Constant Slowness since December?

Kira Zobel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all!

Here's a big issue that has been  keeping me mostly away from SL for the last month or so.

Everything has become super slow.  Avatar and objects loading in, areas loading, people loading, just a pile of slow.  My bandwith is fine, my internet is 300+mbps download, so I don't know what started it.

I've cleared my cache.  I've even updated my Firestorm viewer to the latest and I still experience issues.

I want to know, is everyone experiencing this, or do I need to do some more digging on my end?

LL had said when the migration to the cloud began, there would be some performance drops, which they said they're working to improve. So it's not just something happening at your end, as we've all of seen at times..some more then others. It's been off and on really, some days better then others. which also may depend on if your region has been restarted, which can make a bit of a difference as well. 

I don't know how much else it plays into things, but this past week alone, several ISP's around the US had some major issues as in slow downs and even outages, which can effect servers, which I'm sure effects SL...again not sure how much plays into what's already happening, but it's been a bumpy couple of months, and again we're all seeing similar things, so it's not just at your end. 🙂

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.