, because I have searched and searched and all the places that Show up are always empty or has 2 or 3 people and they are mainly just females dancing or AFK.🤔🤔🤔🤔

I have a home in adult land and will get visitors sometimes and that's all they do is stand around too.  Everyone is welcome there and I have lots of good adult furniture they could use but they don't.  They also don't respond to any chats from me either.  Not sure what they are doing.

I can't honestly fault a lot of people who AFK. I automatically assume that they're taking their business to the DMs. There isn't really a lot of security and privacy checks in place on SL to ensure that people can engage in their fun without peering eyes and their perv cams. I mean, I wouldn't want to be having fun with someone in a BDSM area only to have some weirdo be nearby, who's obviously jerking it to what we're doing. It'd be a buzzkill

You are asking similar question as Jules asked here:

Check the responses in that thread.

There are places where AFK is the predominant state of people in the region. As far as I know there is no real data on how prevalent that is. While things may appear one way, remember appearance can mislead.

I suspect many dance places have more sort-of-AFK people dancing as the RL side listens to the music while doing something else than other places. IM these people and you may get an answer in an hour or so.

In sex places I find that is not the case people are present just talking in IM or reading profiles. The Sands is a good place to test that hypothesis.

Shopping events often have people standing around apparently doing nothing. These people may be like me. I make it into a crowded event, find an out-of-the-way-place and use a SpaceNavigator to fly my camera through the event, avoiding avatar-movement-lag. OR sometimes I Alt-LMB click searching for something. Either way I appear AFK. But you can test my hypothesis by talking to people at an event.

Places are often RL time sensitive. Many Asian places will appear to always be empty to westerners. It is a RL time of day thing. So some regions are morning places and others evening places depending on which nationalities like or build them.

If you want to meet more people, open the in-viewer Destinations panel and look for What's Hot Now. It lists regions at 80+/-% of avatar capacity. Go to those places and TALK to people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordHappycat said:

I can't honestly fault a lot of people who AFK. I automatically assume that they're taking their business to the DMs. There isn't really a lot of security and privacy checks in place on SL to ensure that people can engage in their fun without peering eyes and their perv cams. I mean, I wouldn't want to be having fun with someone in a BDSM area only to have some weirdo be nearby, who's obviously jerking it to what we're doing. It'd be a buzzkill

The people engaging in slex in public places are there because they want people to watch.  In your own private residence, you can turn on the feature where no one can see your avatar from outside.  That's about as private as you'll get in SL.  

3 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

The people engaging in slex in public places are there because they want people to watch.  In your own private residence, you can turn on the feature where no one can see your avatar from outside.  That's about as private as you'll get in SL.  

In AFK places they really don't have a choice. That is one of the major problems with AFK. AFK operators explcitly put furniture and thus, AFKers and guests, all on the same parcel to garner traffic. If traffic wasn't a factor to an AFK place's success they would use private rooms for everyone.

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

In AFK places they really don't have a choice. That is one of the major problems with AFK. AFK operators explcitly put furniture and thus, AFKers and guests, all on the same parcel to garner traffic. If traffic wasn't a factor to an AFK place's success they would use private rooms for everyone.

I don't think the person I quoted was talking about afk places but about people being afk in regular sex places.  I, like they, always assume they're flirting in IM.  People DO have sex there and do so TO be seen.  

AFK places are just pointless in my opinion.

Try the beaches.. Everytime I go there just to relax and enjoy the lights, I get on a slow night, at least 5 different IM's wanting to have sex..

I go there to relax myself, but the beaches have always been like that it seems..

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Try the beaches.. Everytime I go there just to relax and enjoy the lights, I get on a slow night, at least 5 different IM's wanting to have sex..

I go there to relax myself, but the beaches have always been like that it seems..

And really, the beach is the worst place for sex.  Ya know, sand in all the wrong places?

• Haha 7

all groups with common sense have an event schedule somewhere on an object or a thing you can click on to get it for sex or non sex  activities it's usually right where you land for the first time it might take a while for it to load

and plus the sexual activities can of lost popularity cuz there's a lot of other activities you can do on Second Life I personally think the sexual side of it is pretty boring it's just people sitting on pose balls it doesn't mean it's completely gone if you look hard enough you'll find what you're looking for

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.