Stuff appearing at sim border

Liramaril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some reason stuff owned by people (it looks like people with land administration rights) on my sim from time to time gets sent to the sim corner under the ocean. I've been wondering why this happens. Not very often, but enough that every month or so if I look, there will be five or six random objects all piled in that location. Does anyone know why this happens?

6 answers to this question

Yes, the <0,0,0> corner -- the extreme Southwest corner -- of any region is the region's trash collector.  When the servers don't know where to put something, they put it there.  When you lose valuable objects, that's one of the first places to look for them.  As a scripter, I know that if I try to move an object to poorly defined coordinates, that's often where it will end up.  

The trash is emptied periodically as part of the cleanup when a region is restarted.

10 minutes ago, Liramaril said:

Does anyone know why this happens?

It will sometimes happen is someone tries to rez on the land without the proper group tag or sometimes when trying to rez on mesh.  Most of those times the items stays in the person's inventory, but sometimes the items will go to the <0,0,0> spot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.